displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: My intermittent stalling
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Ye I know another thread about stalling, but please note what I have done to try and fix before you suggest a cure

My car rarely stalls these days after all the fixes i've done, but the other day after topping up my oil, it stalled about 6 times in the following 3 days, when dipping the clutch. I always use total quartz 7000 10W40; I think the last oil change was done during the service at Carl's but can mixing different manufacturers of oil have these sorts of issues?

Anyway - the list of things ive done to stop stalling:

Cleaned stepper, New ebay stepper, New genuine stepper, replacement stepper housing, unplugged power steering sensor, new power steering sensor, new air hose from throttle body to air box, MAP, lambda, green CTS, thermostat, crank sensor, cleaned inlet manifold (probably more but Ive forgotten lol)
Posted 2nd Oct 2009 at 12:47
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Did you get a new MAP sensor or just clean it?

Just Drive It
Posted 2nd Oct 2009 at 14:34
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
new mate.

The car does use a small bit of oil and so i have to top up every couple of months. I see no traces of a leak on my drive. It hasnt stalled again since those few days after topping up
Posted 2nd Oct 2009 at 18:38
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
reset the ecu mate mine felt like shit yesterday and kept stalling! took the icv out cleaned it along with all the other sensors(i no didnt have to) then reset the ecu and tada mines better

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 2nd Oct 2009 at 18:46
al4x

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
it will have nothing to do with what oil you've got in it
Posted 2nd Oct 2009 at 18:58