displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: Wilwood bleeding
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I was googling around for pads and stumbled across a thread on clubgti here

Someone says that the 4 bleed nipples are for the 4 pistons and that you have to bleed 2 then turn the calpiers over and bleed again.

I didn't beleive this until I thought about the people who have had uneven pad wear on wilwoods.

Discuss.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 00:33
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
uneven pad wear is from the fitting bracket fitting at an angle, i noticed this when i removed mine, the KADs are the same but not as much of an angle. if you remove you calliper and look at the angle it sits at to the hub you will see what i mean.

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 00:46
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Ah, I thought it didn't make sense because Air rises but it did get me thinking.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 00:48
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
what i do is after each track day swap pads upside down, as there so quick and easy to remove

In my garage just now

& Audi Q5 S Line
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 01:29
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
But the callipers should be mounted straightConfused

I had this problem with mine. I'm hoping it was from when I first got them fitted and they weren't bled properly. Time will tell tho. I'm going to be bleeding them again soon anywaySmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 01:35
cooper666

Senior User

Post #6
chrisd306 wrote:
uneven pad wear is from the fitting bracket fitting at an angle, i noticed this when i removed mine, the KADs are the same but not as much of an angle. if you remove you calliper and look at the angle it sits at to the hub you will see what i mean.

they fitted perfectly when i fitted them, measured with a digital vernier had to file a lot of flash of of hub though Dunno

clio r27
ps3 id:cooperkloe

Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 01:58
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I will need to check the rear of mine for shite, but i thought that was the problem, as thats what i read on either 205 or 106 or saxo site, canne mind what one.

In my garage just now

& Audi Q5 S Line
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 02:31
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Uneven pad wear will generally be due to non-staggered piston sizes. Normally the leading piston is sized slightly smaller, a la 406 Brembo. (38 leads 42)

I'm not that familiar with Wilwoods You should have a balance line and use two brake nipples. I wouldn't think necessary to turn the caliper over at all.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 18:27
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
It's not, just bleed from the top.
As cooper says though, there's quite often a lot of casting flash on the back of the hubs that may need cleaning up when fitting aftermarket calipers (or even different Pug calipers - they don't all seat quite in the same place, I had to clean mine up to get the 307 calipers on true)

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 18:49
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Mine's a bit weird tbh because it's only on one side of the calliper (note NOT one side of the car) that the pads have worn unevenly.
It was suggested by Ash (I think) that it could be a worn wheel bearing that could be standing the wheel up. But surely that'd affect both pads, not just the oneConfused

Any other ideas? LOL

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 22nd Nov 2010 at 23:23