displaying posts 1 to 18 of 18

Author Subject: ECU for Throttle Bodies
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #1
Does anybody know which ECU would be best for a set of Jenvey 45's, e.g. omex or emerald e.t.c and what model?

www.pugsport-racing.co.uk
Posted 21st May 2010 at 01:41
ablister

Senior User

Post #2
best to get whatever your local mapper can use and is familiar with

306 rallye, Richard Longman engine

rc10gt
Posted 21st May 2010 at 01:46
tannerman

Senior User

Post #3
i am in the same bout...i think im going to opt for the omex 600 as it looks the better of the 2 and doesnt have a three month waiting list.i was gonna go for efi but aparently there is only 2 pople in the country that can map them ok 1 of the guys live just down the road from me but what if he moves.LOL

DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BUM FLUFF
Posted 21st May 2010 at 01:49
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Find out what your mapper is most familar with, that's the best to go with.
Barring that, DTA S40

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 21st May 2010 at 01:51
tannerman

Senior User

Post #5
just looked them up they look rally cheap and nasty

Posted 21st May 2010 at 02:10
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #6
I will find out what they can program then so a mixed reaction to the best ecu

www.pugsport-racing.co.uk
tannerman

Senior User

Post #7
tannerman wrote:
just looked them up they look rally cheap and nasty

really not rally.lol

phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
DTA looks cheap and nasty?!
There's probably half the competition cars in the UK on one...

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 21st May 2010 at 02:12
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #9
DTA is probably one of the most commonly used with ITB's etc. From what im told it can be one of the 'easier' ones to map.

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 21st May 2010 at 02:12
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Emerald without a doubt, It's more configurable, Has a USB port now too & Loads of people can map them..
The Omex which I run in my car cannot run the coil pack's fitted to the 6 so a normal type of pack must be used which is a pain.

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 21st May 2010 at 02:41
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Dta are certainly not cheap and nasty. I know several people using them including myself and they're highly rated. They're also uk based and are incredibly helpful over the phone. I highly recommend them Thumbs up

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 21st May 2010 at 05:21
tannerman

Senior User

Post #12
allanallen wrote:
Dta are certainly not cheap and nasty. I know several people using them including myself and they're highly rated. They're also uk based and are incredibly helpful over the phone. I highly recommend them Thumbs up

all im sayin is iv spoke to alot of companys (pug10ff,pug performance,ecosse,am autotech)and they have never even metioned this ecu...must be a reason??

Posted 21st May 2010 at 12:10
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #13
tannerman wrote:
allanallen wrote:

all im sayin is iv spoke to alot of companys (pug10ff,pug performance,ecosse,am autotech)and they have never even metioned this ecu...must be a reason??

Sounds like you already made up your mind, most people on here ignore Phillip m on here anyway, it's not like he knows anything about engines Dry LOL

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 21st May 2010 at 12:39
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #14
roberts_306 wrote:
I will find out what they can program then so a mixed reaction to the best ecu

They all do pretty much the same thing, I'm on Omex and have had no problems other than having to go for a wasted spark coil pack at £60 plus leads.
Get whatever your mapper of choice is most comfortable working with, if he does'nt know the interfaces well he will take a lot longer to map it and it will cost more as it will just be time added on the bill, or he will refuse outright to touch it if he can't be bothered to learn a new system. Emerald, Omex or DTA will do just fine, check out the prices and ring around your mappers.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 21st May 2010 at 12:43
tannerman

Senior User

Post #15
well i wouldnt no would i its not like im his best friend dont even no him so iv got some reason to b abit skeptical aint i.and its not like the people iv talked 2 dont no anythin about engines either......but cheers for the advice ye

Posted 21st May 2010 at 15:30
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
daveyboy wrote:

Sounds like you already made up your mind, most people on here ignore Phillip m on here anyway, it's not like he knows anything about engines Dry LOL

There's 4 cups pushed up and down by 4 spoons attached to a big hand whisk, cold air comes in the top, and the cups run away from it 'cause they want to stay warm, and it turns the whisk to power your car Yes

Email me!
Posted 21st May 2010 at 17:31
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #17
phillipm wrote:
daveyboy wrote:

There's 4 cups pushed up and down by 4 spoons attached to a big hand whisk, cold air comes in the top, and the cups run away from it 'cause they want to stay warm, and it turns the whisk to power your car Yes

What happened to the hamster inthe treadmill you had before? Is it buried in a shoe box at the end of the garden now? Sad LOL

Harness bars
Posted 21st May 2010 at 17:44
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
It got its head trapped in the whisk.

Email me!
Posted 22nd May 2010 at 03:27