displaying posts 26 to 36 of 36

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: New Engine Transplant
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
The car suspension (rear beam) has been adjusted more times than i care to mention but is close to being finalised ... going for full tracking tomorrow.

I planned to do an early service as the new engine had been in storage for a period of time. I am not sure how garages turn around a service in 1-3 hours ... seems to take me so much longer.
Just completed Air filter, Oil filter, fuel filter, Plugs, Engine Oil, gerbox oil, bleed brakes, steering fluid and the niggle list: reconditioned injectors, adjust handbrake to give more rear braking, check all sensors, doors closing, wipers, front seat rails, boot closure, drivers window and reverse light and throttle cable adjustment.

massive thanks to Mad Professor and his injector service Thumbs up I now have silent injectors.

the aftermarth ...

reconditioned injectors

Fitted Oil catcher (thanks Jose for the help)

Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 03:58
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
I could not find a way to incorpoate the one way valve in the oil return OEM setup ... so just used two pipes for the oil catcher.

Any advice on this welcome, ty.
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 04:00
pooouk

Regular

Post #28
iplay wrote:
adjust handbrake to give more rear braking,

How does that work then....???

Nick

AKA nick on 205gtidrivers.com
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 04:10
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
pooouk wrote:
iplay wrote:
adjust handbrake to give more rear braking,

How does that work then....???

Nick

Tightening the handbrake gives the rear brakes less travel. When the foorbrake is applied the rear brakes bind faster/harder in relation to the fronts.
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 04:44
rikky 🦔

Post #30
not sure on your catch setup as i cant see the tank very well, i blocked the recirc off and ditched it all, i now run a mocal tank breathing dirext from top and bottom outlets on the block itself running to both outlets on the catch tank

then again mine is so far from standard nothing is comparible to a standard 6 engine setup really Doh

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 04:55
pooouk

Regular

Post #31
quote:
quote:

Tightening the handbrake gives the rear brakes less travel. When the foorbrake is applied the rear brakes bind faster/harder in relation to the fronts.

Why do you need more rear braking? Do you have a problem with the rear brakes?

The above statment is bo***cks by the way.....

Nick

AKA nick on 205gtidrivers.com
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 13:12
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
pooouk wrote:
Why do you need more rear braking? Do you have a problem with the rear brakes?

The above statment is bo***cks by the way.....
Nick

The rears felt like they were not working at all. It might have been copper grease on the rear pads which I cleaned up with brake cleaner when I adjusted the handbrake. Or taking it easy for the last month with no blasts prior to servicing the car yesterday. The brakes might just need a good work out to remove any glazing from driving around slowly.
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 20:11
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
rikky wrote:
not sure on your catch setup as i cant see the tank very well, i blocked the recirc off and ditched it all, i now run a mocal tank breathing dirext from top and bottom outlets on the block itself running to both outlets on the catch tank

I am a bit concerned about ditching the standard one way valve in the setup above. Blocking off the recirc and adding a breather makes a lot of sense.
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 20:08
jcphat

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
How about some new hoses? Rubber perishes with age so might be worthwhile? Minty Mcmint!!

New Forum same high quality intellectual debate!
Team Zimmer™
Posted 1st Apr 2010 at 20:23
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
jcphat wrote:
How about some new hoses? Rubber perishes with age so might be worthwhile? Minty Mcmint!!

The hoses on the Oil catcher, bottom radiator and brake are new Wink
Posted 2nd Apr 2010 at 01:13
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
pooouk wrote:
Do you have a problem with the rear brakes?Nick

Had a closer look at the rear pads ...

Doh
Posted 2nd Apr 2010 at 01:09

Pages (2): 1 [2]