displaying posts 1 to 13 of 13

Author Subject: Roll cage
knoxie

Regular

Post #1
Im new to cages, basically there is one for sale in the parts section, think the seller is 'tom200' I believe this is a 4 point? (just the back of the car)

Is this a show cage as I can't find one anywhere on the net?

Cheers

ex S16 (K.I.A Sad )
GTI 6 Big grin
TEAM more scratches than an emo kid
TEAM BLACK
but wishing it was bianca white Sad
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 03:50
rikky 🦔

Post #2
it's hardly a full cage, it's only the B hoop and the rear legs, you'd want side bars and some front A to B pillar roof support atleast aswell i'd have thought

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 03:53
knoxie

Regular

Post #3
I know it's not a full cage, just wondering if it's not a show cage will it make alot of difference?

ex S16 (K.I.A Sad )
GTI 6 Big grin
TEAM BLACK
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 03:59
rikky 🦔

Post #4
if you roll your car on a track with it, the front end of your car is still going to fold in onto your skull, so that's the sort of difference it'll make (if you're unlucky)

if you have it in the car and get in a crash on the road, you'll be lucky not to fracture your skull banging your head on it! Laugh but this goes for any cage in a car. if it's a chrome lightweight show cage, it'll probably just disintegrate in a crash, at which point i would question your money spent on it

personally i feel a cage like that is a waste in every possible scenario, other than scrap metal value

cages i feel are for one reason and it's saving your life, face and neck/spine. that cage will provide neither really should the front of your car still wedge in, and i would be looking to atleast get some side bars and upper hoops for it regardless. at which point you might aswell spend £500 (ish) on a safety devices 6-point cage at the minimum

(not to hinder a potential sale though Laugh)

also show cages look stupid in road cars. they just look, well.. cannot think of any other word, other than stupid, at this moment in time

i may be entirely wrong in everything i say, and someone will be along shortly to indicate the reasons behind installing a part-cage/showcage

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:07
knoxie

Regular

Post #5
So basically it's pretty pointless in having a half cage?

No just looking into them really all advice is good advise

ex S16 (K.I.A Sad )
GTI 6 Big grin
TEAM BLACK
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:11
rikky 🦔

Post #6
i see loads of half cages in 106's and saxo's, and they retain the back seats, and drive up and down the main road here near me every thursday night

to a degree, yes, that 'half cage' is better than no cage in a crash i am guessing. i haven't been in a bad enough crash for the cage to be a determining factor of saving my life just yet (hopefully i don't, touch wood), but i wouldn't put my trust into anything but something with full bars surrounding the cabin at every side

up to you, but given the choice, i know what i would do with that money, and it isn't anything to do with a half cage

Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:15
knoxie

Regular

Post #7
Yeah I have seen them plenty of times in them, had a search on google and couldn't really find anything, basically still need the car for everyday use, and not Shure about the mix with getting in and out with a full cage

ex S16 (K.I.A Sad )
GTI 6 Big grin
TEAM BLACK
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:18
rikky 🦔

Post #8
tbh i had to use my track car to get to my girlfriend's house, and had to get fuel on the way, and i fell out of it onto the forecourt as i got out. it is always a pain in the arse getting in and out, part of the fun some would say LOL

Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:24
knoxie

Regular

Post #9
Haha see that's something I would do every time LOL

ex S16 (K.I.A Sad )
GTI 6 Big grin
TEAM BLACK
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:27
rikky 🦔

Post #10
here's the cage i have in my 306:

http://www.rikky.net/upload/cage.jpg

Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:31
knoxie

Regular

Post #11
What?!?!? Is that serious?

ex S16 (K.I.A Sad )
GTI 6 Big grin
TEAM BLACK
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:35
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
LOL

I've got some spare tube Rikky, say the word Laugh my ass off

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:42
rikky 🦔

Post #13
LOL i'll be back up as soon as i can afford it, waiting on moving so i can get this 106 xsi shell

Posted 23rd Feb 2011 at 04:47