displaying posts 26 to 33 of 33

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Another Budget Track Car
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #26
You don't need high temp paint for engines. Hammerite smooth works perfectly well and won't peel off as long as it's painted onto a thoutroughly degreased surface. On ally it will need a coat of etch-primer first though.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 26th Jul 2011 at 20:36
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #27
Will be getting some hammerite now. but dont think they do bright green Sad thanks for the tip though daveyboy.

af1-gti im new to welding so doubt you would really want me help hehe, im going to be needing a lot of practice before im even remotely good at it.

What seats and mounts do you have?

Been removing some wiring. Door looms and all the internal wiring for central locking, remote locking and alarm etc gone

Car is starting too look a bit bare now

Am thinking of cutting these plugs and wiring out but really worried that i will be missing some lights

They were what the looms i have taken out were plugged into anyone know if i can cut these out?

Also heres a pic to show how good the OMP mounts are Sad
Posted 28th Jul 2011 at 02:06
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #28
take my advice and just tuck any dash wiring..
i tired cutting (after sucessfully cutting all other loom) and ended up funking things up BIG TIME.. I ended up having to buy a replacement loom from a 13fusebox car (which works thank god)

my seats are just cheapo makro jobbies i had an omp seat mount b ut it put the seat too close to the drivers door (really off set)

Rich E wrote:

With the 306 Rallye the goal wasn't to make a purer or more focussed car. It was to make a cheaper car, and then cynically use Peugeot's motorsport heritage to make it appeal to enthusiasts.
Posted 28th Jul 2011 at 18:42
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #29
When I cut my loom I started on the plug end to be removed, i.e. the clock and followed each of the wires back to the end and cut them off. some wires even traced back to the module thats something to do with imobilizer. I was a bit worried too but it runs fine, hope yours turns out ok too.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 28th Jul 2011 at 19:02
mattyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Wow Fozzy this is really coming along. I personally would go with the straight though talpipe and the little tooter, reminds me of the pug sport one on the 106 Gti's. Bet it pops and bangs well too.

Cant wait to see this motor out on track.

Previous china gti6 and Rallye owner.

Now a proud Astor Gti 6 owner.

Missing he BMW already...
Posted 28th Jul 2011 at 20:35
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #31
Yeah think im going to have to work out the wires your way mark, slow process but will at least know what im cutting.

Alright matt. Yeah am going for that exhaust. I cant wait to get it out on the track and hear it under full throttle Smile It has to outdo your rallye just so my other half likes my car more hehe
Posted 30th Jul 2011 at 02:44
mattyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
i am sure your misses will love it.

I have to admit i am tempted to loose the centre silencer on the wallye. Its a bit too quiet for my likeing. Need to hear your little exhaust and it may make me get the centre box out totally!

Previous china gti6 and Rallye owner.

Now a proud Astor Gti 6 owner.

Missing he BMW already...
Posted 30th Jul 2011 at 03:36
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #33
It will sound better, but can you put up with a noisy exhaust all the time? What have you got on at the moment?
Posted 30th Jul 2011 at 03:43

Pages (2): 1 [2]