displaying posts 26 to 29 of 29

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Solid beam mounts or OEM??
dan86

Senior User

Post #26
I replaced mine with oem mounts and the difference was astounding! The car seems quieter and more insulated from the road noise and the handling is fantastic. When driven hard the passive rear steer really helps with turn in. I also feel that having a certain amount of lateral movement in the rear suspension alows for more predictable grip when cornering on rough surfaces. This is how I like my Gti6 set up for the rough winding roads here in devon.

Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 20:15
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
tommy_306 wrote:
Cheers. I'll have a look on their website and see what I can find. Big grin
pm miles, thats where I got my 1st set. The ones in my shed that I took off are pug1off ones that are identical to baker (miles) ones.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 07:57
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #28
Passive rear steer I cannot stand. It literally takes you for a ride. I prefer my setup to be more predictable at every corner, but then we are all different. Smile

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 19:57
x69 rgg

Senior User

Post #29
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Passive rear steer I cannot stand. It literally takes you for a ride. I prefer my setup to be more predictable at every corner, but then we are all different. Smile

totally agree. my rear beam bushes are shot to hell in my golf and if you take a corner too quick the rear starts to step out. right arse in a fwd turbo diesel to correct! go solid mate. they are a little crashy making a clicking sound over uneven b-roads but for pure corner confidence you wont look back. I cant tell you how much of an improvement over O/E they are but its the 2nd most planted rear ive ever owned and the 1st was a clio v6 so that should tell you something. pm miles on here. he should be able to sort you out Thumbs up

"I need to 're-mortgage' my six"

Posted 29th Jan 2012 at 00:00

Pages (2): 1 [2]