displaying posts 626 to 650 of 659

Pages (27): first .. 25 [26] 27

Author Subject: 2wd Offroad Buggy
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #626
I think the moment you start realising you may have OCD over the build is when you find yourself in the middle of making your own custom circlips....

... I need a new hobby. Big grin

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 5th Apr 2019 at 18:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #627
Colour coded driveshafts?
Yes, not content with being the fashion leaders with colour-coded brakepads, we're now forging the way for the Next Hot Thing™ of 2019 - colour coded driveshafts, you saw them here first:

And a quick picture to show how well the combination of the Spiralox circlips and the counterbored CV stars work - there's no way in hell it's knocking those circlips off!

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 6th Apr 2019 at 22:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #628
Love it Phil LOL
Keep them updates coming m8
Posted 7th Apr 2019 at 18:29
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #629
Hopefully they should be rather faster now Big grin

As you can probably see from the pics the correct larger alternator has arrived too so the pulleys have been swapped over and a couple of new brackets fabbed so that's getting welded on tonight, gotta pull the dashboard and drill the other two switch holes for the launch control knob, etc.
Could do with having it flocked too but the guy that was going to do it the last time I asked has shut shop since then LOL

If I don't find anywhere local sharpish though it'll be getting satin black rattle-canned and thrown back in, f**k it Whistle

Email me!
Posted 7th Apr 2019 at 19:47
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #630
Shock adjuster housings roughed out, everything seems to work okay, needed a little fine tuning for o-ring clearances:

Anyway, back on the lathe for a debur, tweak the clearances and make it slightly less clunky looking:

And the final article, I might shorten it slightly yet as I found some smaller fittings for the rear end:

Next stop, some new o-rings, reassemble and put them back on the car. Doesn't sit very well with only one set of rear dampers and springs on Big grin

Email me!
Posted 21st Apr 2019 at 02:55
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #631
Level of work in this is outstanding, looks like everything is being built from scratch, amazing! Clapping

Just Drive It
Posted 21st Apr 2019 at 09:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #632
Pretty much LOL

It's nice to know you've made almost everything yourself though.
Of course, the downside is, you have to make everything yourself... LOL

Email me!
Posted 21st Apr 2019 at 10:00
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #633
Id love to have the ability and machinery to just knock up parts, downside is that it does take a long time, looks awesome though Cool

Just Drive It
Posted 21st Apr 2019 at 10:05
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #634

Video Clicky - Pre-dyno checks, got a few niggles and then it's back there in a week or so

Email me!
Posted 26th Jan 2022 at 00:24
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #635
Bloody Fantastic Phil Clapping

Ive followed your build since coming on here nearly 9 years ago Thumbs up
Posted 30th Jan 2022 at 11:00
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #636
Yep, it moves and drives!

Well it did...

bloody clutch bearing....

Email me!
Posted 30th Jan 2022 at 13:55
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #637
Ohh no Sad
What a pain in the ass Phil
Posted 30th Jan 2022 at 17:59
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #638
I mean it's easily sorted, just a pain, switched to a better bearing anyway with a shoulder and gonna grease it with some higher spec lube.
New fuel rail has been made to replace the OE one to make sure we're not getting any boiling and there were some other bits to tidy up anyway - exhaust joints had a bit of a leak, the OE Honda coil connectors were cracked so I pulled that sub-loom out and made a new one with new connectors.
Cost a few days really, but I can't work flat out atm anyway, just odd bits here and there 'cause I had to have surgery on my eyes and I'm still recovering.

Email me!
Posted 31st Jan 2022 at 16:51
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #639
Love to see updates on this weapon Big grin

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 31st Jan 2022 at 20:04
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #640
Back together, did some tweaks on the throttle transients, much better

Email me!
Posted 12th Feb 2022 at 01:47
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #641

Hi Phil
She sounds fantastic on tick over and when you blipped the throttle at the end she sounded crisp and sharp as ….bloody credit to you Sir Love

Whats your next plan for her now ?
Posted 12th Feb 2022 at 08:25
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #642
Back to the dyno next week and get it on the final map, get some miles on it, bed everything in, finish some paintwork, get the new seats fitted and then racing in Wales in 6 weeks

Email me!
Posted 12th Feb 2022 at 13:28
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #643
Imagine the sound of that going full chat through a forest!

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 12th Feb 2022 at 15:11
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #644
I'm looking forward to it going full chat, it's only been up to 4psi of boost so far Big grin

Email me!
Posted 12th Feb 2022 at 16:45
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #645
I bloody bet you are. You will have to put some links up to events you do and if any are local and I’m free I will pop over for a watch

Posted 12th Feb 2022 at 17:24
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #646
First one is at Walters Arena, March 20th. Not sure what we're doing after as we're kinda just picking fun events from a few championships just to get things bedded and setup. Not doing a full championship this year I don't think.

Email me!
Posted 12th Feb 2022 at 20:20
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #647
Watch the boost hoses Big grin

It's not light enough yet...

Email me!
Posted 14th Feb 2022 at 22:29
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #648
It looks too shiny to risk getting muddy! Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 15th Feb 2022 at 18:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #649
It's already muddy!

But yes Ed nearly cried when he got mud on it and went and washed it straight away Big grin

Email me!
Posted 15th Feb 2022 at 22:00
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #650
I'll just drop this here too, one of the french boys new car:

Mental 306 clicky

Mental 306 #2 clicky

Email me!
Posted 19th Feb 2022 at 13:31

Pages (27): first .. 25 [26] 27