displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: S/C 205 peformance radiators problems
205gti6_ro

Regular

Post #1
hello, as some of you may know i'm supercharging my gti 6 engined 205, however i've now come to a problem with the boost piping and the little room i have.

with the way i want to run my boost piping, i cant move/tilt the radiator forward enough to clear the pipe work. so i've looked into getting the shorter performance radiator you can get from radtec/baker bm.

http://www.radtec.co.uk/index.php?p0=detail&id=305&cpid=30&cid=105&partNo=RP2%20S

http://www.bakerbm.com/205.php?data=alurad205

does anyone know why theres such a big difference in price? or where i could get one cheaper?

the other option i've looked at is getting a 106 diesel radiator (thinner and abit shorter in lenghth i think) but i'm worried will it be good enough to keep temperatures down? i'll be running twin SPAL fans.

any advice would be good

thanks Rolando
Posted 6th Jun 2010 at 16:50
mabgti

NV motors

Post #2
with the intercooler taking up most air space be sure to retain or increase ccm of rad. so if you go shorter go thicker..

i would run a charge cooler for ease of fit.. forge do one for the hdi that can be retro'd

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 6th Jun 2010 at 17:11
205gti6_ro

Regular

Post #3
ahh yeh i'm running a chargecooler or will be.

where the charger outlet is, i want a 90degree bend so it runs to where the battery is as thats where i plan to fit my chargercooler but theres near enough no room to fit the 90 degree pipe unless i have a shorter rad so it can come out furter.

dont think its a good idea with the 106 rad then?
Posted 6th Jun 2010 at 17:17
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
have a look at what Garry has done with his Lynx s/c 205, he's using that BBM rad.

I thought the BBM rads were Radtec ones mind you, so that's quite a saving!

Not sure really if you'd be able to beat that pricing.

Stew baker himself is using one of those rads with a 2.1 carbed engine in a 205.

106 rad is taller than a 205 one, and pretty thin so I'm not sure if it'd be man enough, diesel one may be, and it does have the bonus of using a separate expansion tank.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Jun 2010 at 17:23
205gti6_ro

Regular

Post #5
yeh the 106 diesel one was the one i was looking at.

i looked at garrys set up and did like it as i plan to use an intercooler when i go high boost as i dont think my chargecooler will be up to the power but i just cant justify spending just over £300 on a rad lol tight ass i know but its looking like thats the route i'll be going Sad
Posted 6th Jun 2010 at 17:40
mabgti

NV motors

Post #6
with a bit of custom piping you can fit almost any rad to any car...

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 6th Jun 2010 at 18:05
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
One thing to remember is that if you go shorter and thicker with a rad you'll need more volume for cooling than a large, thin radiator, as you'll loose some efficiency.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 6th Jun 2010 at 19:25
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
If you do need a custom rad have a search for myracespares on the net. He already does a standard replacement rad but he'll make you anything. Very reasonably priced and his work is excellent. Defo worth a look.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 02:49
205gti6_ro

Regular

Post #9
just been to my local scrapyard and theres a lovely ally 106 diesel rad for a fiver.

how ever it looks extremely thin, i'd say half the depth of a 205 diesel rad which is the same depth as a 306 rad i think and prob about 4/5" shorter in length.

this wont be able to cool my engine sufficiently will it?
Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 18:48
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #10
205gti6_ro wrote:
this wont be able to cool my engine sufficiently will it?

No

OK you could spend hours trawling scrappies or Nissens etc. catalogues working out what rads from other cars might fit, but finding one that's going to give you improved cooling capacity but still small enough to fit a 205 engine bay + your boost piping won't be easy, most cars that size have small engines and therefore puny rads! LOL

Sorry but if you want it done properly, you're best off with a custom rad. I got mine done by RadTec and was very happy with the standard of their work. But there are plenty of other companies who'll make a custom rad so worth shopping around and having a haggle - for example MJS Fabrication also come highly recommended.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 7th Jun 2010 at 20:46