displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: head rebuilding
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
i no its the wrong section but i can't post in the correct section till next weekThumbs down basically i am rebuilding my engine out of the six. at first i was only going to change the stem seals because i got a bit of a puff when i booted it......but on closer inspection i notice the gasket was on its way out waterjacket hole section begining to split. so decided to sort that out.....but normally with these engines the bottom end goes after you do the head LOL so took that apart as well. oddly one of the bottom end bearings had wear on the outer edge????? causes no idea im not great with engines. but basically i now want to put the inlet cam from my piper 270 cams in for the mean time till i gather funds to do other things with the car. dont want to pop both cams in at once because will need remap etc and can afford it at the mo. thing is ive been told i'll need a repair gasket because the head is going to have a light skim..........and this is where i getUnsure Unsure Unsure CONFUSED anybody like to shed some light on the topic. Unfortunalty i can't search for my answer Sad

hovis

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 5th Sep 2011 at 21:39
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I'd have thought a normal (maybe slightly thicker) MLS gasket would be fine if it's being skimmed?

What do I know though? Laugh

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 5th Sep 2011 at 21:42
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
thats what the repair gasket is, peugeot do sell them, they're +0.2mm, it's listed for the J4R engine on servicebox for the 306/406 etc (its listed for the RS engine on service.citroen for the ZX)

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Sep 2011 at 22:22
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
do you reckon smug performance would of pocketed the piston on my rallye??

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 5th Sep 2011 at 22:29