displaying posts 26 to 50 of 58

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

Author Subject: My budget Gti-6 track car. *pic heavy*
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #26
Next up was remove the sound deadening from the bonnet, a mouse had made his home in there but he was well gone now.

then tidy up the washer pipe

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 27th Apr 2011 at 19:25
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #27
Then it was rebuild the rear beam and raise the rear as it was too low. in went new bearings and new shocks and the underside had a clean up and some stonechip too. also removed the fuel tank to clean it out as it's been sat for 2 years, found another mouse nest on there too. and i broke a fuel line so i cant fire the car up yet Sad

Also fitted a hybrid ARB that i got from Ratty Big grin

GINGER SHOCKS!!

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 27th Apr 2011 at 19:30
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #28
Then on went the front clip with modified phase1 quad lamps and a laguna splitter i had off a mate for free!

I fitted the exhaust on tempory and It was pushed outside so i could use the ramps to fix my other 306. also put a old D-trbo rear bumper on i had kicking about

Simon has some standard rear lamps for me so the lexarse ones are going.

Cant wait to get it running and cleaned and get some good pics of these.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 27th Apr 2011 at 19:41
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #29
This weekend i received the fuel pipe i needed from pugplus, so i could put the tank back on, fit a battery and turn the key, the engine turned over but no life from the fuel pump. I took out the pump and tested it and it was ok, I wasnt sure if the pump was controled by the imobilizer or maybe i'd cut one too many wires out of the dash loom when i lightened it, so i came on here and got dug into the search and found the imobilizer does not control the pump. a bit more head scratching later and playing with connecters and i was back on here again, used the search and found it could be fuel pump realy fault, straight away i knew it was this, only because i dont remember fitting it. Back down to the farm again, looked behind the battery, theres the multi plug but no relay! feck!, i thought to myself, where will i get one of them on a sunday afternoon? Then looking in the car i saw it, attached to an old engine loom was the relay, quickly fitted it and turned the key, the fuel pump primed itself and i turned the key the final click, the engine fired into life! It made my day, i thought i was gonna have loads of problems as this car has not run for 2 years but it was running great. its a bit tappy but fingers crossed it should clear with a good run (also Found that out in the search.lol). Just gotta do the brakes before i can take it out for a spin. Smile

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 9th May 2011 at 22:10
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #30
Time for a big update, the majority of the car is now done, just got to tidy up some bits and it'll be ready for mot and racing!

new suspension bits,

Before

After, I also had some ds2500's off ratty so they went in, standard Brembo discs all round and standard Ferrodo pads for the rear.

Rear
Had some rear calipers from Roland Rat, I snapped 1 bleed nipple but bleed it through the inlet pipe instead, fitted Mr swampys hoses and made up some brake lines to join it all together.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 14:52
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #31
Inside, it's been stripped out, still more to come out mind and some door trims are next on the list to make.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 15:48
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #32
Some forced inducution, I modified the existing inlet pipe to allow me to put the filter behind the light, still needs the light hole opening and a snorkel to feed the top of the filter and keep it cool. I didnt have the proper battery connector at the time of taking this, i got one now and it's all safe.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 15:51
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #33
I bought a oil cooler from spiky, all good but the cooler pipes weren't long enough to have it where i wanted it, so got in touch with a company on e-bay and had 2 40inch pipes made and they fit perfect Smile I modified the bumper and mounted the oil cooler to it giving plenty of room for the fans.

I'll probily squeeze some mesh inbetween to help protect it from stones etc.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 16:00
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #34
After checking over it all it was time to give it a clean and a quick spin around a mates feild. NO mot or tax yet so i'll have to wait before i can unlesh the terror out onto the road and get it to a track.

Also gotta get some stickers/graphics to cover the shoddy bodywork.lol.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 16:07
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #35
Little update for now, I had some rear lights from simon, i think they've made a massive difference to the rear of the car. Smile

one of each,

The new pair,

I have loads more bits, not had time to clear the car out and take pics, it's like a mobile shed atm.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 12th Jul 2011 at 14:24
danposs86

Regular

Post #36
Rear lights really tidy up the rear. Such an improvement. Also looks good clean!

danposs86's GTi-6
Posted 12th Jul 2011 at 15:46
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #37
Looking much better mate Thumbs up
Posted 12th Jul 2011 at 19:15
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
some excellent progress made on this.looks totally different mate Thumbs up
Posted 30th Dec 2011 at 22:15
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #39
been a while so i thought i'd do a bit of an update. I've been waiting for the nice weather so i could give it a good clean.

managed to get hold of a bit of a cage, it's not perfect but it'll do until i can afford a proper one.

then it was off on my first track day, only got a few pics of my dads mobile as my camera s**t itself and wouldn't work.

As you can see i had to borrow some 14's for the rear as my rear tyres were crap in the wet. The car looked like a scrapper but it went all day without any problems which i was very pleased with.

First thing on the to-do list after the track day was wheels and tyres. I didnt have a clue what tyres to spend my money on but i managed to get a part worn set of prada's on cyclones for £100 and then remembered my rallye had some almost new toyo t1r's, (It wont be needing them if its going back to standard spec). so i cleaned up a set of 15x7.5j with an et16 wheels that i had and repainted them white and put the toyos on them. Also pinched a set of roller bearing wishbones off the rallye to help the cause And a proper 6 rear bumper makes it all colour coded.

Then it had some polish, it's usually lucky to see rain water but i went all out and got the super resin polish out. made a massive difference and really made the diablo paint shine properly again.

Then added some graphics to hide some of the battle scars and make it look a bit more presentable. I think it came up pretty well. a few more are needed mind.

Gave all 3 of my 306's a quick clean as the weather is never good enough to get them all together.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 31st Jul 2012 at 21:12
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #40

Loving the "french flag" collection of 306's. I am missing a red one for my collection Laugh

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 10:12
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
decent improvement mate Yes

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 10:27
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
You definatly live for the 306 Thumbs up

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 23:05
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
Whats up with the bonnet,looks slightly silver ?
good work btw,what you doing next to it?

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 1st Aug 2012 at 23:41
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #44
7057sam wrote:
Whats up with the bonnet,looks slightly silver ?
good work btw,what you doing next to it?

A previous owner thought it would be a good idea to to add a silver flake laquor over the bonnet. it looks ok when its clean but when a cheap one comes up I'll be changing it.

Next on the list is move the battery into the car, I also have a BMC CDA Air box to go in. Another track day in Llandow booked for 22nd of august and see how it goes. I keep looking and finding a few bargains on here to make it go faster so I'll just keep an eye out and see what comes up. The wish list is Lightened flywheel, Crank pulley and a super charger.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 2nd Aug 2012 at 12:49
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
I have a rich w flywheel,a very good improvement Smile

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 2nd Aug 2012 at 15:31
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
Lmao I like the inclusion of charger in the list as if its a thing on a similar level to a flywheel Razz

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 2nd Aug 2012 at 15:42
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #47
eliotrw wrote:
Lmao I like the inclusion of charger in the list as if its a thing on a similar level to a flywheel Razz

There's not many things to buy to make one of these faster. lol. I'll start with the cheapest first.LOL

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 2nd Aug 2012 at 15:51
dan86

Senior User

Post #48
Keep the updates coming bud, your doing a cracking job Thumbs up

Posted 4th Aug 2012 at 10:11
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #49
So... second track day at Llandow. Armed with T1R's, some roller bearing wishbones, a shorter number plate to allow more air to the oil cooler and more go-faster stickers to cover the rough patches, i took to the track again. What a MASSIVE difference! Mainly i think due to the tyres, but the car was planted. never once did the back end try to let go, it was spot on. I passed loads more cars than on the first outing and the car performed brilliantly all day. Only problem was a split cv boot and I scratched a wheel on the trailer taking it home. The only incident on the track was very ambitious overtake on a Mk1 golf that I was quicker than around the track but evenly matched for speed on the straight so struggled to get past. Anyway, very late braking into the bus stop and I ended up going straight onto the grass, to make it worse the camera man was there to catch it all. Enjoy,

Next plans, currently buying a lightweight flywheel and some piper cams off bigbadbowen. Hopefully get another track day in October so the flywheel will go in for that. Also i'm re-working a spare head which will have the cams put into it, then a remap, that'll be closer to Christmas tho. Also plan to move the battery inside the car, fit a BMC air filter I have kicking about and maybe a bit more weight loss for me and the car.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 14th Sep 2012 at 00:25
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #50
Looks amazing buddy Smile such a difference from when you first got her!!

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 14th Sep 2012 at 00:47

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3