displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Acceleration causes "knocking"
china_306 Banned!

Post #1
Hi guys, ive endlessy searched through the transmission threads but so far have had no joy. Sad

firstly my car...

is a 1.6 phase 3 which has had the drivers side Drive shaft changed (brand new) 1 week ago.

my problem...

basically, under rapid acceleration i hear a sort of "knock" "grind" noise conbined when applying power quickly... the same sound when i try to pull off quickly or shift gears quickly from 1st to 2nd... :S i am really confused. the other driveshaft was changed not so long ago which was also brand new... i know it isnt a gti but any input/help from the true 306 owners would be much appreciated Smile

the cv joints were also changed along with both the shafts, and the drop links are intact and also brand new

thankyou

Shan
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 04:08
greenbelt

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Check the top engine mount by the fuel lines and the one under the back of the engine which the driveshaft passes through Wink

Standard Black 6
Black HBSC6 Smoke
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 04:18
china_306 Banned!

Post #3
right okay green belt, would this be the reason why the new driveshaft hasnt cured the problem. the main concern is that i hessitate to put power down now because the sound is very off putting... and how would i check these mounts? please explain im quick to learn lol
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 04:20
china_306 Banned!

Post #4
sorry also forgot to add that... the car pulls to the right which is quite noticable. it does this regardless of acceleration or normal driving and there is a wobble at 70mph........... anymore insight please people Smile
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 05:11
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
wishbones this is what mine was doing and i had a f*cked subframe haha

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 05:32
mangledmetal

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
lower arm bushes on the off side mate, either that or the ball joint.

Going through the gates of Hell Backwards, in a ball of flames!

I'll, save you a place!!
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 05:48
china_306 Banned!

Post #7
thankyou for the responce guys, much appreciated Smile. the drive shaft is ok then i take it? ill get the rest of the things checked as soon as i get a moment and let you know the verdict! one more thing which one of these diagnosis is for the "knocking"????
Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 00:06