displaying posts 26 to 36 of 36

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: my car
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
I'm also paranoid about that, it would be nice to know the level without having to remove the lid, it's just in my head that if it starts leaking I wouldn't know any better.
Im not sure if a pressure gauge would work, I don't think it's under any pressure although I may be wrong.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 21:10
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
I thought the charger setups were very reliable? Why would the traction oil become an issue?

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 21:16
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Glad you got her running right now John Smile

These cars can be testing at times, put patience normally pays off Wink

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 22:07
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #29
m306 wrote:
I thought the charger setups were very reliable? Why would the traction oil become an issue?

it shouldnt be an issue if done correctly. I just get paranoid about long term use causing a problem. I find myself looking in my rear view mirror alot to check there is nothing spilling out onto the road behind me. LOL

One of my mates bought a legnum from somewhere 20 miles away. Paid 3k for it drove it home and by the time he got it home it has lost all its oil and spun a big end bearing. Shock

he didnt follow my golden rule though and thats dont buy a car from bradford or birmingham. Yes or a legnum for that matter. The auto Gearbox takes about 20 litres of oil Crazy
Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 12:27
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #30
davedgti6 wrote:
I,m glad it's not just me who's paranoid about the traction fluid lol LOL , I have a sender in my traction fluid line that tells me the temperature of the fluid, It's not supposed to go over 80 degrees Celsius I think, you can see the temperature of the fluid rising when in standing traffic but does not go over 80 Smile not really necessary I suppose but gives me peace of mind, the other thing I do (paranoid mode) after a run is to feel the charger oil cooler, it should feel "warm" unlike the intercooler which should feel cool obviously, do I have Ocd? Dunno

yeah that would help i suppose. i like to know things are ticking over nicely when driving.
Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 12:28
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
m306 wrote:

It's not it's just a paranoid thought.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 12:30
rikky 🦔

Post #32
what does the fluid container look like as standard?

surely best thing is to put a level sensor in it, or pressure, and/or convert it to a clear container Unsure

to be reallly OCD you would use a mechanical gauge to prevent failure of an electronic one [combined with odds of the traction fluid running out at the same time as the electronic gauge failing, this is likely to happen shortly before dinosaurs come back]

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 12:39
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #33
rikky wrote:
what does the fluid container look like as standard?

surely best thing is to put a level sensor in it, or pressure, and/or convert it to a clear container Unsure

to be reallly OCD you would use a mechanical gauge to prevent failure of an electronic one [combined with odds of the traction fluid running out at the same time as the electronic gauge failing, this is likely to happen shortly before dinosaurs come back]

its all black and swapping it would be not a good idea really. I want to put a pressure sender in there but not sure if there would be enough pressure for it to be monitored. temp sensor might do the trick.
Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 16:22
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #34
Jon,

A temp sensor would be the best idea mate...

Reason being, is that you would see what temp it normally sits at, and then if there was a leak then the remaining fluid would have to work harder and therefore get hotter. So you would know if there was a leak due to the sudden increase in temp. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 16:30
T400 PUG Banned!

Post #35
where would be the best place for the sender you think? Dunno just after charger?

its gonna be like a proper space craft soon. LOL
Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 16:50
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
buzzbrightyear wrote:
m306 wrote:

It's not it's just a paranoid thought.

I think I'll be the same when I get mine done in a few months, with the money spent on these things I guess paranoia is normal

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 21:29

Pages (2): 1 [2]