displaying posts 1 to 16 of 16

Author Subject: aftermarket calipers and green stuff brakes
chris1987

Regular

Post #1
I was thinking of getting some new aftermarket calipers was wondering if any one could recommend the best to get also I wanted to get some green stuff brakes but I don't no if there worth the £54 or if there's a better option any advice would be appreciate .Smile
Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 14:03
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
ferodo d2500 are pretty good mate

Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 15:25
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Have never heard a good word said about the Green Stuff pads, having said that though I've never used them myself so they may be better now.........

As for calipers, the most popular choice I would say is to use the Brembo's off the 406 Coupe. Although you may want to invest in some ear plugs if you don't go down the Bell and Rotor/Tarox G88 route.....

More recently a few people on here have used the Brembo's off of the Clio 197/Megane R26, with one of Ash's kits and had great results.

There was also a Wilwood kit developed by Welly on here, not sure if they are available anymore though.

There are numerous options, all depends how much you have to spend really.........
Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 15:33
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
if u had some cash and 17" wheels
http://www.corbymotorsport.com/peugeot-306-97-ksport-8pot-brake-kit-p-6058.html

Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 15:52
chris1987

Regular

Post #5
Thanks guys for your advice you have given me some idears .iv bin reading the some of the brake threads and do like the look of the brembos 406 ones but as I have 15" Cyclones think I should save up a bit lol Thumbs up
Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 18:20
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
fatlapit wrote:

heard and seen bad things about those lately, something with the compound that changed iirc.

I remember phillipm testing the new bluestuff pads and he was quite happy with the at first, no idea what his final conclusion was...

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 19:12
footah212

Senior User

Post #7
dragoon wrote:
fatlapit wrote:

heard and seen bad things about those lately, something with the compound that changed iirc.

I remember phillipm testing the new bluestuff pads and he was quite happy with the at first, no idea what his final conclusion was...

i bought some ds2500's recently and they are pretty good

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 19:26
mr swampy s16

**BAD SELLER**

Post #8
plenty of people using wilwood these days, plenty of pad choice for them and parts availablty (i can supply braided brake lines to suit)

as for pads, i never liked greenstuff, found they left alot of deposits on the disk and gave it a warled feeling

my favorites are!

pagid rs 4 2 blue

but they aint cheap
Posted 21st Apr 2012 at 19:39
chris1987

Regular

Post #9
Any gd sites to look for wilwood brake kits,brakes and spacers to keep my 15" ? Big grin
Posted 22nd Apr 2012 at 20:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
dragoon wrote:

I was pretty damned happy with them, right up until I overheated them one day and they left deposits all over my wavy discs, bah. Then they vibrated like fook when warm.

However, up until then they were a nice alternative to DS2500/M1144 with a little more power and bite. Just try not to fry 'em. I'm going over to Carbotech XP8's as soon as I've skimmed my discs back flat again though, which have plenty more power/fade resistance available!

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 22nd Apr 2012 at 20:08
chris1987

Regular

Post #11
Thanks for your help guys .
Posted 23rd Apr 2012 at 01:09
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
phillipm wrote:
I'm going over to Carbotech XP8's as soon as I've skimmed my discs back flat again though, which have plenty more power/fade resistance available!

These squeal like 406 brembos on the S60Rs i've seen/heard them on.
Work though Thumbs up

Nothing to see here
Posted 23rd Apr 2012 at 17:05
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #13

I'd go Ash's 310mm kit over those tbh. Used a similar setup on a legacy in anger and wasn't *that* impressed.

Nothing to see here
Posted 23rd Apr 2012 at 17:07
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
adam b wrote:
phillipm wrote:
I'm going over to Carbotech XP8's as soon as I've skimmed my discs back flat again though, which have plenty more power/fade resistance available!

These squeal like 406 brembos on the S60Rs i've seen/heard them on.
Work though Thumbs up

Don't squeal on the buggy, neither do the '10's just need the occasional spanking to keep 'em quiet is all.

And they won't squeak on my discs, I can guarantee that Thumbs up

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 23rd Apr 2012 at 17:22
chris1987

Regular

Post #15
Thank for all the diffrent ideas will have lots to research befor pay day cheers Thumbs up
Posted 24th Apr 2012 at 19:59
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
phillipm wrote:
dragoon wrote:

I was pretty damned happy with them, right up until I overheated them one day and they left deposits all over my wavy discs, bah. Then they vibrated like fook when warm.

However, up until then they were a nice alternative to DS2500/M1144 with a little more power and bite. Just try not to fry 'em. I'm going over to Carbotech XP8's as soon as I've skimmed my discs back flat again though, which have plenty more power/fade resistance available!

good for fast road/daily use then, might look for a pair myself then(can't find m1144's here) to combine with the brembo max's

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 24th Apr 2012 at 22:41