displaying posts 51 to 53 of 53

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: 306 went bang!
ajmckeane

Regular

Post #51
Yeh cheers for that Ryan. Finally got a friend of a friend of a friend to lend me an engine hoist. So now for that engine........ Smile

China's ALIVE !!!
Posted 7th Mar 2012 at 13:53
docwra

Regular

Post #52
My bottom end went a little whil ago, I got a new one for £80 off a very nice chap on here, got someone else to fit and was happy days. Smile

One thing I would say was that the mechanic who did mine (had worked at Pug garages before, also mechs on a drag race team) had a lot of trouble with certain bits - he couldnt get the engine out through his ramps, had problems refitting the clutch release arm, had to grind the alternator and subframe mounts off .........

Coming from experience of working on RWD cars with the gearbox right behind the engine, and plenty of movement space under the bonnet Im certainly glad I didnt do it myself .......... if youve only got limited spannering experience make sure you arent uin a hurry or anything Wink

Lots of Nissans, two 306 GTI-6's. They are catching up! Big grin
Posted 7th Mar 2012 at 16:15
ajmckeane

Regular

Post #53
No particular hurry, i'm just not sure what else has been damaged in the "eating metal" stage it decided to go through.

China's ALIVE !!!
Posted 7th Mar 2012 at 16:17

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]