displaying posts 1 to 18 of 18

Author Subject: Carbotech brake pads anyone?
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi people!!

So i read in a JapCars magazine about theese brakepads. So checked their site and they seem to supply them for the 6. Apparently the brakedust of these pads does not ruin your alloys and the performances are also very good.

So does anyone on here ever tried them?

http://www.ctbrakes.com/pads.asp?Make=Peugeot&Model=306_-_XR,_XT_1.8,_2.0
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 22:09
sport1901966

Senior User

Post #2
Apologies this is possibly the most unhelpful post ever but..... does Carbotech look very much like CarBOTCH at a glance to anyone else LOL
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 22:42
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Sorry mate but I don't understand what you are refering to.

CarBotch??? Hmm...

Was just wondering if they any good, might order some for the spring/summer at one of their resellers in Switzerland.
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 22:47
jonnyboy17

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
he means the word looks a bit like 'Carbotch'.

they look ok.. but i think id stick to what is well known as being good.. Mintex FTW IMO Thumbs up

Team Dirty Black... Formerly Known as Astor

sharland wrote:
When women don't behave like they do on brazzers.com in real life it disappoints me.

rikky wrote:

the day i own a credit card is the day i saw my helmet off and fire it from a potato cannon
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 22:52
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Ok, as a non english member i take some more time to understant these sort of ''funny'' word games.

I was planning in going for Minex or Ferrodos.... but saw these in a Magazine and I thaught it might be worth asking the people here.

Thanks anyway jonnyboy Thumbs up
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 23:00
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Hopefully someone will link to the other thread on carbotech. IIRC PhillipM uses them in his buggy.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 23:28
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I had these on my evo, the noise was unbearable but for braking performance they were absolutely amazing, absolutely dicked the DS2500 pads I had in before! Had the XP8 compound.
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 23:48
paul_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
XP10 are meant to be aimed at fastmroad use, less noise.

I will be going for the CL pads though, as they are some
Posted 13th Mar 2010 at 23:55
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
jonnyboy17 wrote:
he means the word looks a bit like 'Carbotch'.

they look ok.. but i think id stick to what is well known as being good.. Mintex FTW IMO Thumbs up

They are supposed to be very good - Mintex hmm... had a few issues with them in the past although they were good until the pad fell off the backing plate.

Nothing to see here
Posted 14th Mar 2010 at 00:57
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Ok lads thans a lot for the replys!!

The CL ones paul_gti6 is refering to are the CarbonLoraine ones I suppose?? Will have to make up my mind about which ones I'm going to buy, however they are going on my standart 6, so I wont need anything superperformant.

Thanks again and have a nice week-end guys!!
Posted 14th Mar 2010 at 02:23
paul_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Just go for some DS2500s then.
Posted 14th Mar 2010 at 07:08
sport1901966

Senior User

Post #12
marco gti6 wrote:

The CL ones paul_gti6 is refering to are the CarbonLoraine ones I suppose?? Will have to make up my mind about which ones I'm going to buy, however they are going on my standart 6, so I wont need anything superperformant.

Now for a more helpful post hopefully.

I used to work with a guy who raced 205s in stock hatch and he rated the carbon loraine pads IIRC
Posted 14th Mar 2010 at 20:04
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Well rated by the Evo crowd. Very expensive pads, circa 190 quid for 406 Brembos in XP8 flavour.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 14th Mar 2010 at 22:07
paul_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
sport1901966 wrote:
marco gti6 wrote:

Now for a more helpful post hopefully.

I used to work with a guy who raced 205s in stock hatch and he rated the carbon loraine pads IIRC

Thanks for being so helpful Thumbs up
Posted 14th Mar 2010 at 22:28
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
smegal wrote:
Hopefully someone will link to the other thread on carbotech. IIRC PhillipM uses them in his buggy.

Yep, expensive, but stonking performance + very low brake disc + pad wear, which kinda makes up for the initial price, these outlast our Wilwood race pads by about 10 to 1.
Customer service is great too.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 15th Mar 2010 at 04:59
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
phillipm wrote:
smegal wrote:

Yep, expensive, but stonking performance + very low brake disc + pad wear, which kinda makes up for the initial price, these outlast our Wilwood race pads by about 10 to 1.
Customer service is great too.

Do they keep midilite pads on the shelf?

Are they noisy for the road (looking at something like XP8)

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 15th Mar 2010 at 05:09
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
Fairly quiet on the buggy, even on steel discs, they tend to be quiet if you give them some stick but noisy trundling around at low speeds, sorta like 1144's in that respect.
Not certain if he keeps the midilite pads on the shelf but it only takes a couple of days to make our weird and wonderful shaped pads up.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 15th Mar 2010 at 05:20
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
phillipm wrote:
Fairly quiet on the buggy, even on steel discs, they tend to be quiet if you give them some stick but noisy trundling around at low speeds, sorta like 1144's in that respect.
Not certain if he keeps the midilite pads on the shelf but it only takes a couple of days to make our weird and wonderful shaped pads up.

I was a bit ambiguous as long as they don't need my backing pads I'm happy but concerned about low speed noise, I may have to discuss this with them.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 15th Mar 2010 at 06:33