displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Drivers side electric window switch not working
khj100

Senior User

Post #1
Hi all,

This is a weird one for anyone who's closely examined the interior wiring loom... I should start by saying I almost caused this as I hacked the loom back. However, I thought i was being careful and avoiding anything related to services i need to keep. Clearly not....

In short, I cannot operate either electric window from the drivers side switch. Passenger side switch still works fine for the pax window.

Weird thing is, using the wiring diag below (switch is 132 on the right hand panel, ignore the red arrows on the left hand panel, i stole the diagram from elsewhere), I have checked all connections and the seem correct.

I have:
- continuity between the 1B and 2B and the motor,
- continuity between 1A and ground (which doesn't seem to break down under load)
- continuity between 3B and 4A and the respective connections on the passenger side.
- and finally, I have 12V at pin 3A with the ignition on and relay in place.

As I say, the passenger side works fine, but looking at the diagram it needs the drivers side switch connected to work (which I have confirmed by trying).

Finally, I've tried swapping the whole switch assembly with the one from my 6 (known working) and vice versa which has confirmed the switch isn't broken.

I'm undoubtedly missing something obvious, so feel free to mock me along with your advice...

Trackday, trackday, trackday Hyper
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 12:35
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #2
I know this is probably the first thing u checked kev, but i'll mention it anyway.... is the earth good??
*Edit* i see now i've read the first post properly u have....Roll eyes

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 9th Oct 2011 at 16:36
Delorean88

Post #3
Did you end up fixing this? Mine is doing the same

Dd
Posted 16th Sep 2020 at 09:56
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #4
I've Dropped Kev. A message for you hopefully he'll be able to pop along and let you know what his outcome was Wink

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 16th Sep 2020 at 10:51
khj100

Senior User

Post #5
Oh my, holy thread revival Batman!

Cheers for the text Dave.

I have to admit that 9 years on, I don't even remember which car this was on, let alone what the resolution was. That said, I'd remember if it had been anything particularly "interesting" so I think I can say it was something pretty silly - I'd chopped a wire in the door loom that I should've kept.

If your problem has happened "out the glue" then I'd suggest you pull back the rubber shroud and check all the wires for any breaks...

Really sorry I couldn't be more help

(I will also have a look back through old text messages etc and see if I told anyone about it at the time...!)

Trackday, trackday, trackday Hyper
Posted 16th Sep 2020 at 11:03
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #6
:thumbs-up Legend

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 16th Sep 2020 at 14:44