displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Safe?
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Is is safe to drive without the little torx screws which retain the front discs onto the hub? both of mine have sheared off ... which is a bit weird!
Posted 15th Nov 2009 at 20:39
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
Yes, absolutely fine. They are only there to stop the disc coming loose when the wheel is off.

Rich
Posted 15th Nov 2009 at 20:42
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #3
Yes aslong as you've tightened the wheels up to the right setting you'll be fine.

*edit* beaten by the best! Doh
Posted 15th Nov 2009 at 20:49
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yep, the wheel bolts clamp the discs on, as above, I don't think they're going anywhere with 18 tons of pressure holding them in place LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 15th Nov 2009 at 21:07
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #5
Just a pain in the arse when it comes to fitting wheels as unless you line them up perfectly first time. When you put them on the disk spins on the hub and blocks off the holes for the wheel bolts. Annoying trying to look down the holes to see if it all lines up whilst trying to support the weight of a wheel and tyre.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 20:38