displaying posts 201 to 225 of 280

Pages (12): first .. 8 [9] 10 .. last

Author Subject: Custom Cages at discount rates!
rikky 🦔

Post #201
i thought my garage was being robbed the other night. has been robbed before and they took all my powertools and a torch with no battery Blink Angry

heard noises, started firing at the garage asbestos roof with an airsoft pistol and marched round only to see the woman there changing her brake pads on her 1970's mountain bike at 1am. like you do..

i'm actually dying to go back round and attck this dashboard but i absolutely have to resist or i'm going to be banned from leaving the house soon

time to scour yell.com for a nut and bolt place and a welder who doesnt charge the earth to come out Unsure

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 05:17
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #202
It's better than that bugger that keeps hacksawing at 1am...

Wanna borrow a Rottweiler, he's great, 11 stone, never, ever runs out of energy and he's as thick as a concrete block, if someone comes in he'll probably just headbutt them to death as he hasn't quite got the brains to work out how to stop running...

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 05:18
rikky 🦔

Post #203
there no light in the garage though unless i turn it on??? she was sat in the dark with an allen key

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 05:17
rikky 🦔

Post #204

useful for somerthing atleast.

Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 05:26
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #205
LOL

She want to hoover the workshop floor?

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 05:34
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #206
phillipm wrote:
LOL

She want to hoover the workshop floor?

If she hoovers your workshop 'floor' you will end up with a hole in the ground!LOL

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 16:50
puglover Banned!

Post #207
has anyone kicked off about the front hoops yet?

dont want to order one untill its sorted.
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 17:09
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #208
Some bas**rds sent me a stress managment booklet back with the recovery driver LOL

Email me!
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 17:24
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #209
Unless anyone is closer to Daventry, I'll be dropping my car off with them to do a re-measure. Apparently, they are on their 3rd different CNC bending machine since they came up with the original design for this cage (10 years ago ish.) and during the changes some errors have crept in that have'nt become apparent as they have only sold the clubman cages until the recent rash of challenge spec. cages of late.

If anyone is close with a stripped or partially stripped car that they can spare for a couple of days can you let me know?

Thanks.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 18:23
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #210
Well, at least they're sorting it out, wonder what's happening with people that have bought one and just fitted it where it landed then?

Their MSA certificate must be invalid too, as it's not the homologated design Dunno

Email me!
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 19:22
puglover Banned!

Post #211
what do you mean phill homologated??

when i fit my cage its pretty important that it would pass all the regs if need be.

theres to many regs though it seems, msa qualified welders and so on Roll eyes
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 19:27
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #212
Well, their cages are tested as the original design, which allows them to give you an MSA certificate for a cage that doesn't follow the standard blue-book design, so if the cages that have been installed over the past few years are different to the original design, the cert. might not still be valid, as they've got two extra kinks in the a-pillar tubes.
Might not be enough to make any difference to the certificate though as that part does follow the BB, so Dunno

New ones should be spot on if they're sorting it out though.

Email me!
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 19:45
puglover Banned!

Post #213
phillipm wrote:

New ones should be spot on if they're sorting it out though.

LOL
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 19:49
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #214
I can let them have the bend angles and rotation for a million quid Whistle

Email me!
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 19:56
dhampton

Seasoned Pro

Post #215
Jim please could you let me know their conclusions/measurements as we've got a cage sitting here and I'd rather get the correct bars together before fitting! I will speak to them in the mean time.

Clio 182 FF 306 Rallye (track) 306 Gti-6 Megane R26 Clio 172 Cup (track) 106 Rallye S2 (track) 306 Rallye Saxo VTR 106 Zest2
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 19:56
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #216
Have you rung them to double check yours are as bad?

There's gonna be a voodoo doll of me in the CC offices... LOL

Email me!
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 19:57
dhampton

Seasoned Pro

Post #217
No, but we will do. Their job is bending bars in the right place though, if they cant do that Doh

Clio 182 FF 306 Rallye (track) 306 Gti-6 Megane R26 Clio 172 Cup (track) 106 Rallye S2 (track) 306 Rallye Saxo VTR 106 Zest2
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 20:10
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #218
dhampton wrote:
Jim please could you let me know their conclusions/measurements as we've got a cage sitting here and I'd rather get the correct bars together before fitting! I will speak to them in the mean time.

I doubt they will be giving out their measurements to me or anyone else, if you also have this double bend and a gap on your tunnel brace bar I suggest you make contact with CC before you attempt to fit the cage. If you leave it until sometime next week before you call them because I aim to drop the car with them Thursday evening and collect it on my way back from the trackday Friday afternoon. After then they should have all the measurements they need.

Harness bars
Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 22:21
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #219
oh so this order could take a bit of time to go through? May jump in on it then
Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 00:20
puglover Banned!

Post #220
im in on this Yes
Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 00:55
rikky 🦔

Post #221

be warned you have to cut your dash to f*ck to say the least LOL lucky i took my time and got it really need with all curved edges etc and didn't upset previous flocking. jobs a good'un

been in garage since 8am Blink dropped zorst and fixed eyelets, all wiring back in, painted fully, dash cut and installed. almost done with it now, just gotta get some bars welded into the shell

can tidy floor wiring up when the bars are welded

good cage - when they fit LOL

Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 00:58
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #222
LOL
The steering wheel looks even dafter with the dash on Razz

Did it come in a Kellogs Cornflakes box? Whistle

Email me!
Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 00:59
rikky 🦔

Post #223
Flip i like it. bit small but easy to get used to

not a cheap momo wheel yanno Whistle

gotta move battery box an inch to the left aswell as the GRP lid catches the cage now Doh

oh nothing underneath is disturbed from your welding, just one small patch of underseal that has peeled back in the front left A pillar base which i've just cleaned up. will be going up on ramps to be tackled

Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 01:02
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #224
Well, at least your steering is fairly light, it'd be a right bas**rd with a fast rack, mine's bad enough with a decent sized wheel.

I was under it with a soaked fire-blanket to try to stop too much of your underseal from dripping off Thumbs up

Email me!
Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 01:02
rikky 🦔

Post #225
very kind of you, i see you like my car so much you can do some more work on it if you like Whistle

Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 01:08

Pages (12): first .. 8 [9] 10 .. last