displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Oil cap/breather mayo
razzario

Junior User

Post #1
My car has a pipercross induction kit fitted with the crankcase currently venting to atmos near the throttle body assembly through a breather filter, now i seem to have mayo near the breather system inlet to the oil filler neck, is this normal for this setup? It clears after a good run.

If so i'm not overly happy with it and would like to set it up differently to stop this, anyone else plumbed in a catch can on one of these engines? or can suggest a better way of doing it?

I'm not using any coolant or oil or anything and the car runs spot on with no smoke or any signs of nastyness Unsure
Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 02:35
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
guessing its an S16 if you mention oil filler neck?

they do clog up quite quickly with goop if you only do short journeys, clean them out and take it fr a good moderately hard drive and a decent distance and it'll normally clear for a while, if it comes back with a vengeance however I'd be dubious of the headgasket.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 02:42
razzario

Junior User

Post #3
sorry yes its an s16, its not so much massive goopy clumps, more a coating. most of my journeys at the moment are about 3 or 4 miles of slow moving traffic into work Sad
Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 02:45
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Thats your problem then - they need to have a run now and then. Its not getting warm enough to get rid of the moisture properly. 205 GTis are the same. Probably nothing to worry about Thumbs up

Nothing to see here
Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 03:51
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
ive had this on my breather pipes today. it was from the dome filter down not above this at all. check the oil car and the pipe to the rocker and all seems fine........

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 9th Mar 2011 at 01:54