displaying posts 26 to 36 of 36

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Peugeot Sport Club March offer
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #26
Dan - It may be registered as a 'club' but actually it is registered as a limited company.

The PSOOC are a traditional club which includes many different things one of which is a forum. The GTi-6 forum is literally just that, a forum. The forum is not part of any club. It is it's own separate entity.

That being the case, there is no 'club' responsibility like there is with the PSOOC. The point I was trying to make is maybe when running a club the people who run it (a committee) should maybe listen to the members more.

That doesn't apply here as we are just a discussion forum, nothing more.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 13:17
gtisid

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Psooc offer a lot for the money inc pugfest which is the only decent event held for classic peugeots. In fact if it was not
For Psooc peugeots would just be a piece of metal with no place for car enthusiasts to show their pride and joy.
After all what is the point of owning a classic french car if there is nowhere to show it. I dont know what it is though as the whole french car scene struggles for loyal members. French car show and pugfest is it,as a car scene for puglovers and as much as psooc try to raise interest in pugs as a whole, it is either racers or a 2 dozen true enthusiasts that look after their pieces of pug history well enough to show it. Apart from the grp b peugeots i do not know of any true restoration peojects done on pugs, why is that? If the whole french car scene had a genuine interest and more events that made it worth while restoring or keeping a car in tip top condition it may attract more
Members.

pugless
Phase 1 GTI 6 1996-1997
Subaru Impreza GB270 2007-2008
rare spiderman comics
same day international courier
Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 21:27
BrianM

Regular

Post #28
stan_306gti6 wrote:
I think maybe someone should have a rethink on exactly what it is that members would actually like out of a club...

Well, you're the first person that I know of that wished to withdraw from the magazine. That's fair enough if it's not for you, as i mentioned before though, more people will benefit from membership than others and you've made my point exactly true since you didn't wish to receive it. Whereas others do like the mag and retain some form of value from it with their membership.

I must say though...the quality of Torque has improved since i've taken the reigns (if I do say so myself LOL ) but if you've made your decision not to re-new that's cool! Smile

I am not trying to pick an argument or draw comparisons between PSCUK and gti 6 & rallye owners as I am a member of both at the end of the day because they are different places. Nor is the following comment going to be directly aimed at you Stan, but.....the same can be said of gti-6 owners: What exactly do you get for your £10 membership here? But I suppose everyone and their dog wants a lot for very little these days!

'13 208 Gti Bianca White, '99 Bianca 306 Rallye, '92 309 Goodwood GTi 5dr, '92 Miami Blue 309 GTi 3dr.
Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 21:43
BrianM

Regular

Post #29
matt evans wrote:
Brian, i had my renewal notification come with the latest Torque magazine, how do i go about getting the reduced renewal and my free t-shirt?

Sign into https://www.pscuk.net (which is linked to your membership number) and follow the steps from the link below Smile

http://psooc.com/payments.php

'13 208 Gti Bianca White, '99 Bianca 306 Rallye, '92 309 Goodwood GTi 5dr, '92 Miami Blue 309 GTi 3dr.
Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 21:47
blue_haddock

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
BrianM wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:
What exactly do you get for your £10 membership here? But I suppose everyone and their dog wants a lot for very little these days!

well for a start a forum that is not in terminal decline

suck my plums!
Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 21:53
allsmiles

Regular

Post #31
im actually tempted to join up just so i can go pugfest, ive been a member on there a few years back but it was only to do with pugfest, my mate who is a member on there keeps me updated anyway and he says its more of a 206 owners club these days lol!

anyway its about time i joined up on here since your all so nice Thumbs up

205 gti6 now sold up, but gonna stick around and see whats what Smile
Posted 22nd Mar 2012 at 22:22
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #32
BrianM wrote:
What exactly do you get for your £10 membership here?

That's a valid question Brian, and I am glad you asked it. Smile

The 'membership' of this forum can be as little as £5....for this you still get access to all the sections, read and write just the same as you would do if you were a member who paid £10. The only difference is the size of your inbox. If you hardly use your inbox at all, there really isn't a point of paying up £10 instead of £5.

However, why is the cost there at all?

The forum obviously has to be hosted somewhere. Since it's birth in 2002, Ash himself has been financing the site out of his own pocket. As the years went on and the site got bigger and bigger, more time, effort and most importantly server space was needed. This is the part which costs the money.

Naturally Ash wanted to keep this place free of charge to members. However, as costs grew he felt it was fair to ask people for a small donation. Like most voluntary donations go, it wasn't very popular and therefore the membership levels were introduced, just so that the club had some finances to be able to keep running in the long term for the benefit of all.

Like I said yesterday though, it's ONLY a forum. With the PSOOC it is club run with a magazine, events, tours abroad and a forum. And for the time I've been a member it's been a good club. I've tended to only use this forum as it was dedicated to the car that I own rather than a generic Peugeot one, but nevertheless I've thoroughly enjoyed being a member. However, I think the time has come to say the clubs been great, it isn't changing or evolving and seems stuck in the same rut, therefore I'll pass based on those reasons.

As I have said in previous posts, if the club made some changes, evolved perhaps or had some new additions then I would consider renewing the membership. Yes

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 23rd Mar 2012 at 07:32
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #33
hasn't been a PSCUK tour thing for 5 years.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Mar 2012 at 10:19
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #34
welshpug! wrote:
hasn't been a PSCUK tour thing for 5 years.

Has there not? I am sure some of the Kent members did a tour with the PSOOC in early 2009? I may be wrong though. Unsure

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 23rd Mar 2012 at 11:36
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
stan_306gti6 wrote:

As I have said in previous posts, if the club made some changes, evolved perhaps or had some new additions then I would consider renewing the membership. Yes

Stan,

Please feel free to pm with with your thoughts and ideas Smile Since I have been involved I have yet to see any comments or ideas from members on how to improve things. I agree its time for change so lets try and make it happen Smile

On another note the club is still active sorting out events etc. Another euro tour is being discussed behind the scenes for 2013 hopefully? This year there is Kames, Curborough and of course Pugfest. With the members discount on these alone it would cover the membership fee.

Mark

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 23rd Mar 2012 at 18:06
Lecktorious

aka G.

Post #36
marksorrento205 wrote:
Another euro tour is being discussed behind the scenes for 2013 hopefully?

I hope so Thumbs up

'98 Nile Blue 306 GTi 6
Posted 24th Mar 2012 at 22:51

Pages (2): 1 [2]