displaying posts 1 to 19 of 19

Author Subject: Bilstein B8 Over-compressed
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I think i overloaded one of my rear shocks, this may seem like a stupid question to most but how can I tell if this is the case?

It doesn't seem to come back up as much as the other.. and that part of the car sits down a bit further...

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 15th Dec 2009 at 21:24
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
It may even be slightly wonky now if that spossible.

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 15th Dec 2009 at 21:24
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
i bent a rear shock on my saxo vts when i wos moving out and put a washer machine in the boot LOL , only noticed when i changed the rear pads and discs

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 16th Dec 2009 at 01:49
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
This was picking up those alloys from you lol

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 02:55
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
The bumpstop should have took the impact out of it, unless they're tired.

If they've hit then the shaft may be bent slightly, or the piston would have impacted the body, take it off and stroke it up and down as fast as you can and tell me what it feels like.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 04:31
cress87

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
phillipm wrote:
stroke it up and down as fast as you can and tell me what it feels like.

Unsure

Ph3 China blue GTi-6 330Ci///M Sport & NC23 CBR400RR Cool

You feed beefburgers to swans. Yes

I may have been speeding Mr Policeman but [a] I live for the 306 and [b] did you see that dog? omfg
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 04:35
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Doh

Minds out of the gutter people* LOL

*Well, those of you with ones big enough to find

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 04:37
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
philipm i took a pic you got msn or something? webzta@hotmail.com

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 05:05
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Nah, e-mail it me.

Email me!
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 05:06
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Sending now mate, they're not the best pictures ever but maybe you can see...

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 05:12
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
this is how low it went when I collected the wheels from jimmy - drove back 2 hours ish maybe 3.

pic of shock

also the little spring thing sits down/looks pressured, other side looks fine ;/

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 05:16
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Hmm, can't really see, but there's no fluid leaks there, and the bottom bolt looks straight - normally it'd bend a touch.
Bumpstop has hit the arm hard though.

It could be bent and holding the arm down I suppose, but I'd check you haven't sheared the bolt in the ARB end-plate first, it's been known to happen before.

Email me!
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 05:16
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
If you can explain in noddy terms what I can do/try that would be good :-)

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 05:17
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Take it off and see what it feels like, check under the cover to see if the shaft is bent or the seals are weeping.

Email me!
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 05:42
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #15
its too fecking low and you've broken it Thumbs up

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 16:05
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
it was setup 30mm, picked up some wheels for anth (5x17 + tyres, + 3 people.. :/ )

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 18:49
mxcrazy

Regular

Post #17
Its not just a horribly shagged beam is it? bearings fallen to bits and making the trailing arm really stiff to move?
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 20:15
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
Rear beam was rebuilt by skip browns about 10-20k ago.

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 20:25
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
Will try get the shock off this weekend with some help from someone and see what state it's in.

cress87 wrote:
Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 20:26