displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: SP Suspension - Thumbs up :)
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Just a quick note really in case anyone else was looking to have suspension overhauled.

I had a problem with a rear Koni shock on the Rover, which p*ssed all the oil out following a heavy track day at Bedford in June.

I took the shocks off and looked on the Koni website for refurbishers and contacted all three on here: Clickage

I was warned off Raceline after a problem that a guy on Rovertech had, taking 2 months of persistance to get his shocks back and reading equal on other forums with their service. Sportsline were quoting stupid prices which made it barely any cheaper than buying a new shock.

However, SP Suspension happened to be just up the road from Peterborough, in Spalding. I contacted Shaun who gave great advice and said he'd be able to sort them out - even said he was in Peterborough that night and could collect FOC!

Turnaround was exactly 7 days as promised, and the cost was less than expected. Cost me £45 to have the ok shock tested, and everything but the rod and the body replaced in the other shock! (Didn't ask about powdercoating but I get that mega cheap anyway). I knew that shock was trashed as well as the rod didn't stroke!

Did an excellent job, thumbs up from me and great customer service. Smile I'd use him again with no hesitation. Smile

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 12:54
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
That's not a bad price either, it cost me that just in parts to replace a bent rod, bearing, seals and new cap on the buggy, which sounds like the same thing you'd done LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 18:07
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
nice, I have managed to collect a few Koni dampers recently, though I think they're all ok just a bit tired looking Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Oct 2010 at 22:48