displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Rear ride hight
pinkfloyd

Senior User

Post #1
For a while now I've been thinking my Rally sat too low at the back, I got my friendly local garage to raise it 1 spline. I don't have any measurements but it went from being borderline too low to looking like std ride height. I checked his marks on the tb's and trailing arms and had only been moved 1 spline!
He then put back 1 spline and it went back to "too low" about 50mm between settings.
Anyone had this before?.

Liverpool Motor Club Sprint champion 2017
Longton & District Motor Club Sprint champion 2017
Liverpool Motor Club Sprint champion 2016
Liverpool Motor Club Sprint champion 2015
Lancashire & Cheshire Speed Championship
Winner 2014
2nd 2013
Winner 2012
2nd 2011
Winner 2010
Winner 2009
Winner 2008
Winner 2007
2nd 2006.
Posted 26th Apr 2012 at 22:11
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
sack off the spline method and do it the proper way, remove the torsion bar fully, set the arm to the desired free height then re-insert torsion bars, you will need to turn the bars spline by spline till you find the matching pair for any given height, one spline will slide in about 5mm before the other, if you've done a decent job of cleaning the splines they'll slide in by hand when you find the ones that match up.

measuring between the damper bolts is the usual way, you can get/make a dummy adjustable damper to do this, 330mm is the standard setting for the 20mm bars on sport spec 306's.

322mm will give roughly a 25mm drop Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 26th Apr 2012 at 22:16
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
The splines either end of the T.B's are offset, so you can virtually set it to the exact mm you want by rotating them until you get the setting you want.

Edit....beaten to it, but thats basically a better version of what i was trying to say.

'90 1.6 205 GTi, '98 306 GTi-6
Posted 26th Apr 2012 at 22:16
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
welshpug! wrote:
sack off the spline method and do it the proper way, remove the torsion bar fully, set the arm to the desired free height then re-insert torsion bars, you will need to turn the bars spline by spline till you find the matching pair for any given height, one spline will slide in about 5mm before the other, if you've done a decent job of cleaning the splines they'll slide in by hand when you find the ones that match up.

measuring between the damper bolts is the usual way, you can get/make a dummy adjustable damper to do this, 330mm is the standard setting for the 20mm bars on sport spec 306's.

322mm will give roughly a 25mm drop Smile

dam rite lol

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 26th Apr 2012 at 22:20