displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Guaging interest, my rose-jointed tubular wishbones....
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Thinking about selling these on so I can either fix the heap with the cash or buy something a bit quicker.

Prototype set of tubular wishbones, rose-jointed, a proper fully-adjustable 3-pivot design, oversized (18mm) front rose joints to reduce wear and tear. Removes play in the front bushes for faster responses and more consistant handling (and as a bonus, stops the car pulling all over through deep puddles)
They're designed to take standard balljoints which is both cheaper and stronger than most designs that use a rose joint welded in at 90*.
They're made from T45 steel tube, the rose joints are PTFE/Kevlar lined Chromoly versions, complete with sealing boots to keep the dirt out (and grease in, all the joints are packed with moly grease to extend their life).

Allow for more travel than a standard wishbone if fitted with extended struts, camber is adjustable, as is castor, and there's a small amount of anti-dive adjustment available by altering the washers/shims on the rear joints.

However, with this version you cannot run a standard front anti-roll bar. I am working on a solution but tbh, I just ran harder springs and enjoyed the extra traction and grip from the front end.
And being my prototype version one side got left in etch primer and could do with a rub down and some paint if you want them shiny.

A group A set from Special Tuning would cost you over £900 and they don't have the either the adjustment or strength that these offer.
I can also help with setup if needed (hell, if your local I'll give you a hand to fit them if need be).

£650 ono.
Done about 4-5k miles but all joints are tight and in good condition.
I'll even give you a free set of joints if they wear out in the next 6 months ('cause they should last ages yet).

edit: Looking at the amount of views I've made a few people cough LOL
Open to offers, no half eaten mars bars though, but if you've fit younger sister....

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 18th Dec 2010 at 23:45
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Now on Ebay

Got a BE gearbox to pay for hopefully LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 26th Dec 2010 at 23:00
mabgti

NV motors

Post #3
why cant you use an ARB? it doesnt connect to wishbone..

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 27th Dec 2010 at 02:58
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
The rear strut on the wishbone is in the way.
I can have one made if anyone wants an adjustable front anti-roll bar to go with it, I just haven't got around for it as mine never really needed one.

Email me!
Posted 27th Dec 2010 at 03:15
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Should have two brand new sets of these in CDS ready by next week if anyone is considering any. Steel joints rather than forged aluminium though.
£450 per pair, includes joints + sealing boots, etc, but you would need to bolt your own balljoints in.

Will be zinc-coated for anti-corrosion protection with a powdercoat/paint topcoat too.

Email me!
Posted 7th Nov 2011 at 21:14
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
How much for the Arb to suit these wishbones?
Posted 8th Nov 2011 at 06:14
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I won't know until I've actually got around to making one to make sure it works LOL
Probably around the £80-100 range.

Email me!
Posted 8th Nov 2011 at 13:31
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Will spacing the droplinks out not work?
Posted 8th Nov 2011 at 18:01
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
It may work if it clears the wishbones, I've never really tried as, as I say, I don't run a front anti-roll bar anyway. I'll have a look tommorow and see, but it will depend on your ride height I suspect.

Email me!
Posted 8th Nov 2011 at 18:03
talbotsteve

Regular

Post #10
Hi, do you do the wider lower bottow arms for the wide track conversion?

Cheers Steve.

MMMM you won't like this but I just love Citroens!!!!!!!
Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 02:01
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Are these still available to buy?

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 8th Apr 2012 at 15:27