displaying posts 326 to 350 of 379

Pages (16): first .. 13 [14] 15 .. last

Author Subject: 205 gti 6
ablister

Senior User

Location: fife

Registered: 30 Oct 2005

Posts: 522

Status: Offline

Post #326
Agreed, it looks better std, no need to smooth/colour/whatever anything.

Also you say this is a 1994 car but is it not a 1993???

________________________________________

306 rallye, Richard Longman engine

rc10gt
Posted 31st Jan 2013 at 20:39
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #327
ablister wrote:
Agreed, it looks better std, no need to smooth/colour/whatever anything.

Also you say this is a 1994 car but is it not a 1993???



Each to there own, horses for courses.



Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 31st Jan 2013 at 20:57
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Location: Stourbridge

Registered: 16 Sep 2009

Posts: 2,290

Status: Offline

Post #328
mechanical_repairs wrote:
ablister wrote:
Agreed, it looks better std, no need to smooth/colour/whatever anything.

Also you say this is a 1994 car but is it not a 1993???



Each to there own, horses for courses.



Carl


f**k it, Paint them Carl, if you dont like it, you can always refit standard stuff!Thumbs up

________________________________________

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL


owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 1st Feb 2013 at 11:34
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #329
matt evans wrote:
mechanical_repairs wrote:
ablister wrote:
Agreed, it looks better std, no need to smooth/colour/whatever anything.

Also you say this is a 1994 car but is it not a 1993???



Each to there own, horses for courses.



Carl


f**k it, Paint them Carl, if you dont like it, you can always refit standard stuff!Thumbs up



Just my thought, just like you are your yellow fogsLOL

We all have our own tastes.


________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 1st Feb 2013 at 18:33
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #330
Painted the trims in the special plastic primer




The tail gate although from a newer car has a few little dents, I removed the glass as it has a chassis number etched to it which obviously will be no good, Bronze tinted glass is £280+vat Shock



Just got to wait now till the paint is applied as the tailgate is edge to edge to the rear quarters and the roof so just hope the colour has been tinted correctly.

Parked the car up and let it run for a bit, got all my replacement red inserts, these are getting hard to find now especially the rear bumper one.



As it stands, sounds quite fruity with no back box, this is removed as all the brackets to support it up have been removed to be re plated.

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 2nd Feb 2013 at 19:42
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Location: Troisvierges

Registered: 09 Mar 2009

Posts: 1,347

Status: Offline

Post #331
Love the sticker "205 un sacré numéro" lovely 205 carls Thumbs up
Posted 2nd Feb 2013 at 20:20
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #332
marco gti6 wrote:
Love the sticker "205 un sacré numéro" lovely 205 carls Thumbs up


Funny thing is mate your car is above it LOL

What does it actually mean macro your a man of many languages?

Just noticed the predictive text on your name, sorry.

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 2nd Feb 2013 at 20:33
t3ora

Regular

Location: stourbridge

Registered: 22 Dec 2009

Posts: 306

Status: Offline

Post #333
Carl wot is that floor you have got in you garage

________________________________________

Road/track car coming together slowly
Posted 2nd Feb 2013 at 20:47
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Location: Troisvierges

Registered: 09 Mar 2009

Posts: 1,347

Status: Offline

Post #334
it means : 205 one hell of a number
I recognized it by the tires LOL
Posted 2nd Feb 2013 at 20:47
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #335
t3ora wrote:
Carl wot is that floor you have got in you garage



They are industrial garage floor tiles, no longer available in the grey but are in creme, have them in my other garage.

Very good and strong.



Have broke a few at the garage tho.

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 2nd Feb 2013 at 21:37
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Location: @ de limit of adhesion !

Registered: 14 Oct 2008

Posts: 2,916

Status: Offline

Post #336
How did you manage to get the full red strip kit, i went for a whole set a few weeks ago and the OS door is NFP as is the back and front ones. I bought a front one two years ago and only just managed to buy the last chrome back one in the country afaik which i will paint over to match. I have an ok back one now but does have one dint on it and unsure if i will be able to press it out using a screwdriver. Ebay to the resque helped me find a decent door one.

________________________________________

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 3rd Feb 2013 at 04:40
silky

Seasoned Pro

Location: Chelmsford, Essex

Registered: 29 Dec 2002

Posts: 3,465

Status: Offline

Post #337
Carl, your 205 is stunning. If I had the chance to be able to get another 205 then I'd want it just like that, fantastic looking car
Posted 3rd Feb 2013 at 23:02
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #338
silky wrote:
Carl, your 205 is stunning. If I had the chance to be able to get another 205 then I'd want it just like that, fantastic looking car


Love thanks for the comments, it doesn't look so mint in a million pieces at the minuteLOL , it's all being painted in the morning well the front and rear lower valences, the tailgate and front grill.

Waiting for my mystery mixed paint to turn up for the trims. Still waiting for the bits back from the platers and the refurbers for the under side heat shields and brackets that got painted.

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 5th Feb 2013 at 18:55
TomGC

Junior User

Location: Donington

Registered: 10 Nov 2012

Posts: 93

Status: Offline

Post #339
Looks lovely, I think the trims will look good painted.

Bagsy a look when I fetch mine?
Posted 5th Feb 2013 at 19:04
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #340
TomGC wrote:
Looks lovely, I think the trims will look good painted.

Bagsy a look when I fetch mine?


Of course, your bits are ready (got to pick them up) so you will have yours this week.

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 5th Feb 2013 at 19:12
TomGC

Junior User

Location: Donington

Registered: 10 Nov 2012

Posts: 93

Status: Offline

Post #341
mechanical_repairs wrote:
TomGC wrote:
Looks lovely, I think the trims will look good painted.

Bagsy a look when I fetch mine?


Of course, your bits are ready (got to pick them up) so you will have yours this week.

Carl



Winner, I'd imagine you're getting sick of looking at it now!!
Posted 5th Feb 2013 at 19:18
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #342
TomGC wrote:
mechanical_repairs wrote:
TomGC wrote:
Looks lovely, I think the trims will look good painted.

Bagsy a look when I fetch mine?


Of course, your bits are ready (got to pick them up) so you will have yours this week.

Carl



Winner, I'd imagine you're getting sick of looking at it now!!


I am sure the ramp is fed up of lifting it now LOL

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 5th Feb 2013 at 19:50
TomGC

Junior User

Location: Donington

Registered: 10 Nov 2012

Posts: 93

Status: Offline

Post #343
mechanical_repairs wrote:
TomGC wrote:
mechanical_repairs wrote:
TomGC wrote:
Looks lovely, I think the trims will look good painted.

Bagsy a look when I fetch mine?


Of course, your bits are ready (got to pick them up) so you will have yours this week.

Carl



Winner, I'd imagine you're getting sick of looking at it now!!


I am sure the ramp is fed up of lifting it now LOL

Carl


Perhaps it will get vertigo? Dunno
Posted 5th Feb 2013 at 23:42
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #344
Well at about 11 today this is what I saw when I looked through the painters glass doors-





Then once touch dry, it was nice and cosy in the booth, about 50 degrees.



Plus I got my zinc plated bits back.

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 6th Feb 2013 at 18:02
gman

Seasoned Pro

Location: Didcot

Registered: 25 Oct 2007

Posts: 1,471

Status: Offline

Post #345
Those zinc plated bits are a nice touch Carl, nice and original looking. Out of interest, how much would it set one back to zinc coat all the bit in that box?

Graham

________________________________________

1992 Onyx Black 205 GTI-6
2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
2005 Clio 182 Trophy (sold)
Posted 6th Feb 2013 at 18:20
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #346
gman wrote:
Those zinc plated bits are a nice touch Carl, nice and original looking. Out of interest, how much would it set one back to zinc coat all the bit in that box?

Graham


It seems the more I give them at once the cheaper it is, that lot cost me £30, some might say its a little expensive but it's done well.

Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 6th Feb 2013 at 18:58
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Location: Stourbridge

Registered: 16 Sep 2009

Posts: 2,290

Status: Offline

Post #347
mechanical_repairs wrote:
gman wrote:
Those zinc plated bits are a nice touch Carl, nice and original looking. Out of interest, how much would it set one back to zinc coat all the bit in that box?

Graham


It seems the more I give them at once the cheaper it is, that lot cost me £30, some might say its a little expensive but it's done well.

Carl


Thats a bargain tbh.Thumbs up

________________________________________

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL


owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 6th Feb 2013 at 19:05
gman

Seasoned Pro

Location: Didcot

Registered: 25 Oct 2007

Posts: 1,471

Status: Offline

Post #348
mechanical_repairs wrote:
gman wrote:
Those zinc plated bits are a nice touch Carl, nice and original looking. Out of interest, how much would it set one back to zinc coat all the bit in that box?

Graham


It seems the more I give them at once the cheaper it is, that lot cost me £30, some might say its a little expensive but it's done well.

Carl


That's not too bad really. Not much in the scheme of things

________________________________________

1992 Onyx Black 205 GTI-6
2005 Honda S2000 (Sold)
2002 Audi S3 (Sold)
2005 Clio 182 Trophy (sold)
Posted 6th Feb 2013 at 19:05
gwyn rallye

Regular

Location: Anglesey

Registered: 05 Jul 2007

Posts: 440

Status: Offline

Post #349
coming along nicely now Carl... how difficult is it to remove the rear hatch window complete??

________________________________________

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 6th Feb 2013 at 20:24
mechanical_repairs

Seasoned Pro

Location: leicester

Registered: 10 Jan 2005

Posts: 12,119

Status: Offline

Post #350
gwyn rallye wrote:
coming along nicely now Carl... how difficult is it to remove the rear hatch window complete??


I got a local firm who do work around the area to remove it, he owes me some favours, he seemed to do it relatively easily, they do it with a type of wire and it cuts the seal, I suppose there is a risk of damage.


Carl

________________________________________

C.G.Cars of Leicester, Peugeot/Citroen/Renault specialist Tel: 01162 624498/07799 405184 WWW.CGCARSLEICESTER.CO.UK
36 narborough road south, Leicester LE3 2fn

MOT station now open, tests £35 with a free retest.
Recovery available with a recovery unit, for those not so local jobs

Also offer the loan of a free courtesy car 306 dturbo
Posted 6th Feb 2013 at 20:28

Pages (16): first .. 13 [14] 15 .. last

All times are GMT. The time is now 04:26

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2020 all rights reserved.

Please Note : The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy and legal information