displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Oil Pressure Sender - Ohm Range Help
Disco_Stu

Regular

Post #1
Hi,
I am trying to fit an aftermarket oil pressure gauge to my gti-6 and I am trying to use the original sender unit.
Does anyone know what the ohm range is for the original sender?
This ohm range might be stamped on the side of it – if you happen to have one laid around.

(I don’t really want to re strip down the engine to fit the one that came with the kit)

Peugeot 306 Gti-6 Track car (soon to be supercharged)
Project page
Blog
Posted 15th Nov 2011 at 19:53
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
bloody aftermarket senders with their 1/8 NPT threads eh, you can get at the senders easily enough, just whip the inlet off if you have the later engine mounting bracket with the PAS at the top.

on the S16 non aircon bracket there's plenty of space.

from memory its M167x1.5, so you can use one of these adapters - http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/Thread_Adapters_1|8%22_Nptf_Female_ADAPT3

seen them on ebay for less.

all I can find on the intermotor site is an incorrect listing for an M10 sender, which is what the 1.9 alloy block engines used, an operating range of 0-8 bar but no resistance values.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th Nov 2011 at 20:23
Disco_Stu

Regular

Post #3
Thanks for the feedback, I bought one of these adaptors (off eBay) and fitted it this weekend.
Now I just need to get the engine started - I am going to start another thread to see how to sort that one out Sad

Peugeot 306 Gti-6 Track car (soon to be supercharged)
Project page
Blog
Posted 20th Nov 2011 at 17:17