With seemingly endless birthdays, moves, holidays, weekends away etc and me getting depressed at the lack of progress I decided (and told the missus
) much of the next few months was to be spent finishing off the build.
I set about building the bottom end:
Bearing clearances were then measured and checked.
Shells and Crankshaft were put in place and the main bearings torqued down.
Time to crack out the shiny bits
Pistons were fitted to the rods with gudgeon pins in place.
Next up the rings...
I didn't want to hide these away in the block as they are beautiful bits of kit, but the engine wouldn't really work well without them...
Fitting the pistons to the cylinders...
Big ends with L19 ARP bolts torqued up. (These bolts have a tensile strength of ~40,000psi more than ARP2000 bolts
Engine was turned over and everything was moving nicely.
Now was the time to crack out the multiple bags of bolts I labelled up over a year ago
Some of the labels had deteriorated