displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: door wireing question
loftlex

Junior User

Post #1
Hi

as most of you know i have a diesel, but this forum is the best for getting advice on 306's

so,, my drivers door sometimes locks, sometiems it does not, also my windows, sometimes work and somtimes they do not..

but opening and closing my door fixes the problem..

so i am 99% sure its the wireing loom connecting the door to the cars body..

on closer inspection my wireing loom has been butchered and is held together with cable ties and insulation tape,,,

i went to the scrap yard today and found a donour 306 with the wireing loom in good condition,, (but its from the passengers side, not the drivers side, do you think it will work) also it does not apear to be able to be disconnected via a plug or connection block and there is not a lot of room to move,, do i have to snip the wires and re solder them? to a better condition door plug?

and seeing most of you on here have converted your 306's to rallye's have any of you got a standard door electrical loom that is slightly longer so i can have more room to solder the connections in place,,

i need the loom that runs inside the car, that runs to the door and has a twist off connector that plugs in to the door...

any help advice or pointers would be great

GTI wanna be Sad ---In a puff of black smoke and a whistle,,, i was gone Smile
Posted 17th Oct 2010 at 22:42
andy306gti

Regular

Post #2
If I recall right peugeot sell a repair loom for the door. You'll probably need to remove the door from its hinges to get engought access to repair it...
I remember reading a thread on here with someone doing just that.
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 05:09
andy306gti

Regular

Post #3
This is probably the page you want... Third post down.

click here

I wouldn't think it'd be worth using a scrap loom as chances are it'll happend again rather soon. Either get a repair loom from peugeot or repair the one you have by cutting it down past the damaged cable and extending the wiring.
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 05:23
loftlex

Junior User

Post #4
ooo, thanks Smile

Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 14:24
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
dont get a used one! even from another gti6 as the colour wires vary from each car , there little c*nts ! Yes

buy a repair loom , or even easier just repair your own. Yes
]dont do what i did and snip it off and try to fix with donor connector. it doesent work,

thankfully i have Central locking working again , and have hard wired my windows via 3way switch
Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 16:33
loftlex

Junior User

Post #6
ok, i'll have a go at repairing my own loom then,, many thanks Smile

Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 20:02
mwl001

Regular

Post #7
This is how I fixed mine:
clicky
Posted 19th Oct 2010 at 01:34
rikky 🦔

Post #8
mine's always gone in my ownership of every 306 i've had. easy fix if you can solder and heatshrink etc, did mine on the 6 in january and all is well still

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 19th Oct 2010 at 03:38
loftlex

Junior User

Post #9
well i had no choice but to try and fix it today Sad

put my window down, and it started to rain,,, and it would not go back up

bo***cks Sad

so,, when the rain stopped for a while i had to strip the door connector and re do it all

mine has been propper butchered so i am going to have to replace it,, four of the cables are less than a cm long Sad

i soldered cable and heat shrink cabled round the soldered joints,, so its a reasonable job

it works for now but it wont last long,,

so i am gonna have to find a sutible replacement

bugger Sad

Posted 20th Oct 2010 at 01:26