displaying posts 26 to 34 of 34

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Fiat Cinquecento track car
monkeyman

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Cheers gtomi-6 , the third guy in the build is a bit of a Fiat fanatic, so will be doing the engine work. If we can get hold of a 1.4 turbo that should be fun, but the car is so light the standard will probably be more than enough. It would be good to contact your guy about the turbo mods, but that will likely be next year / summer.

Spanner Monkeys Monkey Spanner
Forum Search Clicky
Posted 27th May 2009 at 17:36
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
SteviePut wrote:
Needs loweringWhistle

needs binning!!!!! lol
keep up the work monkeyman that panda gt engine will be plenty quick enough for starters...

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 28th May 2009 at 01:41
markoblaze6

Post #28
monkeyman wrote:
Cheers gtomi-6 , the third guy in the build is a bit of a Fiat fanatic, so will be doing the engine work. If we can get hold of a 1.4 turbo that should be fun, but the car is so light the standard will probably be more than enough. It would be good to contact your guy about the turbo mods, but that will likely be next year / summer.

only do the 1.4t as a rear mount as the weight will cause massive handling problems and you have too chop the iner arches too get it in then weld it all back in again plus bonnet will need a bulge as the 14t sits higher .. look on http://www.fiatforum.com for turbo options and even a super charged 1242 punto

(i got a 1242 engined seicento with extras)
Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 01:17
spike_uk06

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Cool! LOL I like, i'm guessing you're putting a full cage in? Those cars are terrible in accidents just fold...LOL

Team China
Team Pirelli
Team Cracked Bumper
20th Nov 1999 she was born
Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 01:34
antn1.b

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
here's my little fart box. had it as a stop gap whilst waiting for insurance pay out.
was actually good fun until you hit a dual carriage way or puddles going up hill, the lack of weight and wider wheels made it sit on top of the puddles and spin!

Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 07:04
monkeyman

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Cheers markoblaze, progress has been very slow recently, with only the new seat being fitted.

Will have another go at stuff this weekend, but need to get new brake lines in, then engine.

Forum Search Clicky
Posted 14th Jul 2009 at 16:12
markoblaze6

Post #32
monkeyman wrote:
Cheers markoblaze, progress has been very slow recently, with only the new seat being fitted.

Will have another go at stuff this weekend, but need to get new brake lines in, then engine.

what brakes you using coz for a cheaper than 4 pots punto turbo fronts are a bolt for bolt swap u need too run 14"s though and there is an adaptor plate available @fiatforum too use uno turbo rear disks and pads Razz

my weekend beast well now it very near too finished it is Big grin
Posted 22nd Jul 2009 at 03:35
monkeyman

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
The guy who owns it has just been to the 'Ring in his 500, and has been fixing and uprating that car.

Brakes are becoming a headache with just too many options. May go for uprated Fiat, or some Alfa Brembos, or Wilwoods.

We need to get the pedals, brake lines and other stuff put in first.

Forum Search Clicky
Posted 22nd Jul 2009 at 18:26
markoblaze6

Post #34
monkeyman wrote:

Brakes are becoming a headache with just too many options. May go for uprated Fiat, or some Alfa Brembos, or Wilwoods.

i have the punto turbos with drilled and groved discs and some green stuff pads stopping is a humungous improvement on the standard set up

what i did was buy of fleebay all 4 discs for the punto turbo then sell the rear discs too a standard owning seicento/cinquecento owner as they are the same size for that models fronts there fore recouping most of money laid out for the discs
Posted 22nd Jul 2009 at 18:45

Pages (2): 1 [2]