displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: HELP LOTS OF PROBS!!!!!
james naylor

Post #1
ive jus recently replaced my gearbox and at the same time i had a new clutch fit.previously before that i had replaced the drive shafts and now my gearbox is whirring and crunching into gears.it had new gear linkages when the box went in and the gearbox oil was changed but seems to be leaking from somewhere.i replaced the crank sensor last wk because something chewed it.there is also a ticking sound from front nearside.peugeot dont have an answer for me can anybody help??
Posted 12th Dec 2009 at 20:14
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
You sure its got enough oil in the gearbox?
Most likely to be leaking from a driveshaft seal - careful if it is as when they get low on oil the diff has a tendency to jump out through radiator.

Nothing to see here
Posted 12th Dec 2009 at 22:54
james naylor

Post #3
were wud i need to look to c pls?
Posted 12th Dec 2009 at 23:11
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Come on fella try to type properly please! Thanks!

You'll see loads of oil under the diff if it is leaking from a seal. To be fair there aren't many places it can leak from. As for the level I can't remember - have a search through the FAQ section.

Nothing to see here
Posted 13th Dec 2009 at 00:02
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #5
Take the passenger side front wheel off or turn the wheels full left lock you can see the end of the gearbox, bout 2 3rds of the way up the end of the gearbox is a little brass bolt, 13 or 14mm iirc thats the gearbox level plug! Fill the box til it starts to trickle out of this hole then put the bolt back in and thats the correct level!Wink

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 13th Dec 2009 at 00:31
james naylor

Post #6
sorry but am dyslexic and my miss was not here to halp me spellit lol. but thank you 4 all your help i well have a look soon as i can let u all no!!!!
Posted 13th Dec 2009 at 03:41