displaying posts 51 to 75 of 516

Pages (21): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Sigma to Sundance
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
I give up on "parts" in this thread

Discovered I had a machine polisher in the garage the other day so I set about making the most of the paintwork on the car, first a high abrasion wheel with Meg's ScratchX followed by a softer wheel with SwirlX, then finished off with NXT 2.0 wax and Extra Gloss Sealant. Autoglym Bumper Snot as usual, Turtlewax Nano Tech tyre dressing and Autoglym Wheel cleaner for the round bits. Not perfect but only the second car i've MOP'd ever Smile

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 13th Jun 2010 at 03:55
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
And the other update is...

Another job for tidying up some bits and pieces, noticed that the ICV pipe had split off the main inlet pipe, presumably letting the engine fill with unfiltered air Doh

Don't know how long it was like this so I set about replacing and upgrading. Saw someone's thread on here with a 90degree elbow fitted instead and, while it might not make much difference to the car, it looks shiny Cool

When i took the old pipework off I noticed another eric, whoever fitted the K&N before me didn't use the right coupler and the hose clamp had fallen off, so the filter wasn't even attached to the pipe Shock

Must have been like that for a while by the looks of it, given the fact the car RR'd at 175bhp and 143lbft i'd expect at least one of the figures to be up slightly now, not least a better torque curve. That combined with last month's full service and engine flush means she's purring smoothly now and seems to "bark" more than it did.

I also saved expense (not that it's expensive anyway) by using the old breather pipe, the dog leg shape meant the breather sat quite nicely out of the way Smile

Ingredients:

90 degree alloy pipe, 76mm OD, 150mm x 150mm
Two 4 ply silicone joiners, 76mm ID, 76mm long
Mini breather filter
4 70-90mm hose clamps
2 small hose clamps
Coupler for the breather

Before:

After

I'm not going to write any fitting instructions, it's pretty self explanatory.

Haven't taken if for a drive yet, left the battery unhooked tonight ready for an ECU reset tomorrow, football called me in the house before I had chance. Better sound from the engine now and better throttle response, no idea if that would be noticeable over a well fitted filter though Dunno

Wit the 5 mibutes I had spare I took a heat gun to the B-pillar vinyl. When i got the decals off Adam B he gave me some offcuts of matt black so I removed the old faded ones with a view to replacing them. However, once I removed them.. i kind of like it Hmm

Gonna give it a couple of days and see how it feels I think

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 13th Jun 2010 at 03:58
Lecktorious

aka G.

Post #53
Looks absolutely cracking, don't sell it! What happened to the drivers rear quarter though? Sad

Ohh if your after B Pillar stickers give me a shout as I have an OEM set sitting here that I can't shift Wink

Don't sell it either Smile

'98 Nile Blue 306 GTi 6
Posted 17th Jun 2010 at 01:29
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
Some asshole pranged it in the car park at work, conveniently the cameras were looking the other way...

Been quoted £250 to repair it, just needs pulling out and touching up though, thankfully the damage was all below the waistline of the motor and it hasn't creased. If I can get at the inside of the arch I can hopefully tap it out with a couple of bodywork hammers. We'll see though Sad

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 18th Jun 2010 at 23:12
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
Hmm I never thought i'd spot the difference between a decent wax like Meg's NXT 2.0 tech wax and a much higher priced one.. until Fathers' Day.

Wee man treated me to some Autoglym HD Wax, not cheap at £40 a pop but the tub lasts for fecking ages, used maybe half a centimetre depth out the tub and it covered the whole car!

Here's the car from a couple of weeks ago with two coats of NXT 2.0

And here's the car with the NXT removed, and one layer of HD wax:

Neither pic has been edited at all, i'm amazed I can tell such a difference, even from using less product!

Some more shinies:

Still need to treat the leather seats, black the interior plastics and hoover the car and mats, that's a job for tomorrow me thinks.

Also cured every last knocking noise with the suspension. New hub, balljoint and pinch bolt on one side, and tightened drop link on the other side. The car's deathly silent now over any bumps, just doesn't feel like a 14 year old Peugeot should LOL Tracking's sorted itself out too, steering wheel perfectly straight and no vibrating under acceleration or braking Smile

Got the group N lower mount fitted too, makes the driving experience.. interesting? Linzi likes it at idle now too Laugh my ass off

Hardest part imo was removing the old one, ran out of hacksaw blades so a combination of dremel/hammer/chisel did me proud yet again. WIN.

Old mount f*cked right off

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 21st Jun 2010 at 04:16
craigy_87

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
shit news about the prang man but seems you've done a fair bit to her recently Thumbs up

should have said when it came to the polishing and stuff i've got a fair amount of polishes etc here you could have used, as i havnt used my machine polisher in a fair bit
Posted 22nd Jun 2010 at 17:17
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
Looking good Chris. Cool

How did you fit the new mount? Did you hammer it in with the cradle still on the car or did you take it off and get it pressed in?

I need to fit mine, but can't be arsed with removing the cradle from the car.
Posted 22nd Jun 2010 at 17:34
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
Took the mount off, sawed out the old bush and then heated the mount to f*ck. New bush had been sat in the freezer for about 3 days so was nice and cold, slid in with a bit of pressure.

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 23rd Jun 2010 at 04:01
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Woop woop, payday means more shiny things Cool

Already arranged are four Rainsport 2's in 195 50 15 for the bargain price of £140 delivered, a nice Milltek decat-back exhaust 'cos i'm getting bored of the Magnex cat-back and some Alpine SXE-1725S's. Thank god i got a good bonus this month Laugh my ass off

No doubt i'll get some shiny pics at the weekend, need to go over the car with a DA again because my nephew picked up a gritty sponge and gave the car a going over.

He was opnly trying to help, bless him. So i spilled blue carpet dye over him Laugh my ass off

Oh yeah forgot to mention, been after a blue carpet for a while from an XSi but they seem rare as rocking horse shite at the minute so I tried dying mine. Didn't work but the carpet's a nice subtle bluey-grey colour now, looks brand new Love

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 04:01
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
looking very good their very good

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 05:00
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
cwspellowe wrote:
....a nice Milltek decat-back exhaust 'cos i'm getting bored of the Magnex cat-back....

I didn't think Milltek made an exhaust for the '6? Unsure
Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 05:20
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
cwspellowe wrote:
Oh yeah forgot to mention, been after a blue carpet for a while from an XSi but they seem rare as rocking horse shite at the minute so I tried dying mine. Didn't work but the carpet's a nice subtle bluey-grey colour now, looks brand new Love

Sounds interesting did not know a XSi had blue carpet Ninja

Did you dye it off the car?

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 15:41
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
From what i've heard they made a few but stopped making them years ago

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 15:41
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
ballardpaul wrote:
cwspellowe wrote:

Sounds interesting did not know a XSi had blue carpet Ninja

Did you dye it off the car?

Nope, just ripped the seats and plastics out and did it in the car. It's only a subtle difference, it just looks new now

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 15:42
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
car looks lushious. loving all the tidy mods. what you doing with the magnex? pm me if selling it.
Cheers
Seb p.s c u at pugfest??

Team SUPERCHARGED

Ninja I LIVE FOR THE 306 Ninja

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 16:32
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
Depends what happens with the Milltek.

Going to get the Magnex looked at and make sure it's all ok, no blows etc, then try the Milltek up for size. Have a slight feeling will need some [teaboy]fettling[/teaboy] before fitting but all being well the Magnex should be up for sale next week.

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 20:43
foxy6

Regular

Post #67
Hi mate, you say you removed the NXT , and one layer of HD wax, could you tell me how you removed the previous stuff cheersBig grin
Posted 1st Jul 2010 at 00:07
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
Combination of Dodo juice lime remover or whatever its called, and lots of washing.

If you can't be bothered getting chemical cleaners you can eventually wash the wax off, it wears off with time after all Smile

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 1st Jul 2010 at 00:20
sentrix

Post #69
Looks quality mate.HD wax sets it off. Yeah I had an N reg xsi that had blue carpet, I recon it would go sweet with your 6. Great write up.

Freeman
Posted 1st Jul 2010 at 05:16
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
Argh for crap's sake, the Milltek I bought off here, advertised for a 306 gti6, was off a 206 after all. Anyone knows anyone who has a 206 gti that wants a Milltek cat-back let me know Smile

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 02:50
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
send it back and get your money back Thumbs up

Team allesclar ®

Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 02:52
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
Private sale, the guy's not replying to my messages Roll eyes

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 02:53
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #73
khants!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 03:12
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
To be honest it's only £60, might have a look at the weekend and see what lines up.

Can't argue with an angle grinder and a welder Whistle

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 03:14
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #75
whang it on egay, or 206info.

I'd just get the Magnex fixed up, the pipes are fine, its just the boxes that can be iffy LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 03:25

Pages (21): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last