displaying posts 76 to 100 of 101

Pages (5): first .. 3 [4] 5

Author Subject: better handling without strutbrace
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
denwar wrote:
lukejenks101 is welsh pugs bum boy i think, there blowing the fart hole off each other, there licking each others cream filled corn hole. as those ENGLISH boys do.

1. I have never met welshpug in my life and 2 it seems like the falcock boys are the ones bumming eachother, take your cocks out of eachothers mouths and grow up Thumbs up

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:20
denwar

Regular

Post #77
there you go,....adam is talking sense, he must be a real driver like the rest of us, no silly bars under the engine bay... and as for lukejenks101, i have forgoten more then you know, your knowledge of cars can obviously be writen down on the back of a postage stamp...

denwar
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:24
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #78
denwar wrote:
as those ENGLISH boys do.

Laugh my ass off

does the user name not give it away somewhat?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:25
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
welshpug! wrote:
denwar wrote:

Laugh my ass off

He wasn't talking about us there Mei... I don't see the point in adding so much weight to the car when the point of it is a bit mute. Also prefer to spend money on stuff that is proven to work.

Nothing to see here
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:29
rich-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
What a bunch of f*cking Lemons Laugh my ass off

Cool

RIP Pete Sims
jcphat

Seasoned Pro

Post #81
I don't care where you live or where you come from but playground language isn't clever or funny. Many toddlers do it- they learn a few rude words and can't stop repeating them and some kids of school age carry on. So, get over it and learn to agree or disagree like grown ups- otherwise go away.

New Forum same high quality intellectual debate!
Team Zimmer™
davidmartin

Seasoned Pro

Post #82
welshpug! wrote:
denwar wrote:

Laugh my ass off

Are you welsh then Meirion? LOL

pet hate, the cat
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:30
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #83
denwar wrote:
there you go,....adam is talking sense, he must be a real driver like the rest of us, no silly bars under the engine bay... and as for lukejenks101, i have forgoten more then you know, your knowledge of cars can obviously be writen down on the back of a postage stamp...

Are you 10 years old or something? Im not saying i know loads about cars and what is good etc, all i said was welshpug probably knows more than you lot, i have a strut brace and i noticed a difference, although you know more so i better not say anything Roll eyes crawl back in your hole you c*nt Thumbs up

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:30
denwar

Regular

Post #84
not really, no. at least people are able to recognise where im from, where is that place you come from ???? sorry for my ignorance, i read it as the black hole of calcuta.. boyo.

denwar
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:31
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #85
denwar wrote:
not really, no. at least people are able to recognise where im from, where is that place you come from ???? sorry for my ignorance, i read it as the black hole of calcuta.. boyo.

For gods sake at least spell calcutta correctly. Are you playing the strange but often used "scot-with-a-chip-on-their-shoulder" game by trying to (badly) abuse everyone? Just how have you got to 83 posts without being banned?!

Nothing to see here
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:38
denwar

Regular

Post #86
wa dingy... slaver

denwar
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:40
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #87
Cwmcarn? google it Thumbs up

I agree Adam, I doubt we push these cars hard enough as they are with road tyres and relatively soft suspension to warrant their fitment, even though people comment they can feel the difference Huh?

250-300bhp+ and some mega grippy stiff suspension and tyre setup would likely place a hell of a lot more stress through the turrets.

Here's a 306 MAXI

not all of them run one though, but they do have substantial inner wing reinforcements welded in where the PAS reservoir normally sits.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:44
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #88
I felt the difference in my 205, but the shell was fooked in that...
Bet you don't tell someone to google Cwmcarn everyday LOL

That reinforcement would be to help the engine mount though wouldn't it? Similar to loads of Group A 306/205s i've seen with solid mounts.

Nothing to see here
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:45
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #89
nope Laugh my ass off funny that it gives you a nice google map though.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 03:45
jcphat

Seasoned Pro

Post #90
Great part of the world- I have friends up from Llanvihangelcrucorney- although I am not sure I have spelt it correctly!!
Btw if people won't post in a civilised way.... just report the thread.

Team Zimmer™
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 04:09
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #91
Spot on Spelling, though it does have a space in it, Llanvihangel Crucorney Smile

Adam probably knows it better than me as he's from that area, I'm actually a notherner LOL

Welsh Northerner that is Wink

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 04:17
jcphat

Seasoned Pro

Post #92
Tempted by a sneaky edit- but my error has been immortalised by your post.....

Team Zimmer™
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 04:17
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #93
crf450 wrote:
phillipm wrote:
Should do, there's a fair bit of camber change on the lower subframe which doesn't help the turn in, it twists across the front legs on the spot welds.
Stitch-welding it helps too.

How do you know that the lower subframe twists Phil?

I put my old one under the press, loaded the outer wishbone up with 550kg to simulate a decent cornering speed on road tyres, and measured the flex across it with a DTI.

Unlike most of the cocks on here posting at the minute, some of us have imperical evidence...

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 04:22
crf450

Senior User

Post #94
When you say you put it under a press I'm not sure what you mean.You dont dont need me to tell you that the frame needs to be bolted onto the shell before you can simulate any stress on it.Then I'd of thought to simulate the loads that its under in use you'd have to pull at one side whilst pushing at the the other which would be very hard to do. In my opinion top or bottom strut braces are little more than excess weight.

Quote "da g man!"
"You've only got to watch the "306 vs ringtaxi" video & you soon realise how good these mod's are! That guy is running Ash's 30mm ARB, Solid Mounts & 23mm Torsion Bars & some adjustments on the camber. Admittedly, the guy is an awesome driver, but it just go's to show how well these cars can handle with the right modification's
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 04:44
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #95
The mountings were bolted into the side supports of the press frame, obviously this doesn't flex as much as the front part of the chassis would, but given most of the flex is across the front legs of the subframe the difference is fairly minimal.
IIRC there was just over 1.4mm of flex in the front outside leg, about half a mm on the inside leg, the strut brace dropped that to just under 0.4mm on both legs.

It doesn't matter so much on a car such as yours as it's so low the load transfer will be lower, and flex will be more even across both legs anyway. In that case, I'd just seam weld the subframe to stiffen both legs and leave it at that, especially if you've got the solid engine mounts in as that will cause the engine block to act as a stressed member.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 05:32
pugsta78

Junior User

Post #96
Somehow i just cant see the point or need for Phill to say hes done something he hasnt! Christ his work and fabrication skills are second to none, surely your not going to disbelive what hes said??
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 04:52
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #97
He knows enough about cars to have his own opinion on what works for him, and his car, I'm just stating what I've measured, and felt.

Email me!
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 05:20
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #98
WTF happened to my thread lol!

Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 05:01
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
where did these tools come from? lol Laugh my ass off

i found it better with but i might take mine off just to see if its worse now i have gotten used to it Smile

Team allesclar ®

Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 05:01
jcphat

Seasoned Pro

Post #100
It isn't a case of believing or not both have well deserved reputations. Phil is a talented engineer whose work is tested to the limit in hard use- so is crf450 whose setting up of a 6 is objectively top stuff. The answer is I suspect that the build of crf450's car is so good and so stiff that any deflection is within his driving skill to use or overcome-so a pair of braces would add more in weight than in usefulness. His video proves there is nothing he needs in this line. Most people driving cars nearing 10 years old enthusiastically may need some extra chassis stiffness.
Good discussion though!!

Team Zimmer™
Posted 13th Oct 2009 at 05:03

Pages (5): first .. 3 [4] 5