displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Rebuilding an engine
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I am looking to get an engine and then rebuild it over a while with all the parts I want to put into my engine but without the headwork of my car being off the road. I am wondering if I would be better off with an engine that is running and rebuilding that, because I have seen a few engines that do not run cheap but don't know if there are major parts that could be damaged. Would this mean that the engine is wrecked, such as if the head was warped or a ring had gone? Are there ways to check if a damaged engine isn't too damaged

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 11th Oct 2009 at 19:46
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
How did you get on with this?

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 19th Apr 2014 at 09:31
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Just finished stripping the engine that I had in the garage. It's a minter in all fairness, the bores are in excellent condition and all the existing bearings (big end and main) had no scoring or marking to them at all.

Hopefully Rich can rebuild the head and oil pump for me, and order up some forged pistons and rods and I'll be high boost by the end of the summer Big grin

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 19th Apr 2014 at 18:26