displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Lubing heaters
cayuse

Junior User

Post #1
I have an annoying squeaking noise comming from the passenger side under the glove box area i think. When i turn the heaters off it goes so i can only assume the fan needs some oil. One of my friends said there is a hole somewhere where you can spray oil in and it will run down and lube the heater fan. Is this true or is there other ways to go to it.

Many thanks.
Posted 20th Dec 2010 at 12:39
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
it's a squeaky heater blower. Take the trim off beneath to expose it, 4 torx bolts if i recall, drop it out and drip some 3in1 oil or similar onto the spindle top and bottom. Works a treat and shuts up noisy blowers.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 20th Dec 2010 at 14:18
cayuse

Junior User

Post #3
You mean remove the grey facia where the heater switches are dude?
Posted 20th Dec 2010 at 20:15
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Nah, remove the cover below the glovebox in the passenger footwell then, as said, remove the torx bolts and drop the fan out. Thumbs up

Ph3 China blue GTi-6 330Ci///M Sport & NC23 CBR400RR Cool

You feed beefburgers to swans. Yes

I may have been speeding Mr Policeman but [a] I live for the 306 and [b] did you see that dog? omfg
Posted 20th Dec 2010 at 21:24
cayuse

Junior User

Post #5
Ok thanks. I'll have a fondle tomorrow.
Posted 20th Dec 2010 at 21:33
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
No worries. Wink

Ph3 China blue GTi-6 330Ci///M Sport & NC23 CBR400RR Cool

You feed beefburgers to swans. Yes

I may have been speeding Mr Policeman but [a] I live for the 306 and [b] did you see that dog? omfg
Posted 20th Dec 2010 at 22:45
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #7
blower squeak faq

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 21st Dec 2010 at 18:31