displaying posts 1 to 25 of 36

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: my car
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #1
Sorry guys. what was i thinking. seems like now its finally ready it does something like this to wake you up. Been a long journey. had too much on lately i would have rather died for the 306 than live for it.. It seems like today has been epically pivotal. Car has taken god know how many years to build. 2010 was like the nail in the coffin when i got shacked up with some girl id known for years. Finally get the map off rich and fettle some shitty problems with the brakes and idle problems due to 2 vacumb hoses being rather questionable. LOL check this one was off wampy too. He sold this as fuel hose i used it for air. Erm? anyway. Whistle sorry wampy. Your brake hoses are still with the guinnie pigs in the laboratories but if they kill me, may you never grace these parts again.

BOT new sexy as carbon bonnet on after having a different one on thats fixed with pins. Just going for a little test lalalala aghh just put my foot down BANG. shit what a f*cking idiot. ive not scraped a tenner together for a catch and make it work properly as i cut the bonnet release cord Doh.

Never get complacent with cars.

and if your going high boost, building it up is hard work you really need alot of time and money to do this. Your better off getting it all in and absolutely nailing it or not bothering and going low boost. Yes

Anyway found a new bonnet 20 miles away for £50 so im trying to forget about it and get my walllet out again. This better be the last time before i can get in it and go for a proper drive without something not been 100 percent. I went out after fixing the vacumb hose to the brakes which had a hole in it under the braid and the difference was night and day. I knew they were not right after relentless bleeding did f*ck all.

Finally though the power and stopping power come together in one good/bad day. Smile
Posted 24th Feb 2012 at 22:43
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Hold in there bud, it will kick serious ass soon enough!

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 24th Feb 2012 at 22:52
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
eliotrw wrote:
Hold in there bud, it will kick serious ass soon enough!

+2. Big grin

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 25th Feb 2012 at 07:22
playboyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Damnnnnn I wanted some bits off it haha Wink seriously though fair play for hanging in there, seems like an awesome spec pal

306 1.8 xs moonstone blue-SOLD
306 gti6 supercharged china blue-SOLD
406 coupe D9 3.0 V6-SOLD

Posted 25th Feb 2012 at 07:56
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
I want your numberplate

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 11:11
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #6
i finally just been out in this thing. WOW

i dare not go past 5k but its insanely powerful. and insanely loud LOL

It finally idles properly and the brakes are stupidly good now, im so happy at the moment i cannot tell you. Just want to say a massive thankyou to RichW, midlife, ash, phillipm, stan and monty69 for helping out on the car with various bits you have all been amazingly helpful.

The suspension seems pretty good as well i dont know what the problem is with thicker torsion bars (maybe its the shocks i got). Just need to ditch these aweful low profile tyres and get it tracked and aligned. but for now im just going to take a deep breath and carry on making the car mint. Smile

i might even let you all see her soon.
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 15:48
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #7
buzzbrightyear wrote:
I want your numberplate

i do too. i had this lined up it was only £250 but it seems i cant get it anymore Sad doh must change user name again.

seems some twat in a audi has bought it GRRRRRRRRRRR
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 15:51
rikky 🦔

Post #8
whats up with the puglover one Unsure

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 15:53
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #9
rikky wrote:
whats up with the puglover one Unsure

i lost my password when the site changed i thought f*ck it new site new name etc no hardline politics this time either LOL
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 15:55
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
So what do you think about the way the government has handled the later retirement and pension ages, paying more taxes, less wages to work till we die??
Opinions?

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 16:08
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
I think they are a bunch of c*nts Thumbs up
Glad to hear its all coming together and well done for sticking with it. Just remember that you may have a few set backs yet but it will be worth it in the end Smile

Nothing to see here
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 16:17
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #12
buzzbrightyear wrote:
So what do you think about the way the government has handled the later retirement and pension ages, paying more taxes, less wages to work till we die??
Opinions?

simple they are screwing the f*cking life out of us. LOL
no whats going on at the moment in my eyes is a massive consolidation of wealth by the elite and leaving behind a huge power vacumb to ensure absolute chaos in the near future. The austerity that greece is facing at the moment is the tip of the iceberg for europe and all of us.
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 16:20
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #13
adam b wrote:
I think they are a bunch of c*nts Thumbs up
Glad to hear its all coming together and well done for sticking with it. Just remember that you may have a few set backs yet but it will be worth it in the end Smile

i bloody hope so mate. Thumbs up
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 16:24
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
yeah we all have setbacks in our missions for the perfect car, we put so much into it, when it goes wrong it hurts.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 27th Feb 2012 at 16:33
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
T400 PUG wrote:
buzzbrightyear wrote:
I want your numberplate

i do too. i had this lined up it was only £250 but it seems i cant get it anymore Sad doh must change user name again.

Oh so you didnt buy it then ? i was looking to have it about 6-8 months back and when it went off sale i was p*ssed off then i saw your user name and thought you'd bought it

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 28th Feb 2012 at 18:17
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #16
simonjames wrote:
T400 PUG wrote:
buzzbrightyear wrote:
I want your numberplate

Oh so you didnt buy it then ? i was looking to have it about 6-8 months back and when it went off sale i was p*ssed off then i saw your user name and thought you'd bought it

gutted, i just couldnt justify it ever. would have been pretty smart tho. i guess ill have to find the man with the audi. Erm? why lord why Cry

slumps off with tail between legs back into the land of the puglover. Sad

STAANNN Blush
Posted 28th Feb 2012 at 21:42
greenbelt

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
buzzbrightyear wrote:
yeah we all have setbacks in our missions for the perfect car, we put so much into it, when it goes wrong it hurts.

+1

Yep, Damn right it hurts! Headgasket failure, Melted pistons and rings, Full engine rebuild with shiny shinies, Spun Big End Bearing... Shall I carry on?

The point is that even though you have setbacks, when the car is running and you can drive it... Superman

The setbacks don't matter!

Keep the faith puglover Thumbs up

Standard Black 6
Black HBSC6 Smoke
Posted 28th Feb 2012 at 22:19
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
+2 keep the faith.
greenbelt wrote:
buzzbrightyear wrote:

+1

Yep, Damn right it hurts! Headgasket failure, Melted pistons and rings, Full engine rebuild with shiny shinies, Spun Big End Bearing... Shall I carry on?

The point is that even though you have setbacks, when the car is running and you can drive it... Superman

The setbacks don't matter!

Keep the faith puglover Thumbs up

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 04:51
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #19
So glad this is running well and your happy with it. Thumbs up

For those of you that don't know, Jon bought my high boost engine, and thats what he is currently running. It was always a good reliable motor for me mate. Big grin

Here is a video of my beast at Pugfest when it was fitted with that engine Jon: Clicky

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 07:22
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
Fook me thats quick stan

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 13:40
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #21
swiftyboi006 wrote:
Fook me thats quick stan

It certainly is no slouch...LOL

It was running 380bhp in that vid, now on a dfferent engine and supercharger setup running 454bhp. Smile

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 14:05
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
stan_306gti6 wrote:
swiftyboi006 wrote:
Fook me thats quick stan

It certainly is no slouch...LOL

It was running 380bhp in that vid, now on a dfferent engine and supercharger setup running 454bhp. Smile

NIIIIIIICE!!! Would be cool to have a ghost of a standard 6 running along side (like a video game) so you can see the difference in speed.
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 14:43
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #23
its certainly a pocket rocket. Been out again today. handling wise i think ive stumbled upon something quite special. I was wondering what it would be like and ive not done any real testing but the car seems to be very responsive to the steering wheel and changes stance quickly and smoothly. I like this as ive had setups that arnt working and its like driving a boat around. Might still grip but its the feel i like and im not worried at the moment i think its going to be good. I think having the front slightly lower than the back is also having a part to play in it feeling like this.

been looking for my camera but cant find it, ill get some pics up soon.

Just one question for you guys.

I cant help but feel like im in the dark with regards to the supercharger fluid. If there was a problem i would be none the wiser and could end in failure. Was thinking if i put a pressure sender in the return pipe about half way up would it give a reading that would allow me to monitor it better?

i think im going to go all out as well and route the fuel lines inside the car.

Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 16:42
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
I,m glad it's not just me who's paranoid about the traction fluid lol LOL , I have a sender in my traction fluid line that tells me the temperature of the fluid, It's not supposed to go over 80 degrees Celsius I think, you can see the temperature of the fluid rising when in standing traffic but does not go over 80 Smile not really necessary I suppose but gives me peace of mind, the other thing I do (paranoid mode) after a run is to feel the charger oil cooler, it should feel "warm" unlike the intercooler which should feel cool obviously, do I have Ocd? Dunno

Team Supercharged Gti-6 Ninja
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 18:55
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
That sounds quite sensible to me Dave, could save the charger should a problem arise

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 20:48

Pages (2): [1] 2