displaying posts 1 to 25 of 36

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: Peugeot Sport Club March offer
rob gti6

Senior User

Post #1
I know some of you on here are also members of the Peugeot Sport Club UK, so a few of you may already know, but for those that don't or may want to join. I've had an email regarding there March offer -

For the month of March we have reduced the Membership fee for the club by £5. That means UK residents can now join one of the longest established and most successful Peugeot clubs for a ridiculously low price of just £15. Overseas rates have been similarly reduced.

Not wishing to leave out our many current members, this offer also applies to renewals, even if your renewal is not yet due- 12 months will be added to your current expiry date.

Membership includes car stickers, Tax disc holder, colour club magazines as well as discounts on events and services, and not to forget priority parking at PUGFEST- the UKs largest and best all Peugeot show. Renewals get the added advantage of a FREE club T-shirt to the latest design – which is another reason to stay with the best value car club around.

Overseas members are of course welcome and we have a number that already attend PUGFEST in the summer to meet with other worldwide Peugeot enthusiasts. Membership rates are on the joining page at https://www.pscuk.net

P1 306 GTI6 X2
P2 306 GTI6
P3 306 GTI6
205 GTI 1.9

Peugeot Sport Club UK Gloucestershire Group Leader

Posted 20th Mar 2012 at 19:17
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
You dirty little temptress Robert xxx

Nothing to see here
Posted 20th Mar 2012 at 21:18
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
Been a member of the PSOOC since 2004. Not sure I want to renew this year though, despite the generous offer. There doesn't seem to be enough things to keep it interesting. Unsure

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 11:21
Mikey S

Junior User

Post #4
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Been a member of the PSOOC since 2004. Not sure I want to renew this year though, despite the generous offer. There doesn't seem to be enough things to keep it interesting. Unsure

Not knocking the pscuk but i was a member over there for years (since 99) and i let it lapse 4 years ago because of the exact same reasons as you Stan.

Its a good offer so i might renew.

Will i get a t-shirt?!?!?Big grin LOL

Onyx Black '6, 1997.
Graphite Grey MI16 205, 1990.
Hanover Green Pajero 2.8, 1995.
Midnight Sky Galaxy TDCI, 2011.

Team: Dented Quarterpanel....
Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 11:47
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #5
Mikey S wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:

Not knocking the pscuk but i was a member over there for years (since 99) and i let it lapse 4 years ago because of the exact same reasons as you Stan.

Its a good offer so i might renew.

Will i get a t-shirt?!?!?Big grin LOL

Mine hasn't lapsed, it runs out in a couple of months. I just can't see the attraction for renewing for a 9th year at this time. Maybe I'm not the only one who feels like this hence they are lowering the joining price for a month to try and get some interest and drum up some new members on the books? Unsure

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 12:06
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #6
All car clubs are feeling the pinch I would imagine. In a climate of pay freezes, increased living costs and everything else. A virtual benefit is a luxury that can be done without. Nice to see they supply stickers, tax disc holders and magazines in the membership price though.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 12:08
    peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
    I've just renewed mine even though I rarely go on anymore, which seems to be the case for a lot of people aswell.
    There's hardly ever anybody on there Sad

As for the free Tshirt, I asked for large and got sent a medium Dunno

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
    Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
    roland rat wrote:
    You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 12:11
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #8
    peetypug wrote:

As for the free Tshirt, I asked for large and got sent a medium Dunno

Lose some weight then you obese cake munching twat! Thumbs up
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 13:49
    musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
    I got an email the other day too mentioning about a Northern trackday for £25 with £20 insurance for the club.....just a heads up for anyone

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 14:28
    mr west

Senior User

Post #10
    does anyone know if being a member of this gets a reduction in insurance as i know adrian flux ask if your a member of any onwers groups

white rallye
    cherry dead rallye
    s16
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 18:47
    rikky 🦔

Post #11
    unlikely, you can say you're a member of any club. i think it's just so they know where to look when you smash your car up on a trackday and post photos up of it the day after you claim it was done on a B road

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 18:49
    mr west

Senior User

Post #12
    cant see me paying £15 for a sticker then LOL

white rallye
    cherry dead rallye
    s16
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 18:58
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #13
    It used to give you a 10% discount on parts at Peugeot, but never a discount for insurance! LOL

It's hardly a qualification is it, like a Pass Plus?? LOL

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 20:38
    BrianM

Regular

Post #14
    £10 for Gold membership on here provides you the ability to post throughout the forum? I still paid it, with minimal whinging to support what this site represents (a good wee community) and because I found info on here helpful.

There's a big downloads section on pscuk.net now, that's not getting used as much as it should, with LOADS of old Torque magazine's, technical info, old articles etc that have be uploaded there, which make for a good read.

For the extra fiver MINIMUM, you're getting magazines through you're letterbox, and discount off ticket prices at pugfest and the ability to park where ever you like at pugfest. I get discount from my local pug dealer through PSCUK membership and so do many others, admitedly, because each place is a franchise, it's not everywhere and we can't control that, which is a shame.

That's the bear bones of where the extra fiver is worth it. The discount directory is getting a massive update, we've just secured big discounts through the RAC, breakdown recovery is £27.75 instead of £55...right up to their top package (roadside, recovery, home assist, replacement vehicle & overnight accommodation etc) which is £188.50 and members are getting it for £94.25. So it depends on what you do with the membership sometimes. Some people will benefit from it more than others.

'13 208 Gti Bianca White, '99 Bianca 306 Rallye, '92 309 Goodwood GTi 5dr, '92 Miami Blue 309 GTi 3dr.
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 21:01
    fast_eddie

Regular

Post #15
    As a relatively new member on here, I read far more negative posts about this forum than any other pug forum I know of.
    Does not bother me either way as I am here for a reason and the same on other forums I decide to be a part of.

As a comparison, my first post on this forum almost caused me to quit immediately. That has not happened on any other forum I have ever joined Smile
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 21:07
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #16
    BrianM wrote:
    For the extra fiver MINIMUM, you're getting magazines through you're letterbox

And thats a good reason to renew? You must be joking...LOL

It took me two long years of constantly complaining over various e-mails about the Torque magazine to stop receiving it. I explained I enjoyed being a member of the club and attending Pugfest etc, however I didn't find the club magazine was of any use to me personally and therefore I wished not to receive it through the post. Seeing as like Dan points out, everyone is feeling the pinch you'd have thought the club would have jumped at the chance to take my membership money (which paid for the magazine as well) and then not have to send me copies. Two years later the issue was finally addressed (just as I had practically given up on it) and I was assured I would no longer receive the magazine...

So taking the magazine out of the equation and also the fact that I receive European breakdown cover with my insurance, I can't see any reasons which jump out at me as good enough to renew.

I think maybe someone should have a rethink on exactly what it is that members would actually like out of a club...

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 21st Mar 2012 at 22:57
    mr west

Senior User

Post #17
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    It used to give you a 10% discount on parts at Peugeot, but never a discount for insurance! LOL

It's hardly a qualification is it, like a Pass Plus?? LOL

granted but i have known people in the past that are members of rs owners porsche owners and mgb owners that have got a lower premium as they are seen as enthusiasts not boy racers.
    might take a look anyhow

white rallye
    cherry dead rallye
    s16
    Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 02:10
    adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    I think maybe someone should have a rethink on exactly what it is that members would actually like out of a club...

Similar to a certain other Peugeot Club then Laugh my ass off

Nothing to see here
    Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 09:07
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #19
    adam b wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

Beat me to it with that quote!

• Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 09:26
    sharvey44

Senior User

Post #20
    dangti6 wrote:
    adam b wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

Beat me to it with that quote!

^^^ Lolzcat to that...

Ph2.5 Nile - Slowly trying to de-East London it and restore to former glory...
    Built on the 9 Febuary 1999 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Currently looking slightly molested due to some c*nt trying to get into it.. Sad

According to the forum Social Worker, because I work in IT, I am socially retarted..
    Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 09:54
    rikky 🦔

Post #21
    mr west wrote:
    granted but i have known people in the past that are members of rs owners porsche owners and mgb owners that have got a lower premium as they are seen as enthusiasts not boy racers.
    might take a look anyhow

doesn't make them any less likely to drive like a bellend though just cos they're on an owners club

i drive even worse now that i'm a member of the gti6 site

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 10:10
    matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
    BrianM wrote:
    £10 for Gold membership on here provides you the ability to post throughout the forum? I still paid it, with minimal whinging to support what this site represents (a good wee community) and because I found info on here helpful.

There's a big downloads section on pscuk.net now, that's not getting used as much as it should, with LOADS of old Torque magazine's, technical info, old articles etc that have be uploaded there, which make for a good read.

For the extra fiver MINIMUM, you're getting magazines through you're letterbox, and discount off ticket prices at pugfest and the ability to park where ever you like at pugfest. I get discount from my local pug dealer through PSCUK membership and so do many others, admitedly, because each place is a franchise, it's not everywhere and we can't control that, which is a shame.

That's the bear bones of where the extra fiver is worth it. The discount directory is getting a massive update, we've just secured big discounts through the RAC, breakdown recovery is £27.75 instead of £55...right up to their top package (roadside, recovery, home assist, replacement vehicle & overnight accommodation etc) which is £188.50 and members are getting it for £94.25. So it depends on what you do with the membership sometimes. Some people will benefit from it more than others.

Brian, i had my renewal notification come with the latest Torque magazine, how do i go about getting the reduced renewal and my free t-shirt?

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
    2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
    Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
    Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 10:20
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #23
    adam b wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

Are you talking about this site?? Unsure

This isn't a club! If it was a club it would have a committee with meetings and minutes taken etc...

It is a single model internet car forum. You may well have purchased membership, but it is not membership of a club. No

Soooo...back on topic, I still can't see anything which interests me enough to want to stay a member of the PSOOC..

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:16
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #24
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    adam b wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

This isn't a club! If it was a club it would have a committee with meetings and minutes taken etc...

It is a single model internet car forum. You may well have purchased membership, but it is not membership of a club. No

Soooo...back on topic, I still can't see anything which interests me enough to want to stay a member of the PSOOC..

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2012 all rights reserved.

• Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:18
    sharvey44

Senior User

Post #25
    dangti6 wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    adam b wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2012 all rights reserved.

record...broken...sound like...

lets not go down this road again...

Ph2.5 Nile - Slowly trying to de-East London it and restore to former glory...
    Built on the 9 Febuary 1999 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Currently looking slightly molested due to some c*nt trying to get into it.. Sad

According to the forum Social Worker, because I work in IT, I am socially retarted..
    Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:23

Pages (2): [1] 2