displaying posts 1 to 25 of 49

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: ph1 306 XSi6
:: blade ::

Senior User

Post #1
hi all, i thought i would pug a thread up of the pug ive got, had it for about 2yrs, and about 4months ago when i was getting ready to go to combe the thrust bearing went in the gearbox, so couldnt go there in my car, i had bought a gti lump to go in 8 or so months prior, so thought i might aswell fit it now the cars not working. took about 3 months f just doing a bit at a time each night and waiting for parts to arrive, but finally a week back i had it finished and is now on the road, and i love it, love the power its got now, but i may do some more engine mods once ive sorted the body work out, here are a few pics for you as to how it stands today.

and how it was with the 17s

mods so far:

- GTi-6 engine and gearbox
- ph1 GTi half leather seats and doorcards to match
- 17" white dare V2 alloys
- 15" 205 GTi rims (track use)
- lowerd 40mm rear and 50mm front on bilstien suspension
- black halo headlights with 6000k HIDs
- ph2 rear lights
- a different spoiler
- tints all around
- magnex cat back system with decat and 4" backbox
- GTi brake conversion
- dewipered rear

next on the list to do will be to sort the bodywork out so will be respraying the bumpers fitting ph2 bump strips (might ever de strip yet), and give it a full detail with a machine polisher to get rid of all the nasty swirls.

cheers Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
161.8BHP (Getting Better!!!!)
Posted 23rd Sep 2009 at 04:09
saint

Post #2
hey dude where did u get the head lights? and what's the name?
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 08:38

Senior User

Post #3
Theres no name for them and got them off ebay

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 16:35
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Looks quite today mate Yes

Did you do the conversion yourself?

saint wrote:
hey dude where did u get the head lights? and what's the name?

Aren't they called prohector headlights or something? Unsure

If the ones fitted to the OP's car are Halo lights, I guess it's these

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 17:47

Senior User

Post #5
Yep did the conversion myself, yea think they are projector headlights been 2yrs since i bought them. Glad u like tho.

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 18:06
ben306

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Surprised it ever run with the lack of know how you had haha.

Seriously tho, good for you for having a go and getting it done Smile

My 306 Rallye Project Thread

Few recent Youtube track videos, more on my channel
Pair of Rallye's doing a few laps of Anglesey

Lap of Anglesey Coastal

3 sisters circuit

Few laps at Blyton
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 19:14

Senior User

Post #7
Im surprised to ben.lol, i never thought it would actually start haha but it did, will let you have a looksie when your back over here Smile and yea not bad considering i didnt have a clue what i was doin and it being my 1st conversion Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 21:07
jeff6

Regular

Post #8
car Looks good mate Thumbs up , so is the engine running ok now , did it stop tapping , and does it go well Smile
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 21:32

Senior User

Post #9
yea its running well mate, need to change the oil again soon as ive done over 1k miles in about 2weeks, and yea it pull well, really happy with it, just a few bits i need to sort other than that all is well Smile its getting rolling roaded on the 4th october, with a few off here i think .cant wait to see what power its actually got Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 24th Sep 2009 at 23:10
hbutler

Regular

Post #10
Sorted the strut brace problems yet?
Posted 30th Oct 2009 at 03:47

Senior User

Post #11
yea sorted now, reaised the rear of the bonnet slightly, cant really tell ive raised it Smile so all is well,

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 13th Nov 2009 at 00:54

Senior User

Post #12
well, not updated this in a while so here goes Smile

had the pug on the rollers on saturday at RS Tuning in Leeds Smile didnt get a bad result, but its running abit lean, so need that sorted, but i got 161.8bhp with 146lbft, which is more than when i went on a few months back Big grin so sometime this yr i hope to have it at around 180bhp Big grin

heres a vid

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7KXkuLVZCU[/URL]

coming off the rollers

just a tad dirty

not been cleaned in a few weeks, looks abit sorry for itself, will have it all sorted once the weather pics up Smile

altho it is very dirty atm, i cleaned it after the pics were taken, so will get some after pics tomoz for you Smile

some engine shots, (very dirty after slight oil leak a few weeks back)

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 9th Mar 2010 at 01:03

Senior User

Post #13
Thought i would update this for ya Smile

well nothing much has happend to the pug, passed its MOT last week, got a few probs with it i need to sorts, as the steering has gone all funny, and i have an amazing 1wd system goin on, onther than that all is well, some pics for ya to have a look see from saturday when i went to castle combe

enjoy

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 27th Apr 2010 at 00:34
tez_306

Junior User

Post #14
lotsa body roll ^!
Posted 27th Apr 2010 at 08:33

Senior User

Post #15
well i think its time for abit of an update, i resprayed the bump strips on the bumpers as they were looking abit tatty, so did it so it looked half reasonable for FCS so heres how it went

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 20th Jul 2010 at 22:56

Senior User

Post #16

i now know how to machine polish aswell Big grin so will be doing th car at somepoint, and i also could be wet sanding the whole car aswell Big grin might save on a full respray Big grin

well finally done the front bumper today, not the best colour match t be honest as the paint on the bumper is stonechipped to hell, so will be sanding that down along with the rubstrip once the lacquer has hardend properly, and see what i can do to get it to match a little better, but here are the pics, muchos better than before Smile

well, i finally have a clean car Smile well the white dats are still there, tried the DA again, but couldnt shift them so gave up, washed and dried it, then waxed it, and heres the pics Smile

nice reflection shot (front bumper bump strip)

and the clean car Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 20th Jul 2010 at 22:57

Senior User

Post #17
the new plan for the car now is to get another bumper and fiberglass a cold air feed into it and smooth in the top line, and respray, fit the standard airbox in place when i find out how, and have the airfeed to it, fit the gas flowed throttle body, and give it another service Smile and then itll be time for another rolling road to see if the air feed makes any difference, as i dont think where the filter is at the mo is doing any good behind the rad.

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 20th Jul 2010 at 23:01
rikky 🦔

Post #18
looks smart, only thing i dislike is that spoiler, the std spoilers look miles better Yes

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 21st Jul 2010 at 03:57

Senior User

Post #19
rikky wrote:
looks smart, only thing i dislike is that spoiler, the std spoilers look miles better Yes

wasnt too keen on the std spoiler that was on it, wanted something abit different, and not seen that many 306s with this, so thought i would get this Smile, in the middle of modding a front bumper for this now, will be smooth and have a cold air feed in it, will post pics for when its time to colour spray it

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 23rd Aug 2010 at 22:51

Senior User

Post #20
went to combe at the weekend on the action day and had abit of track time, so heres a vid and some pics Smile

click here

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 14th Sep 2010 at 03:57

Senior User

Post #21
Well just been tinkering with the car again, i bought some new gear linkages off Miles (cheers Big grin) for my shed Big grin just fitted them and what a swine it was to get the old ones off, but finally did it Big grin soo much difference for the better, works well with the quick shift that is on there, so all in all a good buy

Next on the list is to get the tracking and balencing sorted and sort either the wishbones out or something in that region as ive got a random wheel wobble goin on, and i cant find why its happening so once that is sorted i can move on to rebuilding my new beam

no pics as it was getting dark and i was getting frustrated Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 22nd Oct 2010 at 02:12

Senior User

Post #22
Well i think its time for a bit of an update. For the past month or so i have been suffering from a stupid idle problem i couldnt find the cause of, changed allsorts to no avail, so thought i would pop on my new bits that i have had for a few weeks, so onto the pics.

removed inlet

bit of a closeup of all the valves looking fan-dabi-dozie

was abit worried that the valves were bent or something but im happy with the outcome

the inlet

as you can see, the tard who had the inlet powdercoated didnt take the coating off the face of the inlet so it was all bubbling and not fitting flush, so that is now down to bare metal and flat again.

some insides of the inlet with the coating in them, (hope all is well with that)

and here it is with the bung in place

next on the list now i have done that is to clean the head and fit it all and hope my idling is fine.

should be another update of the outcome of the bung and ptfe gasket if all is well with them

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 15th Dec 2010 at 05:28

Senior User

Post #23
well here are a few more of the pics what i got tonight

clean face of inlet (took me ages)

gasket in place

all pretty much back together Smile

well, so far i have sorted the idling problem at long last Big grin soo happy about that, and with the removal of resonator i have noticed a slight increase in the induction noise and seems to pull abit better aswell, not sure if it has done anything with the bhp or not im not too sure on but will find out next time its on the rollers Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 16th Dec 2010 at 02:50
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #24
Thats pretty shocking, how much of the powder coat on the inside of that inlet has been flaking off and going through the cylinders? Crazy

The coating would never have stuck properly as they are covered in an oily film on the inside which would be almose impossible to shift completely without cutting open the inlet to clean it. Nice colour though! Wink

EDIT: You can even see debris in your inlet ports in most of your photos! Get some clean rag stuffed in the ports as soon as you get the inlet off next time mate. God knows what can fall in there otherwise Blink

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 16th Dec 2010 at 20:01

Senior User

Post #25
Aye i know bout that, checked the ports in the inlet to see if any more would flake and there wasnt any, with the bits in the head i got them out before putting the inlet back on, i put a rag in aswell as soon as the inlet was away ffrom it, all seems well now tho, traveled 40miles so far and its not missed a beat Smile

Black Ph1 XSi-6
Posted 17th Dec 2010 at 01:06

Pages (2): [1] 2