displaying posts 26 to 50 of 379

Pages (16): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: 205 gti 6
matt h 306

Regular

Location: Wiltshire

Registered: 22 Sep 2003

Posts: 350

Status: Offline

Post #26
I cant belive you have ripped that car to bits, its one of the most clean original 205s I have seen in a long time, fair play though, I am sure it will look oe in the end anyway Big grin

The xsara box I have been told is the same as an mi box which is what I am using and its a good box for road and track use and has a sensible 5th, my old gti6 205 had the 1.6 box and although it was great fun on the b roads and on track it wasnt much fun on long journeys, mine also topped out at 130 at 7.5k rpm.

How long until its supercharged thoough Roll eyes
Posted 14th Jul 2008 at 04:04
matt h 306

Regular

Location: Wiltshire

Registered: 22 Sep 2003

Posts: 350

Status: Offline

Post #27
damien wrote:
im going to be running the 1.9 box with LSD, have been told that the MI box would be better with the gti6 lump becasue of the shorter 1st/2nd and longer 4th/5th.
are you changing/uprating the engine mount? if so what ones? i was looking at them group N ones on ebay.


You can go wrong with a set of bbm engine mounts, thats what I am using Big grin
Posted 14th Jul 2008 at 04:06
superjay

Regular

Location: coventry

Registered: 15 Jan 2008

Posts: 470

Status: Offline

Post #28
wish i had the cash to finish my 205, if i did id put a gti6 lump in too LOL, proper rally bred for less bread Razz

________________________________________

CLUB PUG
Posted 14th Jul 2008 at 22:17
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #29
Thanks for all the comments guys (good and bad).

Not much more to up date as i am waiting for some parts to be delivered (sent them away to be made pretty LOL).

Just been messing with the exhaust manifold and this envolved cutting it and making the angle a few degress tighter so hopefully this will clear the bulk head and make it a tidier install, i set about the manifold with a grinder and cut almost through it then bent the manifold down and re welded it back up.

Here are a few pictures so you can understand my dribble.

This is the manifold once the cut and bend down had been applied and then re welded up, i never though about taking a before photo. Crazy




A pic of it fitted to the lump, its angle is slightly tighter to the back of the block-






Should get more of my parts back this week so can continue with the progress, will keep you all updated as the build grows.

Thanks, Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 00:10
gti-si

Regular

Location: Bolton

Registered: 29 May 2008

Posts: 228

Status: Offline

Post #30
That's a good way of getting around the clearance issue's Carl. Most people usually tilt the engine slightly by extending the bottom fork, looks like less of a bodge

Doesn't look as difficult as I thought it would be either

________________________________________

1990 Cherry Red 205 Gti-6
2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 00:19
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #31
gti-si wrote:
That's a good way of getting around the clearance issue's Carl. Most people usually tilt the engine slightly by extending the bottom fork, looks like less of a bodge

Doesn't look as difficult as I thought it would be either


I never thought of it that way mmmm. At least i have an option if it still doesnt clear.

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 00:24
gti6girl

Seasoned Pro

Location: Dartford

Registered: 19 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,692

Status: Offline

Post #32
Why not cut the flange off the 205 down pipe and re weld where it sits?

Looks nice btw
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 00:46
scottri

Seasoned Pro

Location: York

Registered: 12 Dec 2003

Posts: 5,530

Status: Offline

Post #33
gti6girl wrote:
Why not cut the flange off the 205 down pipe and re weld where it sits?

Looks nice btw



So.... many.....flange....jokes....must....keep....quiet

Whistle

________________________________________

Ripping up the M1 with M Power.
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 00:47
gti6girl

Seasoned Pro

Location: Dartford

Registered: 19 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,692

Status: Offline

Post #34
Lol...Oi dont be rude
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 00:51
maxi

Junior User

Location: Burgess Hill

Registered: 25 May 2005

Posts: 82

Status: Offline

Post #35
mechanical_repairs wrote:
Thanks for all the comments guys (good and bad).

Not much more to up date as i am waiting for some parts to be delivered (sent them away to be made pretty LOL).

Just been messing with the exhaust manifold and this envolved cutting it and making the angle a few degress tighter so hopefully this will clear the bulk head and make it a tidier install, i set about the manifold with a grinder and cut almost through it then bent the manifold down and re welded it back up.

Here are a few pictures so you can understand my dribble.

This is the manifold once the cut and bend down had been applied and then re welded up, i never though about taking a before photo. Crazy




A pic of it fitted to the lump, its angle is slightly tighter to the back of the block-






Should get more of my parts back this week so can continue with the progress, will keep you all updated as the build grows.

Thanks, Carl


Wink Whistle

Looking good mate.

Maxi

________________________________________

205 GTi6- 250BHP
205 GTi6- STD
306 GTi6- Black Phase 3
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 00:52
gti6girl

Seasoned Pro

Location: Dartford

Registered: 19 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,692

Status: Offline

Post #36
I did read it but why is it being moved out of the way of the bulk head? Ours is miles away.
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 00:59
gti-si

Regular

Location: Bolton

Registered: 29 May 2008

Posts: 228

Status: Offline

Post #37
It's not in yours is it? haha. The 205 is a fair bit tighter that the 306 bay, especially at the back

________________________________________

1990 Cherry Red 205 Gti-6
2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 01:16
gti6girl

Seasoned Pro

Location: Dartford

Registered: 19 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,692

Status: Offline

Post #38
We own a 205 gti6 also (see sig) Roll eyes
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 01:41
gti-si

Regular

Location: Bolton

Registered: 29 May 2008

Posts: 228

Status: Offline

Post #39
Ahhh sorry! That Dimma is amazing btw. On standard mounts, the manifold touches the bulkhead at the start of the exhaust tunnel.

________________________________________

1990 Cherry Red 205 Gti-6
2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 02:24
gti6girl

Seasoned Pro

Location: Dartford

Registered: 19 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,692

Status: Offline

Post #40
oh i see
Posted 15th Jul 2008 at 02:25
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #41
Well got my shiney bits back so i can put a bit more of it back together-

rocker cover and cam carriers-



Varoius brackets re painted black, heres one of them-



Exhaust manifold heat sheild-



Here's all the bits fitted to the engine, made up with them as they fit so well and look better than new-






Well thats the engine coming along nicely, just waiting for a few more bits to arrive so i changed my engine for the gearbox and stripped down a five speed Citroen Xsara box and checked it over, it looks really good and considering its done over 100k has no real marks to it at all.

Thinking about sending the casing off to be powder coatedCool

Box of bits LOL




Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 01:41
gti-si

Regular

Location: Bolton

Registered: 29 May 2008

Posts: 228

Status: Offline

Post #42
That engine is looking very nice mate! Where did you send the bits off for painting? The covers and inlet looks super sexy

Just reminded me seeing the coilpacks, don't know whether you've thought about the rev counter yet but Spiky on the 205gtidrivers sells conversion looms for

________________________________________

1990 Cherry Red 205 Gti-6
2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 04:52
pugjim

Seasoned Pro

Location: Sheffield

Registered: 11 Mar 2007

Posts: 1,380

Status: Offline

Post #43
Very nice, great work Thumbs up
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 04:53
pugjim

Seasoned Pro

Location: Sheffield

Registered: 11 Mar 2007

Posts: 1,380

Status: Offline

Post #44
gti-si wrote:
That engine is looking very nice mate! Where did you send the bits off for painting? The covers and inlet looks super sexy

Just reminded me seeing the coilpacks, don't know whether you've thought about the rev counter yet but Spiky on the 205gtidrivers sells conversion looms for
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 04:54
gti-si

Regular

Location: Bolton

Registered: 29 May 2008

Posts: 228

Status: Offline

Post #45
Arse Razz

...But yeah, true. I heard a few people had problems with that, sounds pretty much straight forward though

________________________________________

1990 Cherry Red 205 Gti-6
2000 Mitsubishi Galant V6
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 04:59
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #46
gti-si wrote:
Arse Razz

...But yeah, true. I heard a few people had problems with that, sounds pretty much straight forward though



Thanks for the offer but if you bridge a diode out on the back off the clocks that sorts it out too or you can remove it so i am told.

I will go with that option as its the cheapest and easiest (need to save some money somewhereUnsure)

Thanks for the heads up though.

I sent the parts off to a local friend of mine who does alot of bits and bobs like this for his quad company, he doesnt like me much when i turn up with all these bits and pieces, lets see what he has to say when i go next with the brake servo, subframe, lower arms and the anti roll bar, plus more which i find on the way no doubtLOL

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 05:59
stu

Seasoned Pro

Location: Milton Keynes

Registered: 22 Aug 2006

Posts: 5,525

Status: Offline

Post #47
Looks like it's going to be another awesome job from you Carl, much like your Rallye.

Keep up the good work! Cool Thumbs up
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 06:01
smighall

Smeg-all

Location: b*tching and Whinging

Registered: 03 Mar 2005

Posts: 10,012

Status: Offline

Post #48
pugjim wrote:
gti-si wrote:
That engine is looking very nice mate! Where did you send the bits off for painting? The covers and inlet looks super sexy

Just reminded me seeing the coilpacks, don't know whether you've thought about the rev counter yet but Spiky on the 205gtidrivers sells conversion looms for

________________________________________

Meh

Seat Leon Cupra FR / 306 GTI6 / Breaking 205 GTI6 / Caterham 7 / Mercedes Sprinter 311CDI LWB

Sold: Fisher Fury - Laguna DCI Estate - P1 306 XSI - E30 BMW 325i Baur Convertible - Daihatsu Fourtack - Suzuki GSXR600 - 205 Rallye
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 06:06
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #49
smighall wrote:
pugjim wrote:
gti-si wrote:
That engine is looking very nice mate! Where did you send the bits off for painting? The covers and inlet looks super sexy

Just reminded me seeing the coilpacks, don't know whether you've thought about the rev counter yet but Spiky on the 205gtidrivers sells conversion looms for

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 06:13
mangledmetal

Seasoned Pro

Location: MOB: 07968307843

Registered: 30 Aug 2003

Posts: 4,406

Status: Offline

Post #50
carl, i build a lot of gearboxers, we where thinking of getting a few powder coated, its nto a good idea really!
WE tend to steaqm clean them, then ally clener them then steam cleaner them again!

coem up loverly, then if ya fancy, just paint them!!

________________________________________

Going through the gates of Hell Backwards, in a ball of flames!

I'll, save you a place!!
Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 06:20

Pages (16): 1 [2] 3 .. last

1999 Peugeot 306 GTi Super High Boost

  • 2000cc
  • Blue
  • 130,000 miles

£6,000

Location: South Wales

All times are GMT. The time is now 06:12

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2020 all rights reserved.

Please Note : The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy and legal information