displaying posts 1 to 17 of 17

Author Subject: 306 xsi 8v to 306 xsi 16v help
vitaly

Post #1
hello....Smile))
pleas i need help i just put the 16v engen to 306 xsi 8v and i need all the diagram of electricity wire loom to chang the engen diagram to 16v tnx
Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 00:50
dennis1987

Senior User

Post #2
would it not be cheaper to find a 16v xsi instead of transplanting an engine to gain an extra 8 valves, but i would imagine the wiring is almost the same a 6 there might be a FAQ somewhere

Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 13:08
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
This is not a project yet Roll eyes Can it be moved to electrical or something?

Just Drive It
Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 14:48
vitaly

Post #4
i need the wiring diagrams of 306 xsi 8v
and the 306 xsi 16v pls help i am stuck i need to chang the wiring in my car coz i chang the engen from 8v xsi forst generation to a 16v engen second generation so i need to chang all the wiring loom ... anyone have a link or something or autodata pls??
Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 21:28
craig_xsi

Junior User

Post #5
I will look in the Haynes manual for you mate at the back see if they are both in there.
Posted 30th Oct 2008 at 22:45
ted

Senior User

Post #6
might be more work but could you use the complete 16v loom ?

Monkey see monkey do
Posted 31st Oct 2008 at 15:38
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I'm not sure at how to do it but may i congratulate you on your english considering your abroad and somewhere i've never heard of Smile

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 1st Nov 2008 at 04:09
spofrcld

Post #8
hello, im a friend of the owner of this 306 xsi, and i might aswell give yall some backround on this car.

basically, were from israel, thats probably why you never heard about haifa(its in israel duh..). Israel doesnt really love car enthusiasts and cars in general, which basically makes every mod, or even the slightest change illigal. now, i dont say that we dont have modded cars, were still jewish, so we do, but we just have to be a bit more creative to make illigal things legal, and thats basically what we did here.we cant put a 6 lump, and make the car legal without putting a decent amount of money in the right pockets, so we decided to put the xsi 16v in, which can be legalized pretty easily, and the give it some 6 parts (cams, inlet and exhaust manifold) and chip the comp, and u can get a pretty close figure to a 6, without having one, basically.

And here we need your help. most of the things are wired already, and the car starts and goes, but has no dials, so we cant even know engines temp, which is pretty much bad..
so, if someone can get the diagrams for the wiring looms of both cars, and even better, put a finger on the right wires, wed be really happy!

thanx!

The more time I spend under a french one, the more I wish I had a german.
Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 15:53
spofrcld

Post #9
ted wrote:
might be more work but could you use the complete 16v loom ?

oh, and we dont have the whole loom, because the engine was shipped from europe with only the comp and its loom..

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 15:58
sacko_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
spofrcld wrote:
now, i dont say that we dont have modded cars, were still jewish, so we do,

LOL

Will have a look on autodata tonight and see what diagrams there are..

Build Date - 30 September 1997 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 16:09
spofrcld

Post #11
thanx mate!

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 16:21
rikky 🦔

Post #12
i don't understand?

if you are dropping a 16v xsi engine into an 8v xsi shell and replacing the existing 8v, you don't need to mess with wiring. it all plugs up to the multiplug loom just fine, assuming you are using the 16v engine with the 16v loom

i've got an s16 engine [16v xu10j4 rfy] in my 8v shell, plugged in fine, only thing i did was ewir the speedo to electrical

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 16:33
spofrcld

Post #13
rikky wrote:
i don't understand?

if you are dropping a 16v xsi engine into an 8v xsi shell and replacing the existing 8v, you don't need to mess with wiring. it all plugs up to the multiplug loom just fine, assuming you are using the 16v engine with the 16v loom

i've got an s16 engine [16v xu10j4 rfy] in my 8v shell, plugged in fine, only thing i did was ewir the speedo to electrical

that was also my thought, but then i found out that there is much difference in the multiplugs..

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 17:18
rikky 🦔

Post #14
must be different across the continent etc then? you can practically get any british (UK) XU engine working in any XU shell without messing about with the multiplug looms to be honest from what i have heard and seen

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 17:36
spofrcld

Post #15
interesting, so you say that putting a 6 lump, which is xu, into a 205 gti, which also had an xu engine in(of course!) isnt an elecrical issue in the uk?! well, now you really made me anxious to move to the UK!Razz

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 17:47
rikky 🦔

Post #16
ok.. Razz with the exception of MAYBE the 205's and 309's but as for 306's i doubt many problems whatsoever. as said my S16 engine dropped straight into my 8v shell without anything electrical required. all i did was rewire the speedo but this was only because one was cable driven and one had an electrical pickup

i know people who have put gti6 engines into 16v and 8v xsi's without needing anything Unsure other than the engine complete with the engine loom and ecu from the donor car

.. but this probably doesn't help you, as something is different if you are struggling

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 17:52
spofrcld

Post #17
i dont know what to say, its just weird then...
should uk cars be different from european, except the steering wheel side, which will drag a few changes, but mostly mechanical as i believe, no?

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 18:03