displaying posts 26 to 50 of 659

Pages (27): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: 2wd Offroad Buggy
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Is the sound better or worse on this one:

Click

Only blipped to 5k there as the engine was warming though.

Or this one:

Clicky 2

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 28th Jul 2008 at 01:39
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #27
love the mudwings, supersingle or twin wheel width on the rear? Big grin

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Jul 2008 at 03:55
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Twins, 'cause there's some 8.5" wheels to go on the back shortly. LOL

It'll be a bit skittish at the back on those tyres when you change into 5th (at 120mph+ Ninja )

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 15:43
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
fantastic project, fantastic thread and fantastic skill. well done m8 i am well and truly 100% jelous

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 6th Aug 2008 at 05:25
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
If someone would buy the bloody Fouquet I can get on with documenting the new car build LOL

Email me!
Posted 6th Aug 2008 at 05:48
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Right, got the louvers in the rear bonnet done, as well as a scoop for air feed to the radiators, just needs small naca duct over the engine inlet and the brakes fitting and we can race at last.

Should be running it at a small event at Newstead Abbey in 4 weeks, hopefully.

Email me!
Posted 9th Sep 2008 at 21:22
pedro_de_la_cruz

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
all of this is so cool! Cool sometimes makes me wish id chosen engineering as a career path LOL

*R.I.P Pete Sims*
Posted 9th Sep 2008 at 22:04
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
New discs for it I've milled up from some CGI iron plate:

Ideally the rear needs to go vented now we have 260-odd bhp, but they'll do for now until we've got some pennies spare, as always it's gone over budget!

Email me!
Posted 18th Sep 2008 at 18:47
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Whats a budget for if not to go over hey Wink

Bet you can't wait to get to that first event Yes

Just Drive It
Posted 18th Sep 2008 at 19:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
rallyestyle wrote:
Whats a budget for if not to go over hey Wink

yeah, but we've gone over it by about

Email me!
Posted 18th Sep 2008 at 19:14
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
Right, brakes are on, just needs my door finishing off and the front geometery resetting and we can actually go racing at last.

There's some other work to do like tidying up the rear bonnet and sorting an actuator system for on of the variable inlet systems -we're down about 20bhp at the top end as we've had to keep it closed currently Sad - plus the wider rear wheels to make, but nothing urgent, it's good enough to go for a spin anyway.
Big grin

At fooking last!

Email me!
Posted 22nd Sep 2008 at 05:19
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Hmm, todays job seems to be see if you can find 2 problems for every one you fix.

Power steering weeping, fixed it, remembered bulkhead needed plating and that oil pipes hadn't been covered over yet.
Mesh the rear panels, realise air intake still needs ducting to protect it from mud and that passenger door still wants tidying up...

I'm going to have to get it an honorary Peugeot badge if it keeps this up.

Edit: If fact, there so many niggly bits to sort out, anyone free to lend a hand over the next couple of days before the weekend?

Coffee, bacon butties and passenger rides available, new undercrackers may be required.

Email me!
Posted 30th Sep 2008 at 22:49
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Sadly buddy im nowhere near otherwise i would jump at the cahnce to give you a hand Yes Looks uber crazy Devil

Just Drive It
Posted 1st Oct 2008 at 14:14
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
Managed to crack on at a breakneck pace today actually, so should be OK for running it at the weekend.

I'm fooked though , been running on caffeine LOL

Email me!
Posted 1st Oct 2008 at 23:34
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
Pictures of it being used in anger on Monday Ninja Devil

Email me!
Posted 4th Oct 2008 at 01:46
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Well, we managed to get there but unfortunately the exhaust got so hot it heated the engine bay enough to cause the fuel in the injector rail to boil, which means we need to extend the top scoop forwards and upwards into the airstream, and find some way to heat lag the exhaust (not as easy as wrapping it as the rotaries manifold temperature will melt wrap)

Email me!
Posted 5th Oct 2008 at 04:56
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
It went well though, although we got a bollocking for covering an official photographer from head to toe in mud, although if he will stand on the outside of a corner in damp woodland, that's his problem LOL

Email me!
Posted 5th Oct 2008 at 05:34
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
Right, air scoop has been extended forwards into the high pressure area right before the top of the windscreen - not pretty, but it works.

Unfortunately that doesn't give an room for the air to expand into to slow down and go around the curve into the radiator - so we've chopped down into the cab through the rear cross to make a huge airbox.

Few heatsheilds around the manifold and some lagging over the fuel rail.
Few niggles to sort out but hoping to be at Cadwell on the 25th Jan. to make sure she really will run cool LOL

Email me!
Posted 22nd Dec 2008 at 04:03
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
And I've got Ed bolting on some alloy replacements for various steel fixings and adaptors today, while I'm working on the miller, along with a lighter mounting for the brake discs, and some altered wheels.

By the end of the day she should have shed another 25 kilos Cool

Email me!
Posted 23rd Dec 2008 at 15:48
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
phillipm wrote:
so we've chopped down into the cab through the rear cross to make a huge airbox.

It's not the most elegant solution but:

Lots of missing paint lately where someone's been let loose with the grinder...

Email me!
Posted 14th Jan 2009 at 02:00
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
Well, warmed the doors up today to reform the bends needed now they've had time to relax, so they're finished at last, had to rebuild one of the fiddle brakes though after it popped a seal, luckily I'd got an old clutch cylinder from a Triumph with the same style seal in.
Bled the brakes, changed the fluids and filters, tightened the bolts up, loaded a new map on for a bit more top end power, and loaded it onto the trailer ready for Oulton Park in 4 hours.

Bwaarrrppp!

Email me!
Posted 21st Feb 2009 at 06:51
Trigger

General Trig

Post #47
phillipm wrote:
Well, warmed the doors up today to reform the bends needed now they've had time to relax, so they're finished at last, had to rebuild one of the fiddle brakes though after it popped a seal, luckily I'd got an old clutch cylinder from a Triumph with the same style seal in.
Bled the brakes, changed the fluids and filters, tightened the bolts up, loaded a new map on for a bit more top end power, and loaded it onto the trailer ready for Oulton Park in 4 hours.

Bwaarrrppp!

Good luck !
Posted 21st Feb 2009 at 08:45
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
I've grabbed the camera this time though LOL

Hopefully, if the rally track has enough grip with the mud tyres on, we'll get a chance to drop the tyre pressures and film a nice wheelie.

Email me!
Posted 21st Feb 2009 at 10:59
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
Right, had a few niggles but only small bits, great day out though.

Mud/terrain tyres will not turn in on polished tarmac though LOL

Email me!
Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 01:24
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #50

Thanks to Ziploc on the talkphotography.co.uk site for that one.

Email me!
Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 06:21

Pages (27): 1 [2] 3 .. last