displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: play in steering?
zxturbo400

Regular

Post #1
Hi all im wondering if you can help my mate, hes bought my old dturbo off a friend who had a bump up a kerb-curb at 30mph drivers side, the car now has quite a lot of play in the steering and i can see the track rod arm is slightly bent, so you think the steering rack could be damaged at all? i cant think of anything else it could be other than rack!

cheers!
Posted 10th Jan 2011 at 05:35
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Usually if it's not in the joints then it's in the knuckle on the lower steering column rather than the rack itself.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 10th Jan 2011 at 15:52
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Is the knuckle replaceable? or does the whole column need to be changed? I think mines got play in it (it's been commented on in the last MOT) and it does feel a little vague and wanders a little (the track rod ends need changing too) and I plan on doing some work on the car soon whilst its off the road.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 10th Jan 2011 at 18:53
zxturbo400

Regular

Post #4
dan this is what that problem you have, feels loose and vauge, not sharp like it used to be. cheers
Posted 10th Jan 2011 at 20:46