displaying posts 51 to 55 of 55

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: tran-x or quaife lsd?
puglover Banned!

Post #51
gti-dan wrote:
hmm definately need to get these ramp angles right. can anyone recommend somebody near leeds who acn fit the tran-x diff and carry ot any cutting / grinding etc that might be required?

is anyone here batting for the ATB side?!?!?

i can sort that out for you no worries.

I dont know what all the fuss is about plate diffs. Been driving mine around all be it gingerly but cant seem to find anything bad about them yet. The car seems to react alot more to lifting off the throttle which may cause a few issues but as long as the rest of the car is good then it can only liven up the driving experience. They are easy to fit just as easy to understand as its all simple mechanics so service is no blag and you will prob have the box off at some point within 30,000 miles anyway.

Get a plate diff and dont waste money on something which does half the job. quaiffe will be better than nothing but might as well get the real deal.
Posted 9th Jul 2011 at 02:57
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
vts_tibi wrote:
holy thread resurrection...

do these Tanx-X / Gripper diffs make any noise during driving?

Or are they silent at all?

As there are a few cars round here with plate diffs and when they are driving on the road I can hear the diffs first, and then the engine noise...

I guess that's up to the wrong setting, oil type, and even the bad quality...

But still, I wanted to ask before I buy!

Are you sure it's the diffs your hearing and not the gearbox/gears?

My 309 runs a gripper diff (45/45 high preload) and is silent apart from a very light clunk on full lock at very low speeds ie. parking.
My 205 has a tran x (45/45 high preload) and is completely silent.
My brothers 309 use a tran x (45/45 low preload) and is silent apart from a light clunk occasionally on full lock at low speeds.

In other words they're quiet! Big grin

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 9th Jul 2011 at 03:37
judley

Regular

Post #53
Pardon my LSD ignorance but what is the significance of whether the car has PAS or not? Is it to do with steering weight?
Posted 9th Jul 2011 at 16:27
puglover Banned!

Post #54
an LSD will make it slightly harder to turn into the corner depending on how its set. You can set them up for gravel so basically you rely on your back end to do all the steering. LOL
Posted 9th Jul 2011 at 16:44
judley

Regular

Post #55
Another stupid question but is the Tran x diff a 2 way unit?
Posted 16th Jul 2011 at 23:04

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]