displaying posts 26 to 50 of 122

Pages (5): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: White 205 Rallye
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
sounds good, yeah i got mine as my first car as a standard 1400 8v, i fitted a cam and carbs, then went mi16 then to what ive got now.

get about 5-8 miles per gallon when driving mine on track Sad

yeah if your keeping the 14" wheels get a set of 306 S16 266mm brakes, will need a 1.9 suspension/hub/driveshaft setup which is a good upgrade too as will get proper wishbones, front arb etc

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 31st Jul 2012 at 22:14
Lowercase

Regular

Post #27
i doubt ill go any bigger than 14". would like some S2 steels but word seems to be that they will rub which will be a pain in the bum.

with the S16 break set up and the rest of the car that has to come with it, is it really worth it? my research tells me 206 gti brake calipers and discs will be a straight fit, so surely that would be more than adequate.

it does need to be a lot stiffer though, it has some cheapo ebay coilies at the moment which will be coming out in favour of something better when i find something i think will fit the bill. and thenill be looking into ways to stiffen up the rest of the set up, stop it wollowing about so much.

and when i stop tempting myself with an engine conversion, would like to shoe horn a 206 gti lump in there as theyre lighter than the gti6 lump and '138' bhp is more than enough in something as light as the rallye.

1992 205 Rallye - S2 Rallye Engine
Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 08:59
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
EW engine is a fair bit of work, although a great base engine to start from

a good setup would be a 1.8 16v XU engine with gti6 cams, inlet and exhaust manifold but then you might aswell go gti6.

nah S2 steels won't rub atall, i had them on mine for years with 185 60 R14 toyo R888's, now im running C5 15" alloy steels with 195 50 R15's thats with the wider front 309 gti setup too!

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 11:44
Lowercase

Regular

Post #29
yea, EW's are a majour pig to get in, but one can dream lol. that would definately be a job i'd pay someone to do for me, and save my hair falling out.

Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 12:25
Lowercase

Regular

Post #30
rallyeash wrote:

nah S2 steels won't rub atall, i had them on mine for years with 185 60 R14 toyo R888's, now im running C5 15" alloy steels with 195 50 R15's thats with the wider front 309 gti setup too!

really? mines got 5.5 peperpots at the moment and i cant get my fingers down the back of the wheel as it is!

Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 12:38
Lowercase

Regular

Post #31
been putting some thought into my dash lately as its already in bits. and im planning to gut it, smooth it and have it flocked.

i would like to do away with a lot of the stuff on it as i have no radio, and dont need/use the vents facing me etc.

what i do need however is the nice bit of real estate currently taken up by the heater controls/center vents/ashtray and clock.

i need to mount my water and oil temp guages somewhere i can easily keep an eye on them as well as a few other switches.

so, the main question is:

is it possible to remove the heater control unit and just have a switch that will blow what passes for hot air onto the windscreen? if so.. how?

cheers guys.

Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 22:17
Lowercase

Regular

Post #32
im thinking, set the fan to hot and a medium ON setting and just aim the ducts at the screen and block/remove the other pipes.

then i can get rid of the big heater controls.

but id need a switch to turn that heater set up on or off. wiring and me are foreign languages!

Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 22:36
Lowercase

Regular

Post #33
rant iminent!

grr. ordered some baker bm group n engine mounts last night, paid a hefty P&P price so they would arrive in time to fit my new engine and argh checked my emails at lunch today and theres a message saying they are on holiday until the 8th! (my schedule planed to have the new engine in on saturday the 6th.)

and to top it off i just joined their FB page to see if there was any kind of assistance on there and theyre offering 10% off code for all orders placed while they're away. so im now over £100 down, paid a high postage to get them in time. and im going to be without a car for another week while i wait for them to turn up.

now i know they're entitled to a holiday, but why not put this little nugget of information on their damn website.. you know where you actually order stuff from...

anyone know of a decent substitute to baker bm mounts?

Posted 30th Sep 2012 at 18:36
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #34
Give Miles a Shout, he may have exactly the same product on the shelf, or some Vibratechnics ones.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 30th Sep 2012 at 18:46
Lowercase

Regular

Post #35
hmm, havent got the cash flow : and going to have to wait until the 8th/9th for a refund to pay for anything off miles.

grr this has pigged up an otherwise smooth operation

Posted 30th Sep 2012 at 18:58
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
This looks gorgeous Smile I have a soft spot for the 205 and i might have to consider getting one at some point Wink

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 30th Sep 2012 at 19:48
Lowercase

Regular

Post #37
looks like a heap and drives like a wet fart lol, new engine coming this week. twin fans to go in. going to rust kill and respray the engine bay and behind the fuel tank.

then ill start thinking about adressing the cosmetics on the body.

Posted 30th Sep 2012 at 20:04
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
good luck with behind the petrol tank!!! if you end up doing that make sure your rear brake lines are good at the same time, a 205 problem.... give the pipes a wire brush clean up and paint after to avoid the mot failure if they arent fecked already.!!!! just a piece of advise as they are normally very rusty and prone to mot failure....

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 30th Sep 2012 at 23:22
Lowercase

Regular

Post #39
cheers mate, ill have a look while im under there Smile

Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 07:24
Lowercase

Regular

Post #40
we had a good day getting the engine out and the tank down. and by thunder, behind the tank was really clean! will post some pics up tomorow Big grin

Posted 6th Oct 2012 at 21:01
Lowercase

Regular

Post #41
as matt just cant wait any longer...

Amin came over yesterday and we got to work taking out the old 1.4 from the rallye. heres a chunk of pictures of how we got on. it was a good day, very funny as there was some arse end bolts that were rusted on, nothing a grinder and a big hammer cant fix though! lots of blood, coffee and doughnuts!

carbs, battery, and expansion tank out.

manifold off

then pete popped over in his supercharged 6 to help amin fit his new brakes

the tool hire shop was closed so we had to drop the engine out the bottom, but, it worked well enough, bloody heavy though!

empty engine bay!

after that was out, we dropped the fuel tank out so it can be swapped for an injection tank.

amazed at how rust free it was under there

we called it a day after that.

the new engine: 106 S2 1.6 8v TU Smile needs a good clean up and some engine laquer and it will be fit for business.

Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 19:02
Lowercase

Regular

Post #42
today i finished stripping down the engine bay, bumpers off, radiators etc and getting as much of the loom out the way as i could. plan is to deal with all the surface rust and respray the bay before everything goes back in. i want to take the brake servo off too but not really sure how?

theres one small bit thats making me grimace a bit as i am predicting a hole. i dont really have any welding equipment etc so might have to call a friend here :

decided to take the mud flaps off too as it made the car look even more tatty, the roll cage is getting cut out this week too if any 205 people want it, beer money, just come get it Smile

Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 19:03
Lowercase

Regular

Post #43

how do i get the battery tray off? ive undone all 4 bolts that i can see but cant get it to budge still?

also i cant get this mount free either, trick to it?

and this is how i left it today. not done half as much as i wanted to today but rusty bolts and stuff held me up... most the loom is out the way now though, and its mostly ready to start wire wheeling, cleaning, rust treating and priming.

Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 19:08
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
For the mount shove a screwdriver into the notches in the rubber at the top and hammer it anti clockwise. There should be metal supporting the rubber for thise purpose if its like a 306 one
Deepak told my this the other day when i did the one on my six and had the same problem.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 19:12
Lowercase

Regular

Post #45
ah i see what you mean, cheers dude, ill give it a go Smile

Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 19:42
scott.t16

Post #46
Looks like you're making some good progress with this. Got some welding equipment if you ever need any new metal welding in, unfortunately i'm away for the next few months though.

Are you planning on keeping the fuel injection on the new S2 rallye engine or changing it over to carbs?

Ph3 Black Gti 6
Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 21:38
Lowercase

Regular

Post #47
ditching the carbs, main reason for the engine swap. too lumpy and too much of a pain in the ass. and the engine just happened to be available and a fairly straight forward swap.

im a metal worker for a living (though im crap at weldin Razz ) so will have to see if i can borrow someone to sort that hole out.

Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 21:49
milkyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
Who's black 6 is that with the matt bonnet, not seen that before...it is BUFFFF!
Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 21:55
Lowercase

Regular

Post #49
petes, (armzs16) - its a beast in the tin

Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 21:57
milkyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #50
Pete, put some pics up...or point me to the thread containing them Wink
Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 23:29