displaying posts 26 to 50 of 65

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

Author Subject: stripped interior
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
I know Blush

I have only had them in about a month, and mainly been using other car. Probs won't be using it over winter and on the list of things to do is a harnass bar, basically like Jim's before caged Yes

On that note, can you make me one Jim? Flowers

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 22nd Oct 2010 at 23:26
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #27
cjm_harris wrote:
I know Blush

I have only had them in about a month, and mainly been using other car. Probs won't be using it over winter and on the list of things to do is a harnass bar, basically like Jim's before caged Yes

On that note, can you make me one Jim? Flowers

Yes, but its a weld in job really, when could you come down?

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 22nd Oct 2010 at 23:48
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #28
lotek wrote:
JIM!! SELL YOUR BOOTY AND FIX THE WALLYE!!!

Any takers? LOL Seroiusly though, I'm a bit sick of cars at the moment, so it's going to be a winter project I think. I'm sure I'll regret that when I'm freezing my tits off working on it later but I'm having too much fun dicking around with Jetskis at the moment Happy

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 22nd Oct 2010 at 23:50
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
forgot allabout this thread Laugh my ass off so seriousley stripped cars in here. anyone had there cars weighed stripped and caged? i had mine weighed once i had it stripped and it weighed in at 900kg on the dot. since then i have removed aircon and fitted a fiberglass bonnet and romoved a couple of little bits and bobs so should now be down to around 880kg Coolnot sure if i want to get caged up or not as i no these cages add a goob bit weight back in not exactley sure how much but am sure its around 60-80kg for a 10point omp bolt in cage.

parts i have removed:
spare wheel and tray
exhaust rear heat shield
all interior plastics
roof liner
carpets
seats
air bags
air con
bonnet
fog lights
standard brakes

sure there is more but cant think off the top of my head...

next job is to get rid of the electric wondows and fit rallye winders
Lightened flywheel
fiberglass tailgate (maybe)

i dont want to go mental with this as i still use the car on a weekend and for work now and then.

pics to follow in the morning Big grin

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url &amp; =
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 08:32
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
My seats are mounted in the track slag in a similar fashion, and was built to competition rules for hillclimbing so i'm a little confused.

Though, having said that the angle doesn't look that great when you're side on as opposed to looking in form the boot.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 12:17
rikky 🦔

Post #31
880kg is a bit optimistic IMO...

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 14:00
ben306

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
tvrfan007 wrote:

Though, having said that the angle doesn't look that great when you're side on as opposed to looking in form the boot.

this!

The angle from the seat is about 30-35 degrees. Looks alot worse from the back than it actually is.

My 306 Rallye Project Thread

Few recent Youtube track videos, more on my channel
Pair of Rallye's doing a few laps of Anglesey

Lap of Anglesey Coastal

3 sisters circuit

Few laps at Blyton
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 14:07
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #33
eddy_gti6 wrote:
forgot allabout this thread Laugh my ass off so seriousley stripped cars in here. anyone had there cars weighed stripped and caged? i had mine weighed once i had it stripped and it weighed in at 900kg on the dot. since then i have removed aircon and fitted a fiberglass bonnet and romoved a couple of little bits and bobs so should now be down to around 880kg Coolnot sure if i want to get caged up or not as i no these cages add a goob bit weight back in not exactley sure how much but am sure its around 60-80kg for a 10point omp bolt in cage.

My Custom Cages 10 point Challenge Spec. CDS cage weighs in at aprox. 60 kilos, plus say 5 kilos of weld on top of that, max.

Harness bars
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 14:35
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
rikky wrote:
880kg is a bit optimistic IMO...

well if my car is sitting at 900kg now after removing the standard bonnet what is a good 18kg and the aircon pumt that will be around 5kg+ then add the weight of my single skin bonnet that is around 3.5kg i dont think it would be to hard to reach Cool

daveyboy wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:

My Custom Cages 10 point Challenge Spec. CDS cage weighs in at aprox. 60 kilos, plus say 5 kilos of weld on top of that, max.

is there nothing lighter? Laugh my ass off

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url &amp; =
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 14:52
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
pics of my interior,

dont have any finished pics though Sad

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 14:58
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
880 is 106 territory, so wtf is going on there. How have you managed to shed 300 kilos from standard?

We weighed a P2 106 GTi with no interior, two buckets and a roll cage at Cadwell and it tipped the scales at 875 with half a tank of fuel.

Ben weighed his Rallye at 1070 with half a tank of fuel, but caged up with buckets iirc. I'm sure he'll confirm.

I'd maybe believe 980, but 880 has gotta be a duff scale or someone nicked your engine. Confused

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:05
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
tvrfan007 wrote:
880 is 106 territory, so wtf is going on there. How have you managed to shed almost 330 kilos from standard?

We weighed a 106 with no interior, two buckets and a roll cage at Cadwell and it tipped the scales at 875 with half a tank of fuel.

Ben weighed his Rallye at 1070 with half a tank of fuel, but caged up with buckets iirc. I'm sure he'll confirm.

I'd maybe believe 980, but 880 has gotta be a duff scale or someone nicked your engine. Confused

my mate had his 106 weighed in at 875kg standard, put my car on and it weighed in at bang on 900kg. no idea how but i will see if i can get back up there and get it back on the scale and get some pics up of the result.

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:05
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Hmmn. I get standard weight of a P2 106 GTi to be 950, so 875 for something with absolutely nothing unnecessary in it, and a welded cage seems about right i'd say. Be interested to see what weight you get as I thought standard kerb weight of the GTi6 was 1200ish, and the Rallye 30kg less?

Si

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:07
rikky 🦔

Post #39
looks good ash! is that sandy/colin's handywork?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:08
rikky 🦔

Post #40
i am hoping for about 950kg with mine, with cage, as it is, and i have really gone to town with the lightening...

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:09
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
rikky wrote:
looks good ash! is that sandy/colin's handywork?

Yes

309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:13
rikky 🦔

Post #42
colin did my solid mounts for me and custom top arm, the engineering in them is immense, love them, shame they are hidden really LOL

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:15
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
al go clear the shit out the car and get a few pics up then if i can get hold of my mate i will pop down and get my car on the scales Thumbs up

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:24
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
yep colins work is awsome. my cars down in his workshop at the minute so should have a few more shiny things on when it comes back Smile

309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 15:27
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
well have is my interior, still need to finish painting the inside tho... Doh my harness are at the wrong angle LOL

and a coulpe of my fiberglass bonnet Cool

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 19:07
rikky 🦔

Post #46
thought you had a cage my mistake

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 19:08
rikky 🦔

Post #47
did you spray the bonnet or did it come that colour?

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 19:09
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
No, i am after a cage and thats the colour the bonnet came, going to get it sprayed the same colour as the car at some point as i dont realy like it black

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 19:16
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
leave it black i like it, think im gonna ghet a bonnet of that guiy as looks good, better tyhan my carbon skinned fibre glass 1!!

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 20:33
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #50
now i have washed the car and seen it in the light i quite like it so think i will just leave it black. gives it that track car look Cool

Posted 10th Nov 2010 at 21:59

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3