Posted 26th Dec 2009 at 21:54
crf450

Senior User

Post #27
easypug wrote:
The wheels are ET0 centre line offset.

Yep no good for what you want.

Quote "da g man!"
"You've only got to watch the "306 vs ringtaxi" video & you soon realise how good these mod's are! That guy is running Ash's 30mm ARB, Solid Mounts & 23mm Torsion Bars & some adjustments on the camber. Admittedly, the guy is an awesome driver, but it just go's to show how well these cars can handle with the right modification's
Posted 26th Dec 2009 at 22:29
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
That's the same problem Dan (Birk) has.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 26th Dec 2009 at 22:34
easypug

BAD SELLER

Post #29
Trial and error will commence then. I don't expect it to get the power down perfectly but for now it will be going higher rather than lower and I'll adjust as I see fit. I've got more than one set of wheels for it currently the other being 15x7 ET16. It will never truely be complete and always under development as most cars are.
Posted 26th Dec 2009 at 22:37
easypug

BAD SELLER

Post #30
phillipm wrote:

How is he over coming the problem?
Posted 26th Dec 2009 at 22:39
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
By planting into road furniture so he doesn't have to drive it Whistle

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 26th Dec 2009 at 22:53
crf450

Senior User

Post #32
easypug wrote:
phillipm wrote:

How is he over coming the problem?

Using the offset of the wheel to increase track rather than extending the wishbone enough just moves the centre of the wheel out from the steering axis centre line which will give the wheels more leverage for you to fight against every time they try and find traction.

What I was trying to say with the above was you need to achieve your wide track with longer wishbones rather than using a wheel thats dished out more, ET0 wheels stick out 15mm further each side than a ET15 wheel.

Quote "da g man!"
"You've only got to watch the "306 vs ringtaxi" video & you soon realise how good these mod's are! That guy is running Ash's 30mm ARB, Solid Mounts & 23mm Torsion Bars & some adjustments on the camber. Admittedly, the guy is an awesome driver, but it just go's to show how well these cars can handle with the right modification's
Posted 27th Dec 2009 at 02:39
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
My dimma wheels are 8" wide on the front with ET0, so surely the axis will be in the centre of the wheel, wishbones extended 40mm aswell.

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 27th Dec 2009 at 04:46
crf450

Senior User

Post #34
birk wrote:
My dimma wheels are 8" wide on the front with ET0, so surely the axis will be in the centre of the wheel, wishbones extended 40mm aswell.

Nope Dan,if your car (or front upright) was designed to run ET0 wheels, ET0 wheels would be fine but if you dished your wheels in 15mm (or stuck ET15 wheels on) your torque steer would be reduced dramatically. You may not have enough clearance on the strut to do this but fitting 406 uprights would get over this problem as the strut sits 15mm further inboard on these.
Cheers Martin

Quote "da g man!"
Posted 27th Dec 2009 at 14:26
easypug

BAD SELLER

Post #35
Small update with a picture. Plenty more to be done yet as you can see. Bonnet isn't fitted properly yet might I add.

Posted 20th Jan 2010 at 21:46
easypug

BAD SELLER

Post #36
Posted 1st Feb 2010 at 23:43
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Very cool Cool

Seems like you have a nice indoor farm area to do the work, always useful, bet you wish it was heated though!

Just Drive It
Posted 1st Feb 2010 at 23:59
easypug

BAD SELLER

Post #38
Got it back the other day for me to prep and seal the underside. Won't be starting that untill I get back from Afghanistan March time though I think. Wheels are for the time being Comp MO's with scope to change when the car is developed further down the line.

Posted 8th Feb 2010 at 00:31

Pages (2): 1 [2]