Post #51
Don't ban him, I want my rear bumper

Red Rallye - Rolling "restoration"

Wishbone Polybushes available
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 18:37
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
The blokes a f**king idiot. He is always late to post stuff (if he does at all!), its never as described and then just ignores you when you want to get your stuff or get your money back!
He's been banned from selling on OC because of this. Maybe if hes banned from here he might sort his s**t out.
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 18:40
gman

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
I know admin often have enough s**t to deal with, but given that this is now a pay site, something really needs to be done with poor 'professional' traders on here.

Part of the reason of becoming a pay site was to rid of us trolls, but surely our membership fee should also cover dealing with certain traders who appear to consistently let forum members down.

1992 Onyx Black 205 GTI-6
2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
2005 Clio 182 Trophy (sold)
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 18:54
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #54
gman wrote:
I know admin often have enough s**t to deal with, but given that this is now a pay site, something really needs to be done with poor 'professional' traders on here.

Part of the reason of becoming a pay site was to rid of us trolls, but surely our membership fee should also cover dealing with certain traders who appear to consistently let forum members down.

Did someone mention Admin...?

Whilst we would like to see the forum have continued success and have no trading issues, it is made clear in the 'for sale thread rules', please note:

3.) Neither The 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club or the Moderators take any responsibility for any transactions that are initiated here. You are using this Forum entirely at your own risk.

Yes, we can ban repeat offenders of course, but at the same time I would like to give 'crspares' a fair hearing and hear his version of events and any explanations he may have before taking action. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 19:01
mellowr1

Senior User

Post #55
UR VERY DIPLOMATIC STANLEY :-)
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 19:04
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #56
mellowr1 wrote:
UR VERY DIPLOMATIC STANLEY :-)

That's because it's part of being a member of the Admin Team to try and sort issues out fairly and at the same time ensuring continued success of the forum. As I've been part of this community for a long time now, being able to help in it's ongoing success was one of the reasons I decided to take an Admin position. Thumbs up

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 19:08
martinh

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
I had a nightmare with him not so long ago with an engine, rear beam and some sideskirts. The parts never appeared and after a load of excuses I did get my money back.

Had an engine off him in the past and although it took an eternity to arrive it was a well described and good condition lump.

I guess the prices he knocks stuff out at there is bound to be an issue somewhere along the line as he does do very cheap parts!
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 19:23
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
I wouldn't jump on the admin should stop rogue traders band wagon, as other forums have simply banned parts sales altogether.

That's what i would do if someone kept moaning to me about it - use your common sense and buy from a reputable source Big grin

Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 19:38
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Just like cupra net they have no for sale section very frustrating

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 20:08
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
Regardless of the fact that the admin dont have anything to do with transactions, you still have the power to deal with these people. Ok we all know the guy is a complete twat but newbies might not! So why let them get stung when you can do something about it? Ok you might not have any responsibility when it comes to transactions but seeing as we pay to use this site, you do have a responsibility to listen to your members.
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 20:15
bayley

Junior User

Post #61
I ordered an exhaust on a Tuesday and explained that I had a 300 mile trip to do the following Tuesday and didn't have a back box so I ordered it on the understanding that it would arrive with me on the Thursday. It didn't turn up until the following Thursday, one week late, which was a pain in the arse as I had to borrow my wife's motor which was a headache.
My emails and PMs were not answered.
When the exhaust arrived it was as described and was a good price
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 20:22
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Yes, we can ban repeat offenders of course, but at the same time I would like to give 'crspares' a fair hearing and hear his version of events and any explanations he may have before taking action. Yes

So if he doesn't come along to defend himself, you'll do nothing? He could just continue to go on ripping people off and completely avoid discussing it, and nothing would be done about it? Problems with this chap crop up often, with numerous members. More than that is the disproportionate number of people who have had issues, compared to those who haven't.

Without naming names there have been other members about whom trade complaint threads have been started, but in their case most of the replies have been in defence of said member, suggesting it is an isolated incident. With crspares, lots of threads are made and lots of people join in with their own complaints. Stop sitting on the neutral fence and do something about it!

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 20:22
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
I profited from my dealings with him so Thumbs up

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 20:48
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #64
24seven wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:

So if he doesn't come along to defend himself, you'll do nothing? He could just continue to go on ripping people off and completely avoid discussing it, and nothing would be done about it? Problems with this chap crop up often, with numerous members. More than that is the disproportionate number of people who have had issues, compared to those who haven't.

Without naming names there have been other members about whom trade complaint threads have been started, but in their case most of the replies have been in defence of said member, suggesting it is an isolated incident. With crspares, lots of threads are made and lots of people join in with their own complaints. Stop sitting on the neutral fence and do something about it!

Ok...

Just to clarify a few things before you continue on your high horse.

You're right, a large number of people seem to have had issues with this guy. Yes
However, I personally haven't received ONE PM complaining and wanting me to look into the issue. I've had PM's regarding other members and those have been dealt with, but absolutely none regarding this member.

What do you want me to do if nobody has personally complained? Dunno

It's a bit like if I drove down your street and threw a brick through your window...you might complain to all the neighbours and all of you together might have a problem with me and constantly moan about it between yourselves. But unless you report it to a member of the authorities, nothing is going to get done about it is it?

So can we have less of the "jumping on the bandwagon" and more fact finding please. Smile

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 21:06
playboyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
stan_306gti6 wrote:
24seven wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:

Ok...

You're right, a large number of people seem to have had issues with this guy. Yes
However, I personally haven't received ONE PM complaining and wanting me to look into the issue. I've had PM's regarding other members and those have been dealt with, but absolutely none regarding this member.

It's a bit like if I drove down your street and threw a brick through your window...you might complain to all the neighbours and all of you together might have a problem with me and constantly moan about it between yourselves. But unless you report it to a member of the authorities, nothing is going to get done about it is it?

So can we have less of the "jumping on the bandwagon" and more fact finding please. Smile

Are you going to throw a brick through his window? Shame on you

306 1.8 xs moonstone blue-SOLD
306 gti6 supercharged china blue-SOLD
406 coupe D9 3.0 V6-SOLD

Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 21:25
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
I wonder how many PM's Stan will get from people saying "Was it you that threw the brick through my window!" Whistle

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 21:32
teej

Cheeky Chav!

Post #67
I bought from him. It was what he said it was, it arrived when he said it would and in the condition expected, he replied promptly to PMs.

There's a facility for trader feedback on some other sites - worth investigating for here? That way potential buyers could pick and choose based on past rep. Although to be honest you could just read a few threads and rule out buying from half of the monkeys on here these days. LOL

"Talking about badgers is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" Steve McBadger

Transversa aurigatio transcurro arvae.
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 21:37
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #68
Agreed. The first thing I do when buying is look at how the long the person has been a member and have a browse at the threads they have posted. If they come across as someone who's let others down you can make a decision.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 21:42
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #69
    dangti6 wrote:
    Agreed. The first thing I do when buying is look at how the long the person has been a member and have a browse at the threads they have posted. If they come across as someone who's let others down you can make a decision.

A common sense approach, I like it. Smile

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 21:43
    beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
    Same here, one wiff n I go elsewhere on all forums, need reliability.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
    Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 21:50
    thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
    Indeed one whiff of s**t buyer and I can't be arsed.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 21:56
    jammapic

Senior User

Post #72
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

You have PM.

HDI Engine Tuning / Remapping Services - https://www.facebook.com/dervtech

306 GTi-6 Track Car - 200+ hp all N/A!
    306 DTurbo Track beasty - 209.9hp - RIP
    Posted 16th Jun 2013 at 12:26
    playboyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
    jammapic wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

You have PM.

Well played sir

306 1.8 xs moonstone blue-SOLD
    306 gti6 supercharged china blue-SOLD
    406 coupe D9 3.0 V6-SOLD

Posted 16th Jun 2013 at 12:30
    24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    24seven wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

Ok...

How can I be sat on a high horse and on the bandwagon at the same time? LOL The fact that no-one has PM'd you directly about this chap surprises me a lot and yes if I'm honest I was going on the assumption that the admin team (which doesn't just consist of yourself) had been directly notified of problems with this member. If you've not heard anything, fair enough. If none of the admins have heard anything, fair enough. Though I still think that with all the public threads complaining about him a direct PM shouldn't be necessary before action is taken, this forum needs to either completely ban all trading or make some sort of effort to protect its honest members from bad traders.

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
    Posted 17th Jun 2013 at 13:20
    jammapic

Senior User

Post #75
    24seven wrote:
    Though I still think that with all the public threads complaining about him a direct PM shouldn't be necessary before action is taken, this forum needs to either completely ban all trading or make some sort of effort to protect its honest members from bad traders.

Touché

HDI Engine Tuning / Remapping Services - https://www.facebook.com/dervtech

306 GTi-6 Track Car - 200+ hp all N/A!
    306 DTurbo Track beasty - 209.9hp - RIP
    Posted 16th Jun 2013 at 14:28

Pages (4): first .. 2 [3] 4