displaying posts 26 to 50 of 56

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

Author Subject: My Vts (1.6.10 THE END)
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Been buying more things again this week actually, Raceland 4-2-1 manifold and some more Gti6 brakes, this time fully refurbished with new lines, seals, discs & pads! Lovely:

Also just bought some Spax PSX adjustables, Mintex 1144 rear pads and various bolts/washers/nuts to fit the cage & seats ...

TEAM: 182 Trophy & ITB'd 3 Series
Posted 9th Dec 2009 at 15:00
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #27
Coming along nicely mate Thumbs up

What did you do with the original alloys?
Posted 9th Dec 2009 at 16:42
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Flogged them to some fool on Sax-P ...

Posted 9th Dec 2009 at 22:31
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Well Sunday brought more progress, despite the minus temperatures!! 4 jumpers, scarf & beanie FTW ... Bump starting a car by yourself isnt fun though, especially when you slip over on the ice & your car carries on rolling down your drive & across the road ... oops lol.

Firstly, i thought i should take some fresh pictures now the outside is nearly 'finished' - well i've fitted new front & rear bumpers, removed the front fog lights/grille & pulled the dent on the wing out a bit more. Also removed the 'vts' badges from the rear three-quarters.

Yum

At some point i will no doubt cut a few additional holes in the front bumper for some extra cooling, no point making any brake ducts though, the bumper is now hollow & i dont have any arch liners ...

Also decided to take a picture of my (freshly 'cleaned') engine bay, now im no detailer, but it looks a lot better than it did lol:

So, after that bit of photo-based whoring, i decided that rest of the sunroof mechanism & sound deadening needed to come out. The myriad of wiring also needed to be labelled up ready for partial removal. Made sense to give it all a scrub down as well, 9 years of dirt meant that it was getting a tad minging in there ...

Oh yeah, i now have a sexy steering wheel as well Wink

After all that, i then cleaned the seats, side mounts & subframes & fitted them both in properly; Bimarco Expert for driver & Corbeau Sprint for (thin) passengers. I've also modified the subframe so that i can reach the pedals now - always a bonus!! No pictures yet, so you'll all have to wait for the next update for some awesome looking interior shots ...

Full brake setup now arrived, consisting of refurbed Gti6 front calipers, 'Grp N' discs & Ferodo DS2500 clio 1*2 pads (larger surface area than Gti6 ones!). With the 'Grp N' rear discs, Mintex 1144 pads, braided lines throughout & a Gti6 master cylinder, its safe to say that it should 'stop on a six-pence'.

So, whats next, well .... lots!!! Still got about 20 boxes of bits in sat the garage ...

Posted 22nd Dec 2009 at 02:33
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #30
Haha mines got a dent on the same wing in the same place LOL

Im sure a rallye would look bettter in that garage Whistle

*edit* and get that pass airbag out weight is the enemy!!!!! Ninja
Posted 22nd Dec 2009 at 03:28
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
roland rat wrote:
Im sure a rallye would look bettter in that garage Whistle

C*nt Yes Razz

Little (lack of) update: Last night i realised that theres not actually that long until Llandow though (Thursday 25th March) & i don't currently have a car to do it in!! As such i thought i better make a list of what still needs doing:

Done:

1. Fit new front & rear bumpers
2. Strip interior back to metal
3. Remove all sound deadening, rear wiper & fog lights
4. Fit new steering wheel & seats
5. Partially fit new exhaust
6. Replaced wheels/tyres with MOT friendly ones

To do prior to MOT:

1. Install roll cage, tidy up interior wiring (2 hours)
2. Finalise seating position & fit harnesses (1 hour)
3. Remove interior surface rust near rear tailgate (1 hour)
4. Change manifold, catalytic converter & lambda sensor (3 hours)
5. Fit new rear discs/pads & free up drivers side caliper (2 hours)
6. Change to Gti6 front calipers, discs/pads & replace drivers side abs sensor (3 hours)
7. Install Gti6 master cylinder, braided brake lines front/rear & bleed brakes (2 hours)
8. Fit quickshift to gear linkage (30 minutes)
9. Add OMP lower front strut brace (20 minutes)
10. Tidy up engine bay, ensuring that all replaced parts are securely tightened (20 minutes)
11. Full service including spark plugs, fuel filter & oil change, maybe cambelt depending on wear (2 hours)

After MOT:

1. Fit Spax suspension & fine tune to suit driving style (3 hours)
2. Install Magnex de-cat pipe (30 minutes)

As you can see, its clear i need to get on with it a bit Whistle

Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 14:00
fletch

Track Head

Post #32
2 hours to install the roll cage, bloody hell Superman
Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 14:12
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #33
dave-rallye wrote:
Little (lack of) update: Last night i realised that theres not actually that long until Llandow though (Thursday 25th March)

who's organising that day?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 15:01
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
fletch wrote:
2 hours to install the roll cage, bloody hell Superman

Thats what i was thinking! Come do mine Dave!

Just Drive It
Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 16:25
Disco_Stu

Regular

Post #35
quote:
To do prior to MOT:

1. Install roll cage, tidy up interior wiring (2 hours)
2. Finalise seating position & fit harnesses (1 hour)
3. Remove interior surface rust near rear tailgate (1 hour)
4. Change manifold, catalytic converter & lambda sensor (3 hours)
5. Fit new rear discs/pads & free up drivers side caliper (2 hours)
6. Change to Gti6 front calipers, discs/pads & replace drivers side abs sensor (3 hours)
7. Install Gti6 master cylinder, braided brake lines front/rear & bleed brakes (2 hours)
8. Fit quickshift to gear linkage (30 minutes)
9. Add OMP lower front strut brace (20 minutes)
10. Tidy up engine bay, ensuring that all replaced parts are securely tightened (20 minutes)
11. Full service including spark plugs, fuel filter & oil change, maybe cambelt depending on wear (2 hours)

I wish my project was this well planned - where you have hours I've taken days - lol

The work you have done so far looks Cool. Looking forward to see more updates.

Peugeot 306 Gti-6 Track car (soon to be supercharged)
Project page
Blog
Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 17:19
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
Big update time.

Well last time my Cliosport loving mates Ollie, Nick & I had a play with the car, we managed to snap one of the manifold bolts off in the head (well Ollie did) so whilst we managed to get the new lambda, catalytic convertor & the raceland 4-2-1 manifold on, it would all have to come back off again

Posted 9th Feb 2010 at 01:06
jonnyboy17

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
going good by the looks of it mate.. Thumbs up

cant wait till i have the money and time to do this sort of thing!

Team Dirty Black... Formerly Known as Astor

sharland wrote:
When women don't behave like they do on brazzers.com in real life it disappoints me.

rikky wrote:

the day i own a credit card is the day i saw my helmet off and fire it from a potato cannon
Posted 9th Feb 2010 at 01:29
paul_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Nice work dave, I bet these are weapons on track with the correct setup...

The megane is stripped at the mo, but I just can't bare the thought of using it only on track. I'm on the scout for something fun, a 205 gti was my first thought but the VTS' are so much car for little money hmmmmmm

We'll have to sort out another meet at some point, been too long.
Posted 9th Feb 2010 at 02:33
jimmy_boy

Senior User

Post #39
Quality update Smile

It's like reading a novel in small short chapters Whistle

GTI-6 & Rallye

Rallye gets sideways in the wet at Snetterton Ninja
Posted 15th Feb 2010 at 21:05
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #40
Anymore updates mate Wink
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 02:25
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Hope you have plenty of gearboxes Unsure
is it me or does his mate look like a younger version of Bradley Cooper LOL

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 02:53
noaki

Senior User

Post #42
eddy_gti6 wrote:
Hope you have plenty of gearboxes Unsure
is it me or does his mate look like a younger version of Bradley Cooper LOL

wow your right ^^

Team ex "manstone" - "THATS TO LOW!!"..."I KNOW!" Sad

Team defeat - bring on the *06! :/
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 02:58
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
LOL not everyday you find out you have a look-a-like mate

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 03:08
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
Whats happening with this then Dave? Wheels for sale Unsure

Just Drive It
Posted 19th May 2010 at 14:34
craigy_87

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
getting rid i believe
Posted 19th May 2010 at 16:40
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
craigy_87 wrote:
getting rid i believe

Ha ha, yup. Best give you all a little update
LOL

Well, its massive update time people!!! As you'll see below, things have progressed rather a lot over the past few weeks - mostly thanks to Mike (Budgie) and Ollie i might add ...

Firstly, rear brakes, well after the 1st MOT, it was clear by the brake test that i didnt really have any! So after half an hour or so of swearing, Mike and I had cleaned up the calipers and fitted a brand new set of Mintex 1144 pad's & Maxtorq Grp N discs. As with the front end of the car, overkill is the way forwards – especially when you consider than saxo rear brakes are a bit like clio cup's, ie rather pointless!!

Before:

After:

Soooo, now the brakes were fitted & the system bled, it was MOT time!! Despite the frankly ridiculous ride height i might add ...

The following Saturday it was booked in for the MOT, & obviously after all the superb work by me & the team, it passed 1st time Wink so off i trundled to get some Tax, whoop, whoop!!

As it happens, the chap who did the MOT also runs a 106/saxo tuning company so whilst i walked to the Post Office, he started to lower the torsion bar & fit the rear Bilsteins – yummy! 4 hours later (it was a bit stuck!) he moved to the front end, stripped down the drivers side front shock, pulled it all apart, went to fit the locking nut to the new Bilstein strut and .... oh bugger, there isnt one ... feck (bought off that dodgy CS member Budgie i might add!!). So we go to fit just the spring (so im not 45mm down at the back & standard on the front) and well, shortened Faulkner spring plus standard damper = fail. Back to standard & a rather naff drive home to say the least, handling akin to a boat iirc.

So on the Tuesday, after Mike kindly offered to lend me his Bilstein strut locking nut, Mike, Ollie and I set to work (well they did, i made the tea), as per usual much swearing ensued, but after a couple of hours, the drivers front had 'got low' ...

After a gourmet meal of KFC, whilst sat on a myriad of parts in the garage, we moved onto the passenger side & nearly got it all apart, but well, 10 year old drop link + rounded bolt (the last one) = fail. It was most certainly angle grinder time, but not at 11pm .... so we gave up & went to bed. Separate ones i might add.

Then Saturday came and my little ginger friend (Mike) re-appeared & worked his magic, despite having a humongous hangover i might add – serious dedication to the cause!! Although i was slightly scared when the angle grinder came out .... one brand new drop link later (we did the other side as well) and the passenger side was now running a Bilstein/Faulkner combo as well – awesome!! I even did some work myself ...

After that, it made sense to give it a little clean, in preparation for some much deserved whoring. Enjoy.

Mmmm, dish:

CS standard-issue Bimarco seat:

Corbeau Sprint (no fatties allowed):

Stripped (cage going in this week):

Needs tb's & cams:

Got low:

Driving wise, its absolutely blooming brilliant, soooooo much fun!!!!! Looks wise, it would probably look better a bit lower at the back, but that would compromise the handling, so thats not happening, ever. Handling wise, I havent really pushed it that much so far, but 1st impressions are that its a fantastic setup, loads of grip, super flat, but very adjustable on the throttle, the back end is certainly happy to offer its help when it comes to changing direction as well ... speed wise, its alright, certainly not going to set any records, but it pulls well enough & sounds flipping ace!! Braking, well, it can lock the wheels at 70, i think that says it all really ...

So, again, much thanks to Ollie, Mike & everyone else who's helped out with the build, I just need to service it and fit the cage now!! Then its off to Llandow on the 25th March ...

Posted 21st May 2010 at 19:24
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
Llandow = f*cking epic.

Well, its safe to say that the car is an absolute riot!! Much faster than i could ever have expected & the handling/brakes are just sublime, soo much grip & simply no brake fade whatsoever. No matter what i (& the rain) could chuck at it.

Bloody brilliant fun. Flipping, blooming brilliant. Epic f*cking car lol.

So that was Thursday, then I went for a little drive down to Pirbright on Sunday afternoon with my friend Mike (S1 Xsi 16v with Kent PT51’s) after he'd cleaned his car (i hadnt by the way, its a sl4g, dirt is cool ), so here's a few whoring shots i took.

The cars are very evenly matched i feel, his cams help, my strippedness helps. Sarah was very quiet on the trip as well, think she was fairly surprised at the speed on the thing - absolutely loved driving it when i let her have a go as well. She likened it to a go-kart lol. Anyways, hope you like:

Mike's Pugsport rules over my Magnex drainpipe btw, mine pops & bangs, but there is a distinct lack of flames unless on track Saxsport will sort that issue however ....

For the time being, uprated bars, etc would be nice, but tbh i think the setup is perfect for what i want at the moment - fun!!

Posted 21st May 2010 at 19:24
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
So, on Tuesday afternoon my new SaxSport arrived (after a 3 week wait mind you) - its based on the old Pugsport system for the 106, of which i've had 2, so one was always going to make its way onto the sexo at some point - resistance was futile as they say!! No seperate de-cat pipes here, so no shonky joints to worry about, AKA the Magnex.

Yummy:

Obviously, im a fairly impatient sort of chap, which meant that on Tuesday night we attempted to fit the SaxSport - well i did, Ollie advised & Nick stood around wondering why his brother wasnt there doing it for us

As per usual, we encountered issues which meant that it was slightly bodged on so i could get it back in the garage & we could go to football. On Wednesday, i rolled it back out & refitted both the manifold/centre section join & sealed up the backbox/centre section with copious amounts of exhaust putty. Result = no blowing, but clearly as everything is now 'Dave Tight', this is perfectly understandable!!

So from this rocket launcher/drainpipe:

To this, peashooter:

Noise wise, its sublime, really raspy on acceleration & with pops, bangs & burbles on the overrun - essentially its epic, truly epic. Bwaaaaaarrrrppppp Ninja

Posted 21st May 2010 at 19:25
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
And then i saw a Clio Trophy for sale locally, went to have a nosey around & ummm, well, bought it Unsure

Oops. Saxo is being broken on Monday, most parts are already sold & i have this sat on the driveway, as well as the Saxo & Golf Love :

Posted 21st May 2010 at 19:28
fletch

Track Head

Post #50
/project thread Laugh

Came up against one of these at Anglesey last week, kept cocking a rear wheel, lovely machines Cool
Posted 24th May 2010 at 19:17

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3