displaying posts 1 to 25 of 29

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: nobody wants it
cappy01

Regular

Post #1
my rallye is on ebay at £1000 and yet theres no bids. its the cheapest rallye ive seen apart from a tapper at £800
i cant drop the price anymore its already too cheapSad
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 19:20
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I thought this thread was going to be about chlamydia but no, just another slightly weird post in the General section.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 19:22
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
give it time, only been on a day hasn't it? LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 19:24
cappy01

Regular

Post #4
welshpug! wrote:

yeah but its the 2nd time its been on, just really need rid of it
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 19:52
cappy01

Regular

Post #5
welshpug! wrote:

yeah but its the 2nd time its been on, just really need rid of it
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I got a lot of shit in my house I want to get rid of, doesn't mean anyone wants it Wink

720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
You've got shit in your house Owain? I suggest you get a plumber in to help stem the problem...

Deepak Gohil

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 19:54
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
A doctor more like.

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 19:55
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Same here Cappy, my 306 has been on ebay once and didn't hit a sensible price......

It's a FANTASTIC car, not a shitbox and the price i'm asking for it is just an absolute steal for how much of a brilliant car it is! People go out and spend £800 on something that 2 months down the line is good for scrap, this is a shade over that and it's an ideal buy!

Just nowhere near as many people buying things nowadays.....

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 19:56
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Sorry about the thread drift Phil,

On a serioius note, these cars just aren't worth much anymore. We live in a society that is a lot poorer and more environmentally concerned, making a GTi or Rallye almost redundant. As a consequence the market for these cars has become even more niche, I believe you really have to live for the 306 to own one now.

Good luck though mate, I hope it sells at the right price.

Deepak Gohil

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:01
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
It's a bit of a weird time at the moment, but I don't think it's that people are poorer - they're just more aware that they could lose their job or savings at any time. People have money, but are spending it more wisely. People want more than 25mpg out of a car when fuel costs £1.30 a litre.

I drive a 58-plate Astra diesel for work, I can get it up to 50mpg without really trying yet it still has 230lb of torque. The car's worth maybe £5k nowadays, and hasn't even needed a timing belt yet. I just spec'd up the equivalent brand new car on Vauxhall's site - the new one has 260lb or torque, still does over 50mpg and I could have it for £426 a month with a two grand deposit.

That's nothing in the grand scheme of things. Mate of mine owns a '6 and the starter's gone and stripped the teeth from the flywheel. £250 for flywheel + £100 for starter + might as well do the clutch, and you're looking at spending £700 on a car that's barely worth that. Weigh that up against buying a brand new car with a 100,000 mile warranty, cruise control, more torque, more comfort and it's just a complete no-brainer.

No-one wants old shit cars any more because finance is so easy to get, therefore they are worthless.

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:18
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
I think Owain's assessment is more accurate. Kinda summed up what I meant by "poorer"...

Deepak Gohil

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:20
techdw

Senior User

Post #13
Owain has it spot on. Nice astra you have mate, and the gti6 as well!!
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:22
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
techdw wrote:
Nice astra you have mate, and the gti6 as well!!

Finally gave it a clean this week, turned out it was black under all that shit. Who knew?! Dunno

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:25
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #15
ashtray? Meh

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:28
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
Shit on your car too Owain??? What's going on?

Deepak Gohil

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:30
judge dead

Regular

Post #17
well i always thought of a new car ive already lost nearly a new cars worth of money in 8 months with 2 cars lol i find old cars fun always fixing bits wheres the fun in having something perfect that you dont really own Smile if i had a grand id buy ure rallye as i was kinda wanting one but i has no money Sad
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:33
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
720puggti wrote:
Shit on your car too Owain??? What's going on?

It started as just the house, but now my entire property looks like the aftermath of a King Kong scat party.

Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 20:44
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
Nobody wants my car either.... who would buy a 4.4l V8 with petrol prices soaring and winter approaching? Hmm
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 22:18
lewisdmz

Senior User

Post #20
owain wrote:
It's a bit of a weird time at the moment, but I don't think it's that people are poorer - they're just more aware that they could lose their job or savings at any time. People have money, but are spending it more wisely. People want more than 25mpg out of a car when fuel costs £1.30 a litre.

I drive a 58-plate Astra diesel for work, I can get it up to 50mpg without really trying yet it still has 230lb of torque. The car's worth maybe £5k nowadays, and hasn't even needed a timing belt yet. I just spec'd up the equivalent brand new car on Vauxhall's site - the new one has 260lb or torque, still does over 50mpg and I could have it for £426 a month with a two grand deposit.

That's nothing in the grand scheme of things. Mate of mine owns a '6 and the starter's gone and stripped the teeth from the flywheel. £250 for flywheel + £100 for starter + might as well do the clutch, and you're looking at spending £700 on a car that's barely worth that. Weigh that up against buying a brand new car with a 100,000 mile warranty, cruise control, more torque, more comfort and it's just a complete no-brainer.

No-one wants old shit cars any more because finance is so easy to get, therefore they are worthless.

Surely overall you are p*ssing more money away though when you take into account depreciation and interest and all that crap. My brother bought a 10 plate Clio GT (128bhp pansy boy model) and from looking on pistonheads he's lost about 6k on it already.
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 22:32
Demograffix.com

Regular

Post #21
try autotrader £25 they put in the mag, online and on mobile app It should go

stevenage black gti 6, 198bhp
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 22:36
notoriouslor

Regular

Post #22
owain wrote:
because finance is so easy to get.

Dunno what planet your on but finance is harder than ever to get, I had some problems with my mortgage a number of years ago after my father died, don't really want to get into a disscussion about it but the debt is now paid and has been for ages but i couldn't get finance if I tried, hence the reason I'm driving a 306
Posted 13th Oct 2011 at 22:46
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
lewisdmz wrote:
Surely overall you are p*ssing more money away though when you take into account depreciation and interest and all that crap. My brother bought a 10 plate Clio GT (128bhp pansy boy model) and from looking on pistonheads he's lost about 6k on it already.

Oh yes, you still lose money and don't get me wrong - I have never, and would never, buy a new car. But if you had the option of owning a brand new car for two years, never having to worry about servicing, MOTs or repairs but losing a known £6k in depreciation against owning an old shit car and having to constantly sit by the side of the road for the AA guessing how much the repair would cost then spending thousands on it anyway, the former doesn't look so bad. You could also buy a car a couple of years old and pay half that.

Demograffix.com wrote:
try autotrader £25 they put in the mag, online and on mobile app It should go

'Fraid not. I used Autotrader once and got literally no interest apart from loads of scammers trying to con me out of it. Reported them all to AT, they didn't care but just said "yeah, that happens". Pistonheads is far better.

notoriouslor wrote:
don't really want to get into a disscussion about it but the debt is now paid and has been for ages but i couldn't get finance if I tried, hence the reason I'm driving a 306

I never said "everyone has a perfect credit history and can get infinite finance", I said it's easier than ever to get - which it is. None of this is my opinion - just go out and see what cars go past on a busy road in a minute, I bet the number with old-style plates could be counted on one hand. I remember even when I was young, the stereotypical "dad with an old banger" - the Skoda or Lada that backfired and smoked as he dropped the kids off at school. You would never see that any more, even in the poorest parts of the country.

We're a country that's coming out of (or still in if you ask some people) a recession, and look at us. Everyone running out and buying the latest iPhone, new cars everywhere, Playstations, massive TVs, even our 15-year-old Peugeots are being detailed and supercharged. Yes the country's had better times, but even at the deepest darkest point of the recent recession this country had more money and privilege than 90% of the other countries in Europe, and is probably in the top 5% of privileged countries in the world.

Go to countries like Greece and Spain, and you'll see what a "real" recession and credit crunch looks like, and what it's like when people really do not have money. Half-built houses everywhere, everyone drives around in shitty old Renault 5s with every panel a different colour. Spare land and buildings everywhere, because nothing's worth anything.

That's enough of a rant for this early in the morning, but it p*sses me off when people don't appreciate quite how much we have in this country and think it's their given right to own a massive house and brand new car.

Posted 14th Oct 2011 at 08:08
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
a black 1 sold by me start of the week on ebay for £870 in all honesty that is all they are worth these days as above everyone is looking more to save a few quid so when you can buy a fiesta diesel for £1500-2000 which will give you 55+ mpg and £30 a year tax the gti6/rallye needs reflect that in the price to compete, having said that if you can have a 2nd car its great cheap motoring Smile i have the 206 van for work getting 55+ mpg then i have the rallye for play, that is the only way i can afford to have a rallye tbh i wouldnt be able to afford to run it day to day

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 14th Oct 2011 at 09:06
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
owain wrote:
Half-built houses everywhere, everyone drives around in shitty old Renault 5s with every panel a different colour. Spare land and buildings everywhere, because nothing's worth anything.

LOL sounds like France that!

Although some nations are a lot less materialistic than us and cars are seen simply as a form of transport.

340 horses
Posted 14th Oct 2011 at 09:08

Pages (2): [1] 2