displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: P bush replacement
:: blade ::

Senior User

Post #1
Hi all, both ball joints and p bushes have gone on my pug, only 6months old or so, so abit miffed but thought i would just reaplace the balljoint and p bushes instead of replaceing the whole wishbone, what i need to know is, how easy is it to replace the p bush?? Ive done a search but couldnt find anything

Cheers Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
161.8BHP (Getting Better!!!!)
Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 18:17
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
What did you search for? Soup recipes or something?

There are several useful threads and an FAQ, all locatable with the search function.

P bush replacement FAQ

They are probably wearing out because you've lowered the car so much. Fitting new P bushes at an angle so they sit flat when the car's on the ground will help the wear rate.

The ball joints are very easy with the wishbone off, but if you have cheap wishbones you may find you need to drill rivets out.

Remember you get what you pay for with suspension components though. Put cheap stuff on and you'll be back under the car sooner than you want to be.

You may want to check your droplinks while you're in the area as they wear quickly on lowered cars too.

Rich
Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 18:33

Senior User

Post #3
Cheers mate, checked the droplinks and there still stiff, is there any difference between the metal or plastic droplinks?? Ive got the plastic ones at the mo,

Cheers

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 18:59
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #4
I found plastic ones snap easier, might be my driving style tho, I managed to kill one link in less than a 24hours! Apparanty the metal ones can bend but i've tried and tried and they're still fine. DONT use 1 plastic and 1 metal, it upsets the handling.

Also dont buy cheapy bushes cos u'll be doing them in 6 months time too. Go for some OE ones like firstline or Quintin Hazel. cheapish and they last longer.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 20:10

Senior User

Post #5
Ok cheers Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 20:23